Aman Poll and Questions 2010 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman Poll and Questions 2010 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
I've a question regarding Sveti Stefan and the room layouts. I did read Filars and Vuittonsofstyle's comments on rooms in this thread and also the advices given by others about this Aman Resorts in a thread last month. However, does anybody know if there are rooms offering two bedrooms? AFAIK villa Miločer doesn't, but what about the rooms on the island Sveti Stefan? Or is the best solution (also price-wise) to just book two rooms/suites as some of them seem connected?

And BTW, what are the virtuoso amenities at Aman Sveti Stefan? Sorry for asking, but I've only expereince with FHR and FPP...
Different concept of 2-room suites here - they are all separate cottages but some are externally linked, so in the same 'compound', so you could, for instance, take a whole house with 4 bedrooms - all linked but all very private.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Different concept of 2-room suites here - they are all separate cottages but some are externally linked, so in the same 'compound', so you could, for instance, take a whole house with 4 bedrooms - all linked but all very private.
Guess who's back? The Grays!
Henry and Char Gray are the new co-general managers at Aman Sveti Stefan.
A very welcome return in my opinion.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by paul2
Guess who's back? The Grays!
Henry and Char Gray are the new co-general managers at Aman Sveti Stefan.
A very welcome return in my opinion.
You obviously missed this piece of news, Paul. The Grays moved from Aman Delhi quite a while ago to Sveti Stefan. Robyn Bickford and Manav Garewal moved from Amanbagh and took over at Aman Delhi and Tim Weiland has taken over at Amanbagh.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
You obviously missed this piece of news, Paul. The Grays moved from Aman Delhi quite a while ago to Sveti Stefan. Robyn Bickford and Manav Garewal moved from Amanbagh and took over at Aman Delhi and Tim Weiland has taken over at Amanbagh.
Ha! Thanks Vuittons,I'm getting old and forgetful!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so at sveti stefan two of the tree dining venues on mainland are open to public. what about the third - the Beach Cafe?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
so at sveti stefan two of the tree dining venues on mainland are open to public. what about the third - the Beach Cafe?
All the dining venues are open to the public, including the beach café.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you mean the 3 on the mainland? Fliar mentioned staff controlling access to island.

speaking of which, is there a "usual" practice at aman restaurants?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 8, 2011 at 1:14 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
you mean the 3 on the mainland? Fliar mentioned staff controlling access to island.

speaking of which, is there a "usual" practice at aman restaurants?
Outsiders can book any of the Aman restaurants, even on the island and at Villa Milocer, but they cannot just wander in - they have to book - and this seems to work well.

Generally, outsiders can book tables in restaurants at any Aman, but because many of them are in very remote inaccessible places, this rarely happens. However, you will often see outsiders in the restaurant at Amandari and Amanpuri. Government law says you cannot exclude outsiders, but obviously location and knowledge play a bit part in who comes.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:15 pm

On a recent trip in Bali that involved renting a villa we used the restaurants and pool at all three Amanresorts during our stay. It was a nice way to spend the day and they treated us like we were hotel guest, so we did not have to sign anything till the end of the day. We first would get some lounge chairs, swim, sun and drink, then go have lunch, and back to the lounge chairs to swim, sun and drink. I do remember making sure it was fine with the staff and if we where in the way of hotel guest etc. The staff could not do enough for us and we loved having coffee and desert next to the pool.

Last edited by zigzag; Mar 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by zigzag
On a recent trip in Bali that involved renting a villa we used the restaurants and pool at all three Amanresorts during our stay. It was a nice way to spend the day and they treated us like we were hotel guest, so we did not have to sign anything till the end of the day. We first would get some lounge chairs, swim, sun and drink, then go have lunch, and back to the lounge chairs to swim, sun and drink. I do remember making sure it was fine with the staff and if we where in the way of hotel guest etc. The staff could not do enough for us and we loved having coffee and desert next to the pool.
That really surprises me that Aman would let you use the pools at their resorts if you're not staying there. I guess if they are not busy and you are a couple, as opposed to a large family with lots of children, they might not mind too much.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:41 pm

We came well dressed, our own beach bags with bathing suits, and huge appetite's, planning to spend money. They have changing rooms with showers, lots of towels for your use. Amanusa's and Amankila's are very nice and I don't think we saw more then 3 couples around the pool at either of these resorts. To be clear we did not use the three tier pool at Amankila and we did not use the beach club at Amanusa but I am sure you could call ahead and get a table there.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zigzag
We came well dressed, our own beach bags with bathing suits, and huge appetite's, planning to spend money. They have changing rooms with showers, lots of towels for your use. Amanusa's and Amankila's are very nice and I don't think we saw more then 3 couples around the pool at either of these resorts. To be clear we did not use the three tier pool at Amankila and we did not use the beach club at Amanusa but I am sure you could call ahead and get a table there.
We once took a helicopter from FS Jimbaran to Amankila for lunch. We rang ahead to reserve a table and they told us we could use the beach club pool if we wished.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:10 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Outside guests at Aman - within limits

Paying top dollars for an Aman room I would be upset if outside guests would use the resort facilities (pool etc...) when only paying for the relatively (compared to the room rates) cheap food and beverages.

It removes the exclusivity and is unfair.

I was never aware that this practice exists in Bali. Outside diners at Amandari, that's fine, but poorly clad and even more poorly behaving people on the verandha of Amangalla are not. Had to endure a beer drinking couple (4 beers in total) during a two hour dinner there recently.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:37 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Centurion. Amanjunkie. AA & DL Platinum
Originally Posted by behuman
Paying top dollars for an Aman room I would be upset if outside guests would use the resort facilities (pool etc...) when only paying for the relatively (compared to the room rates) cheap food and beverages.

It removes the exclusivity and is unfair.

I was never aware that this practice exists in Bali. Outside diners at Amandari, that's fine, but poorly clad and even more poorly behaving people on the verandha of Amangalla are not. Had to endure a beer drinking couple (4 beers in total) during a two hour dinner there recently.
I totally agree. I do not think that Aman should allow non-hotel guests to use the facilities normally reserved for its hotel guests. I can understand opening the restaurant for non-guests, but that is it. What is the point in staying there if you can get all the amenities for a hamburger and a Coke?

We go to Aman Resorts to have a private feel. This policy makes it like most other lesser resorts.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:07 am

hear hear
and i would even suggest an area solely for room guests esp in the "city " amans" like Beijing and Delhi and for that matter Sveti Stefan and Hangzhou

eg at Aman fayun ....Fayun Place would be ideal for this...likewise, at the Summer Palace Aman where there are just too many "public" areas ..ideally the "cigar room and bar " overlooking the pond ie after the 2 nd main courtyard could be for room guests only....and the restaurants / spa / pool / winecellar ie "aman club" for public.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.