Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

FS Jimbaran Bay: Hotel vs. Residences

FS Jimbaran Bay: Hotel vs. Residences

Old Oct 7, 10, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by flying MD View Post
Hi,

Yes, the Residence Villa this time. There will be 5 of us so the Royal Villa is just too "small". I visited the RV during my last stay there and really liked it, but I was wondering if there is any particular one to chose from. Thanks for your advice. I will ask them for villa #6. Thanks!
Have a great stay. I loved this particular residence. If you cannot secure it, then do insist on one on the front row rather than at the rear as the private beach access is so much easier.
Old Oct 7, 10, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle View Post
Have a great stay. I loved this particular residence. If you cannot secure it, then do insist on one on the front row rather than at the rear as the private beach access is so much easier.
Will do. Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 11, 3:17 am

Here are 2 maps of the resort, one courtesy of the resort itself via MarshKing in 2011, the other a scan from a visit in 2014. Both are interesting...

2011 map below. I've kept it because it highlights the villa categories quite nicely. The "residences" discussed in this thread are labelled "Private Estates" on this map.

2014 map below. The "residences" discussed in this thread are now labelled "Private Residence Villas". The map also shows the new Sundara restaurant and other changes to the resort.

Last edited by alf_fly; Aug 25, 14 at 6:40 pm
Old Aug 26, 11, 3:45 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
...you have to know, that:

- the ocean in front of the oceanfront villas is no beach, but some bigger rocks you can't climb over. For a swimmable beach, you have to go to the beach on the upper right, starting in front of the FS private estates.

- this beach is the only beach - and, more important, it is only a semi-private beach for the first 50 meters, turning into a public beach, with an Interconti some steps further

- all the villas are very, very, very close to each other

- everything which has ocean view has also airport view (nice for planespotters, not so nice for peace-seekers)

- the FS private estates are close to the beach, but they have no ocean view at all, since they are all behind a hedgerow

So for a luxurious beach holiday I would advice to avoid the FS and choose Amankila, Amanusa, Bulgari, Karma or one of the Alilas instead - or fly one adventures seaplane-flight further to Amanwana.

Last edited by deer; Aug 26, 11 at 3:53 am
Old Aug 26, 11, 4:39 am

I did not want to discuss the resort merits or beach, simply illustrate the discussion by a decent resort map

None of the Amans on Bali have residence type accommodation for groups or large families. The other hotels you mention have nice web pictures but get little love on the forum.
Old Aug 26, 11, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by alf_fly View Post
I did not want to discuss the resort merits or beach, simply illustrate the discussion by a decent resort map

None of the Amans on Bali have residence type accommodation for groups or large families. The other hotels you mention have nice web pictures but get little love on the forum.
Thanks for the map alf_fly.
I love the view from Royal villa #100 which has a huge open space with great privacy.Because it so low down towards the beach and has beautiful flowering trees around it,there is less of the airport to see.
Old Aug 26, 11, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alf_fly View Post
XBR - alila soori (beachfront)
6BR - como shambhala estate
4BR - FS jimbaran
3BR - amandari, FS sayan, legian club, legian (beachfront)
2BR - amankila, chedi club ubud
upcoming - amanusa

another version of map found thanks to Musken >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 11, 12 at 9:00 pm
Old Sep 7, 11, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
6BR - como shambhala estate
4BR - FS jimbaran
3BR - amandari, FS sayan, legian (beachfront), legian club
2BR - amankila, chedi club ubud

3BR - kayumanis nusa dua, gangsa sanur (some fans here)
Allright, I should have mentioned "beach"!

Doing this removes como, dari, sayan, legian club, chedi and gangsa
Old Sep 23, 11, 10:49 am

I am looking at the 2bedroom residence villa and was curious if others had any other suggestions for other properties, including those listed by Kagehitokiri, as well as whether anyone has stayed in the FS residence villa with small children. We have 3 adults and our 2 very small children (28 months and 10 months).

Originally had planned to get 2 pool suites at St Regis (total about $800 per night for the 2) but now one night we need is sold out. St Regis is offering me their 2 bedroom pool suite for about $1300 per night. I can get the 2bedroom villa at FS residences for about $800 with the buy 3 get the 4th free promo and that seems like a better deal. We love the St Regis layout (very flat) and beach for playing with the kids, but the extra $500 per night is making me cringe. The FS residence villas are twice the size of the St Regis 2bdrm (and have kitchens) so seem like a good tradeoff for what we would get in saving that kind of money.

Any comments on how the FS residences are for kids? Also, any other thoughts in the sub $1000 range on/near the beach that would accomodate our group?
Old Sep 23, 11, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

legian and amankila are more expensive.

FS residences include butler and laundry, and kids club accepts 2 year olds.

you might consider > http://www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranb...tail_3040.html
not as good as FS chiang mai's but not as expensive. may be more added value than cost.

Originally Posted by ABG View Post
Take a look at this video perhaps stepem
http://www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranb...resort-BAL_002
brilliant video of residences.

few pictures, start here >
http://www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranb...resort-BAL_308

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 23, 11 at 3:17 pm
Old Sep 23, 11, 3:01 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Take a look at this video perhaps stepem
http://www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranb...resort-BAL_002
Old Nov 11, 11, 11:18 am

Just came back from a week long stay in Residence 6. It was perfect for our gathering with friends and kids.

Some pics to document some of this thread discussion points.

Yes the view encompasses the airport and you can see the planes. We never heard one, however.
This pic is from the back of the beach area in front of the residences ("Coconut Groove").

The road is tiny but sees medium-low traffic. We never heard anything from the ground area, including the bedrooms (because of the wall). Noise was more noticeable however from the upper bedroom.
You can see the doors from residences 5 and 6. The entrance to the beach area is approximately where the car is, in front of residence 3.

The residence have no view at all. This is what you see from the living room of residence 6. The door to the road is to the right of the Bale in the back.

All in all we had a wonderful stay and we can only recommend the Four Seasons residences for extended families traveling to the region.
Old Nov 11, 11, 2:14 pm

Some additional news on the resort:
  • PJ's restaurant and pretty much everything below the Kid's club is closed for renovation
  • The temple next to PJ is being extended; this creates some noise in the residences 5 and above.
  • Residence 3 has been converted to a restaurant and additional pool temporarily until PJ is re-opened
  • The beach area in front of the residences is no longer reserved to the residence residents.

Work is expected to be completed by Q1 2012. Until then, probably best to try and get residences 1 or 2 in the front row. "Garden" residences (8, 9 and 10) are not affected by the noise.

2014 update: construction complete. See updated map above.

Last edited by alf_fly; Aug 25, 14 at 6:42 pm
Old Nov 11, 11, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great info and pics ^
Old Dec 5, 11, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://pr-canada.net/index.php?optio...0210&Itemid=58
[jimbaran residences] in-house chef, they can do so for just USD100 per meal sitting.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 8, 12 at 12:58 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: