Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

any experience with ClassicTravel.com? (Virtuoso)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any experience with ClassicTravel.com? (Virtuoso)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I am looking to book a simple stay on this website, no special requests or anything. I don’t see any fees listed for the TA. Are they just relying on commission for these bookings or will I be charged as soon as I sent them an email with a question.
Furthermore is the payment through the TA or processed directly by the hotel? I’d rather have the latter, not really knowing this agency.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I am looking to book a simple stay on this website, no special requests or anything. I don’t see any fees listed for the TA. Are they just relying on commission for these bookings or will I be charged as soon as I sent them an email with a question.
Furthermore is the payment through the TA or processed directly by the hotel? I’d rather have the latter, not really knowing this agency.
They just get commission, no other fees. Hotel processes the payment, not the TA. Nothing to fear.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I have an agent at Classic. At first, the service was good - any time I had a stay with special requests, or was booking for several nights, there was always a welcome amenity and an advance email verifying everything. In addition, I would often just book 1-2 night stays online without contacting the agent, and with no special requests. I always figured this threw her a little extra commission without requiring anything of her.

But in the last year I have booked 4-5 rooms for 4-5 nights for trips and there has been no follow up, no welcome, no special requests honored. I think we've gotten to the point where many of the Classic agents are just waiting for the autobookings that forward them a commission without requiring anything of them.

I love Classic for last minute bookings, but I'll likely look for a new Virtuoso agent soon.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
You can use the Virtuoso booking tool for simple, last minute Virtuoso bookings.

You'll have to sign up for a Virtuoso agent on Virtuoso.com. You should be able to choose any of the Virtuoso TA's on this forum. I can say that Ourisman Travel follows up every V.com booking with our standard VIP process, but most of the FlyerTalk Virtuoso TA's do the same.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Just booked last minute with them at the Peninsula Manila. The rate was good compared to FHR, but the experience was totally different.

No follow up from the website and the hotel didn't mention any of the benefits etc. With Amex the whole process was smoother (3rd night free also) but the benefits this time were better with Virtuoso.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:09 am

Not seeing a field to enter in my loyalty number on classictravel.com, do I have to manually add it when I reach the hotel?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Email Classic Travel and ask the agent to add your loyalty number to the Sabre booking.

BTW, if you book a hotel on the Virtuoso.com booking engine, there's a field to enter your frequent guest number.

Originally Posted by fangtl
Not seeing a field to enter in my loyalty number on classictravel.com, do I have to manually add it when I reach the hotel?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:00 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DavidO
Email Classic Travel and ask the agent to add your loyalty number to the Sabre booking.

BTW, if you book a hotel on the Virtuoso.com booking engine, there's a field to enter your frequent guest number.

IME, Virtuoso doesn’t successfully import my address, phone number, email or loyalty number with StR reservations.

I have to manually search them on Mariott’s website but it has the suburb of my agent but no other details.

I’m unsure about other programs.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:48 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by m0hamed
IME, Virtuoso doesn’t successfully import my address, phone number, email or loyalty number with StR reservations.
A GDS booking would never send across to Marriott your address, phone or email. It should pull your Bonvoy account without an issue and at that point Marriott's system may be able to attach some personal info you have shared with Marriott.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:40 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ABG
A GDS booking would never send across to Marriott your address, phone or email. It should pull your Bonvoy account without an issue and at that point Marriott's system may be able to attach some personal info you have shared with Marriott.
It definitely doesn't pull the loyalty number so everything else isn't sourced by Mariott, either.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:25 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by m0hamed
It definitely doesn't pull the loyalty number so everything else isn't sourced by Mariott, either.
I don't use the tool, i'm just advising how it is suppose to work. The tool (and a GDS booking) would never import your address, phone number + email.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:35 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
I don't use the tool, i'm just advising how it is suppose to work. The tool (and a GDS booking) would never import your address, phone number + email.
My point is that the Virtuoso website doesn't import your Mariott number.

Virtuoso has always been seriously behind on IT so it doesn't surprise me.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

I found Classic offering a 4th night free promotion on a Virtuoso rate but spoke with 2 other Virtuoso agents who weren't able to see the 4th night free for that property. Anyone know why this could be? Did Classic negotiate that bilaterally or is it simply an old promotion that's still in their system as current?
Old May 19, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I found Classic offering a 4th night free promotion on a Virtuoso rate but spoke with 2 other Virtuoso agents who weren't able to see the 4th night free for that property. Anyone know why this could be? Did Classic negotiate that bilaterally or is it simply an old promotion that's still in their system as current?
It's not a bilateral deal. If your TA can't see it, just have them phone the resort. Not everything gets loaded into the GDS or the hotel booking engine.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:29 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
I love the idea of Virtuoso allowing direct bookings but honestly and in practice, I just prefer to ask my clients reach out to me directly and I'll take care of rest.
Avoid any confusion or anything to fall through the cracks. But I'm a bit Type A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.