Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Any way to get any kind of discount in Aman Resorts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Well, that's the question... ?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Globalist
1) Get an Amex Platinum. You'll get free breakfast every day, an upgraded room, and some random freebie. I value breakfast for 2 at ~$50/day. We did this at Amanpulo and got upgraded to a Beach Casita.

2) Last year Aman was running a buy 3, get 4 special with with Amex Plat. This is an effective 25% discount, and made it well worth getting the credit card, even with the fee. They haven't run this special since.

3) Individual Aman resorts will run packages that can be very attractive. These are under the "Exclusives" tab on the resort website. http://www.amanresorts.com/exclusive...&LangType=1033 at the Amangiri looks like a sweet deal--3 nights, all meals, and 2 1/2 hours of spa PER day.

Usually they'll throw in sweeteners off the base rate.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 3:43 pm

Does that Amangiri offer include a room? Because that is a whale of deal.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 4:14 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

For Amangiri this year, I booked through a Virtuoso travel agent and so several amenities are included: free breakfast, one lunch, and an upgrade if available. The rate is the published rack rate, however.

For the 5 Aman Indonesia properties, I booked through a Virtuoso agent and not only received all of the Virtuoso amenities, but the nightly rates were $100-$200 less than the rates on the Aman Web site.

For the Aman India Journey, I booked through Peirce and Leslie agency in India, which gets significantly lower rates for the Aman India Journey than the published rates.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brooking
Does that Amangiri offer include a room? Because that is a whale of deal.
I assumed it did! It wasn't clear to me if there was an extra charge if two people were staying (twice as many spa treatments, meals) or if that was already included. Unfortunate the flights to Page, AZ are a pain.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tmft
I assumed it did! It wasn't clear to me if there was an extra charge if two people were staying (twice as many spa treatments, meals) or if that was already included. Unfortunate the flights to Page, AZ are a pain.
I was similarly wowed by that Amangiri Spa Retreat offer, but when I tried to book it, it turns out that that is just the price for one person. It jumped way up to ~$5000 for 2, so it's not really much of a deal, if any, at all.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
Originally Posted by tmft
Unfortunate the flights to Page, AZ are a pain.
I agree, it was the most unpleasant flight I've ever had
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:52 pm

Book through virtuoso. (and you get some freebies) Aman does not/never does discount
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:45 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Aman does not/never does discount
never say never.... Groombridge already has figured out that Aman does do contract rates with certain in-bound tour agents.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: some
One other way to get a 'discount' - book yourself into a recently opened property. Soft-opening rates can be up to 50% off.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:11 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I booked through Amex, got all the benefits like breakfast, room upgrade and a free lunch and was able to negotiate a lower room rate than what was published on the website directly with the hotel.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I booked through Amex, got all the benefits like breakfast, room upgrade and a free lunch and was able to negotiate a lower room rate than what was published on the website directly with the hotel.
Interesting! Which property did you book?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:40 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by danishtraveller
Well, that's the question... ?

To get heavy discounts for Indonesian Amanresorts be an Indonesian or in India be an Indian .

From serious sources I know that discounts are up tp 50 % especially in Indonesia .

Imagine the Aman staff when they have to handle two Indian couples with 8 children and maids at Amanbagh. It was not very Aman anymore when they invaded, but the management handled the situation perfectly well by allocating rooms in separate locations and by trying to channel especially the children.

However I think discounting to people from their own countries is insulting to all regular guests . Increasingly Indians and Indonesians may be much richer than people from the western world.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:46 pm

This rates are avabilable by request only (Indonesian resident) and also applies to folks who have the resident card (the equvalent the US greeen card - that lets you work, live and yes pay taxes in Indonesia ).

I didn't know the Indian's got in on the simmilar deal. Wow.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Groombridge
I was similarly wowed by that Amangiri Spa Retreat offer, but when I tried to book it, it turns out that that is just the price for one person. It jumped way up to ~$5000 for 2, so it's not really much of a deal, if any, at all.
thats additional $866 / $816 per day

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
amangiri spa journey
additional $180 / $273 per day depending on season
daily program includes >
- 2.5 hours wellness treatments
- full board - healthy or detox
- 2 hours guided hikes (private?)
- 1 hour yoga / fitness training (private?)

slot canyon tour seems to be ~$390
re discounts >
Originally Posted by Groombridge
I booked the Aman India Journey through David O and Peirce & Leslie and got a rate that is at least $1000 less expensive than the published rate for the Aman India Journey.
amanpuri rate drop (and historical rates including tsunami discount)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13353090-post51.html

Originally Posted by kmklint
Amangiri arranged a private charter plane from Page, AZ to Las Vegas (Boulder City) for 1500.00. IF I wanted to fly over Bryce Canyon on the way to LV, the cost was 2200.00.
offtopic, relating to apparent variation in amangiri spa journey pricing >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
FSLG ayurvedic immersion rates are now online

additional cost per nt runs $61.42 (21 nts, single, low season) > $828.27 (7 nts, double, low season)

full board additional cost per nt usually runs $115 single / $230 double
for amangiri's double spa journey rates, you can get unlimited spa treatments @ canyon ranch lenox
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13447347-post7.html

compilation of spa programs at regular luxury resorts (not destination spas like canyon ranch)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12401137-post6.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 17, 2010 at 12:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.