Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton South Beach, Florida - Any recent reports? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton South Beach, Florida - Any recent reports? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 4:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Not sure why all the love for RC when so many other options exist. The RC SoBe has dated hardware in rooms and offers almost nothing over the many other choices in SoBe or Miami area in general. If you're going there for the beach, you can find a cheaper luxury hotel, if you're going there for the hotel, you can find a nicer hotel.

Regarding the dated hardware though - I feel like the same can be said for most if not all RC in the US.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Regarding the dated hardware though - I feel like the same can be said for most if not all RC in the US.
Hardware?
Old May 4, 2017, 9:24 pm
Original Member

Hard product.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Some are relatively new and not dated like Lake Tahoe, Dove Mountain or (without personal experience) Rancho Mirage. But agree regarding many other RC-properties.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by offerendum
Some are relatively new and not dated like Lake Tahoe, Dove Mountain or (without personal experience) Rancho Mirage. But agree regarding many other RC-properties.
But are they though? Even the new ones have the most ubiquitous faintly-veined beige marble in bathrooms (if they even have marbles), short beige headboard, and the uninspiring brown night stand, and a 50 shades of brown palette of decor in general. Just because some properties were recently renovated does not necessarily make them new in appearance. Maybe I'm spoiled by luxury hotels in Asia but I feel like the design and hard product is very important.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Maybe I'm spoiled by luxury hotels in Asia but I feel like the design and hard product is very important.
Without question and many RC-Hotels don´t meet my requirements. Lake Tahoe and Dove Mountain were build completely new, but the bathroom at least at LT (have to check DM) isn´t full marble. Did stay myself last time in a RC in 2015 (Penha Longa), before in 2013. So not a real fan. Only think that they are not that bad and have some good properties.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by sig05
How did you get upgraded to Club Level from a Lanai view? That's at least two steps down from the best non-suite and non-club rooms.

I'm Club Level on a AAA rate for Club City View that includes valet parking for my stay. Didn't make sense to burn a RC upgrade cert in this instance.
I booked through AMEX FHR and on arrival asked if it would be possible to have access to the club lounge. Perhaps upgrade was a poor choice of words.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:57 pm

This place has gone waaaay down hill. I had to stay there a few moments ago and service is awful and the rooms are tired, small and strangely laid out compared to other options. Go to Soho Beach House, The Faena, Setai or 1Hotel.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by m.photog
I booked through AMEX FHR and on arrival asked if it would be possible to have access to the club lounge. Perhaps upgrade was a poor choice of words.
Did you pay for the Club upgrade? I stay 20+nights at a RC and never had a Club upgrade without payment.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:15 pm

At Ritz South Beach right now. Club level is very small and food offerings are quite limited compared to other RC properties. Will update after my stay.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Just completed another stay as platinum. Booked interior room on points. Was glad to see online that we were upgraded to partial ocean view before check-in. Interior rooms are terrible.

At check-in, asked for a balcony and was further upgraded. Accepted $150 club upgrade per night instead of $250. New club is nice although small. Even when it was busy, there was always seating available. Food and beverage offerings are good for a US property but nothing compared to Dubai or Asian RC.

Service in the club is pretty good but the rest of the hotel seems understaffed, as usual.
Old May 14, 2017, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by tangel
Just completed another stay as platinum. Booked interior room on points. Was glad to see online that we were upgraded to partial ocean view before check-in. Interior rooms are terrible.

At check-in, asked for a balcony and was further upgraded. Accepted $150 club upgrade per night instead of $250. New club is nice although small. Even when it was busy, there was always seating available. Food and beverage offerings are good for a US property but nothing compared to Dubai or Asian RC.

Service in the club is pretty good but the rest of the hotel seems understaffed, as usual.
Just finished a three night stay. Club was small as said above - thought the food was below average compared to other US RC properties. Service was good in the Club - they are understaffed, so if it's busy then things might change.

Booked Club interior view on a AAA rate and upgraded to Partial Ocean view, which seemed like pulling teeth to get any type of upgrade despite wide open Club rooms.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
What can Marriott Platinum members expect here?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Any recent reviews here? Debating between here and Ritz Bal Harbor. Looking for nice pool and beach for the kids.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 2:05 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by fishy21
Any recent reviews here? Debating between here and Ritz Bal Harbor. Looking for nice pool and beach for the kids.
I would go for Bal Harbour with children if the choice is between than and South Beach. Bal Harbour is heavy on suites for upgrades, has a decent beach and a good resort pool area.
Four Seasons Surf Side would be another great option, but the pool lacks that resort feel - but beach is wide open and spacious
If you want something in the Ritz family maybe take a look at Key Biscayne which is closer to South Beach than Bal Harbour
fishy21 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.