Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IHG acquires Six Senses

almost certainly no more properties towards the ultra high end, and there may have already been an impact when founders sold

likely owners of such properties, especially with residences, paying more attention to brand owner

hyatt lost management (but possibly not franchise?) of a bunch of properties after acquiring two roads
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

virtuoso agents here have noted virtuoso partnership with onefinestay

an update >

skift.com/2019/01/02/hotels-finally-embrace-homesharing-now-what

Approximately one year after buying Onefinestay, AccorHotels then purchased two other rental brands — Travel Keys and Squarebreak — and brought them under the Onefinestay brand name, boosting the total number of global rental listings to more than 10,000.

AccorHotels deputy CEO and CFO Jean-Jacques Morin said of Onefinestay and John Paul: “It is the usual story about how a new business is being integrated in the company and as probably being too greedy and what we try to do with that company and integrating them too fastly, and pushing them into too many geographies and too many directions.’

financial difficulties with Onefinestay and concierge service John Paul — details of the $288 million write off

Onefinestay has struggled to hold onto senior management.
vs luxury hotel brands, these days i would be more optimistic re independent >
Possibly the last real hideaway in the Caribbean

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 16, 2019 at 12:29 pm
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:29 am
Original Member

From Architecture Digest: Jaw-dropping oceanview hotel pools

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...otel-pools/amp
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone hear if this announced six senses was reflagged or suspended ?
initialrealestate.com/projects/igloo
sdg.ch/project/index/3
atop Mont d’Arbois in the Haute-Savoie region of eastern France. The property is only accessible by cable cars from Saint-Gervais-les-Bains and Megčve or by snow crawler or helicopter. The convenient ski-in ski-out location offers direct access to Domaine Evasion Mont Blanc with over 445 kilometres of slopes.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by KatW
From Architecture Digest: Jaw-dropping oceanview hotel pools

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...otel-pools/amp
Nice pictures. I'v stayed at several of these hotels such as Eden Roc and InterContinental Sydney Double Bay. But I've seen plenty of other hotel pools with very similar looks to some of the other ones on the list. Still it gives one inspiration to travel which is what it's all about, eh?
KatW likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Member

Is there a way to search thread titles here?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KatW
Is there a way to search thread titles here?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/search.php?f=220
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:03 pm
Original Member

Great, thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:06 pm

KAKE.com | Wichita, Kansas News, Weather, Sports - Four Seasons Hotels And Resorts And Berjaya To Introduce New Res

FS to open another property in Japan: Four Seasons Resort and Private Residences Okinawa
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:14 pm
Original Member

For our somewhat complicated itinerary flying to and from Anguilla from and to SFO, I booked American Five Star Service for both connections. Plus speed boat from and to St. Martin. CLT outbound with only 1 hour (tarmac transfer likely) and MIA inbound, plenty of time but lines, baggage and immigration/customs. Expensive (extra $900) but worth it for my peace of mind, help keeping track of demented Jim, and reduction of wear and tear on our bodies. I should add, we also go to front of TSA security lines if any and entry to Admirals lounge.

I wanted to book something similar for our flights next week SJC/LAX/ZIH but Alaska does not offer a comparable service. We're ok outbound but inbound I need connection assistance since we'll have to retrieve (and recheck luggage), go through immigration with horrendous lines, customs, transfer to next gate. An internet search fetched up https://www.airportbutler.com/ with service at LAX. $300 to meet us at gate, shepherd us through immigration and manage baggage. No lounge access but our first-class Alaska tix will give us same. LAX is such a godawful airport, so spread out with lengthy walks and less-than-clear signage. And forever under construction.

There are other providers, expecially at LAX. I'll report back here on Airport Butler.

I curse Alaska for doing away with nonstop SFO/ZIH flights.

Last edited by KatW; Feb 21, 2019 at 11:03 pm
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:40 pm

Try Pass.Blacklane.com, should be cheaper.

Note the speed boat ride from Anguilla to St Martin may be quite choppy and unpleasant.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

reminder >

some luxury chain hotel websites oversell because they do not update in real time

i was pretty much shocked by this fact, seems many would be similarly surprised
offerendum likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 2, 2019 at 4:17 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3* Chef Kenji Gyoten

Soneva Fushi:
March 25 - April 1, 2019
April 27 - May 6, 2019
August 13 - 24, 2019
November 10 - 17, 2019
January 31 - February 16, 2020

Soneva Kiri:
August 25 - 31, 2019
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could luxury hotels as we know them, change?
that thread was even better than i remembered. change indeed, especially when many if not most brands have changed owners in recent years. many hotels themselves also sold by original/developing owner. financing remains difficult. some depend on residences, which is good if they can get built, but different vs properties without residences, especially ones with fewer rooms. ongoing luxury development in the most popular places can be tough on business side for the best properties.

also even when hotel owners are not changing, dramatically more luxury reflags vs decade(s) ago.

recent north island reflag is pretty hard to imagine. no past 'surprising' reflags even come close.

to clarify above post re overselling (of rooms) - luxury chain hotel website continues bookings as normal while all in-hotel staff (reservations, front desk, managers) say they cannot take booking because sold out. makes sense that more and more higher level accommodations become not bookable online over time.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 7, 2019 at 2:01 pm
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Rosewood Hong Kong will open on March 17th and has now published an 'opening offer' on this website for those interested. Would be great to read a review of the hotel if anyone does stay in the near future. ^

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/ho..._march8_friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.