Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:49 pm
Original Member

Addendum: Early arrival / Late departure expectations needs must be managed by size of venue. The smaller the venue, the more diffifucult is management's ability to accede to the request.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
No need for apologies. That's a perfectly legitimate point of view, though I disagree that the request is out of bounds. I routinely have such requests accommodated -- most notably when landing in Europe from the US or similar red-eyes into NYC or other locales. If a hotel is unable to accommodate a mid-morning check-in, then I look elsewhere--- no big deal. The hotels are well within their rights to reject such a request and would never question them over such a rejection. The timing of such a rejection though is critical. In this case the agent simply looked over and missed my multiple requests-- that is evidenced by her being ignorant of my flight times when she wrote me this week about what I was going to do about landing and departing late.

Otherwise, I certainly agree I could have prevented this. Following up and asking for documenting every single minute detail seems to be the way of the world.
Early check-in and late checkouts are not unreasonable requests. Most hotels in this forum would be able to accommodate or make some sort of suitable arrangements eg. Spa relaxation room bed, temporary guest room, etc. They're used to guests from all over the world coming and going.

I think you should change agents. It's clear that person really wasn't paying attention to your precise check-in and out times. More on making the sale/booking and that's it.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
It's hard to tell exactly what was communicated. If after making a hotel reservation someone sends me their anticipated and arrival and departure times without any further commentary, then I provide that information to the hotel and request an early check-in / late check-out as needed. I then let the client know the response from the hotel.

For example, a booking this week the client requested 11AM check-in and 1PM check-out. The hotel confirmed the late check-out, but was unable to confirm the check-in until we get closer to the arrival date. I let my client know those details, and I will follow up. That's the general process, although it does vary.

If an early check-in or late check-out is communicated as a condition of making a reservation, that is something entirely different and obviously should be discussed and agreed to prior to booking.

It's absolutely okay to ask for your preferred check-in and check-out times, but as several people have already pointed out it can be challenging for hotels to guarantee them in advance.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:51 am

So what is the outcome ?

I'm surprised that the TA didn't jump on the early check in / late check out request
I'm also surprised that you were not surprised not to have confirmation from your TA (after diner check out at no charge is not like asking for an extra pillow so a reply / confirmation should be expected)

Maybe you can try to contact the hotel directly and ask for your options ? Temporary room ? Maybe you can plan your last afternoon with a 1 pm check out in mind ? Some kind of excursions and shower at the SPA on your way back ?

You may want consider to switch (if possible) to FHR with a 4 pm check out (and 6 pm in some properties for Centurion)

Don't let this relatively minor issue ruin your 10 months expected vacation
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by CGRA
So what is the outcome ?
The TA went on the defensive very quickly even though we werent really on the offensive-- we just wanted to navigate to as close as the original intent as possible. It got to the point where I went ahead and emailed the hotel directly and worked out a 10AM check-in and a 6pm check-out. Upon arrival they put us straight away into an empty spot and moved us when ours became available at noon. They even paid for our breakfast which was above and beyond--- especially considering this problem was not one that they caused in any way. Our butler helped arrange a very smooth departure process as we booked the spa for 6pm-830pm, then drinks, then dinner, then a night cap and finally our long ride for our 130am arrival at the airport. So the hotel came through beautifully and we are grateful to them.
SanDiego1K and bhrubin like this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:14 pm

Park Hyatt to Kuala Lumpur:

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/new-...ark-hyatt-2021

FS Belize:
https://www.hospitalitydesign.com/ne...-plans-belize/
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:03 pm
Original Member

"Luxury" in Space.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
To expand on new announced openings, Ritz-Carlton to open a property in Nikko, Japan:

https://www.ttgmedia.com/luxury/luxu...n-japan--13748
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:52 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
To expand on new announced openings, Ritz-Carlton to open a property in Nikko, Japan:

https://www.ttgmedia.com/luxury/luxu...n-japan--13748
A bit curious as most people don't overnight in Nikko, they do it as a longish day trip from Tokyo.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
A bit curious as most people don't overnight in Nikko, they do it as a longish day trip from Tokyo.
Sounds like Tobu Railways would like to own a RC.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

olivia richli at heckfield place, from below article >

September 1 2018. But this time Gerald Chan says he means business.
Bookings are due to open on May 8

Amangalla in Sri Lanka, in 2004...Eleven days after the first guests arrived, the Boxing Day tsunami hit. Protected by the fort’s walls, the hotel became an official refuge and evacuation centre.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 27, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
olivia richli reportedly at heckfield place, but if theyre saying winter opening, seems likely another push to next year
We all warned her.....
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:43 am

Update on Heckfield Place - https://www.ft.com/content/f87bd618-...e-ea0c2bf34a0b
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:10 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
On the wrong side of the pay wall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.