Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Marrakech: Four Seasons or Sofitel Palais Imperial?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Four Seasons looks better, but location seems further out. It appears you can walk everywhere from Sofitel.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Sofitel is meant to be a mess. La Mamounia is far better and inside the city walls, Sofitel is just outside.

Why not split your stay? Couple of days at a riad like Villa des Orangers to see the city and then a couple at the Taj or FS to chill out. Villa des O is excellent and all you need if ony visiting for a couple of days.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
Sofitel is meant to be a mess. La Mamounia is far better and inside the city walls, Sofitel is just outside.

Why not split your stay? Couple of days at a riad like Villa des Orangers to see the city and then a couple at the Taj or FS to chill out. Villa des O is excellent and all you need if ony visiting for a couple of days.
Thanks for your reply. It's a 2-night weekend break, so a split-stay is off the cards.

I'll have a look at the ones you mentioned; thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Depending on budget check out the Royal Mansour.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:30 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by wripro
Depending on budget check out the Royal Mansour.
or the slightly less costly Amanjena..... FS had some good feedback from some Paris people I know who went down before the Festive period. Its certainly a lot more affordable than Amanjena or Royal Mansour
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mansour >
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Great spa, but really, really arrogant and sometimes rude service and beautiful but awkwardly designed riads. Decidedly not worth the money.
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Emirates Palace, which reminds me of Royal Mansour in 'attitude'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.