Added:
MO Bangkok
Rosewood HK
Ett Hem
The Crillon in Paris about every other month this year
Crosby Street Hotel (unfortunately)
Old May 20, 2019, 4:21 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Bhrubin scared us enough about the St Regis DC that we switched last minute to the brand new Conrad- it has a hotel within a hotel on the 10th floor called the Sakura Club- with a very nice lounge (and we are not typically lounge people) serving Taittinger champagne 😊. Excellent service- clean contemporary rooms with (peek) views of Washington Monument and Capitol and there is an enjoyable roof bar.

We also decided on Las Alcobas Napa for December.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by damon88
Bhrubin scared us enough about the St Regis DC that we switched last minute to the brand new Conrad- it has a hotel within a hotel on the 10th floor called the Sakura Club- with a very nice lounge (and we are not typically lounge people) serving Taittinger champagne 😊. Excellent service- clean contemporary rooms with (peek) views of Washington Monument and Capitol and there is an enjoyable roof bar.

We also decided on Las Alcobas Napa for December.
I am going to Los Alcobas next month and will take photos and do a trip report for you and others. So far communication with concierge has been great.
damon88 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
We stayed at Los Alcobas last April.
Highlights: Nice room with high ceilings, pleasent views of the vineyard, free breakfast credit in the restaurant was great, enjoyed being close to St. Helena

However, for the prices I generally see them charging, I would probably not go back. The public areas were not particularly nice and having some of the issues in our room fixed proved impossible
Old May 21, 2019, 2:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
We stayed at Los Alcobas last April.
Highlights: Nice room with high ceilings, pleasent views of the vineyard, free breakfast credit in the restaurant was great, enjoyed being close to St. Helena

However, for the prices I generally see them charging, I would probably not go back. The public areas were not particularly nice and having some of the issues in our room fixed proved impossible
I stayed there two weeks ago and agree with this assessment. We loved having our own fire pit on our balcony. Breakfast was amazing with some very creative dishes. Service was impeccable in the dining room. But oh, the check in experience. Here's the thread in the Marriott forum for more details. Go to the end of the thread for recent posts.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
Old May 21, 2019, 2:26 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We are using points and SNAs at Las Alcobas (which I hope in off season will have a good chance of clearing). So the price is right . I am trying to strategically use my points, SNAs and Ambassador status for some nicer award stays (to try and balance out some of those Aman and Four Seasons stays

Next week we have an award stay at the StR NYC and they have already preupgraded to a Madison Suite. We also have upcoming award stays at Tambo del Inka, Palacio del Inka, Phoenician Residences (with private pool) and St Regis Hong Kong.

I will have Ambassador status until February 2021 so want to make the most of it as a lot of our travel after that will be at other than Marriott.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by damon88
We are using points and SNAs at Las Alcobas (which I hope in off season will have a good chance of clearing). So the price is right . I am trying to strategically use my points, SNAs and Ambassador status for some nicer award stays (to try and balance out some of those Aman and Four Seasons stays

Next week we have an award stay at the StR NYC and they have already preupgraded to a Madison Suite. We also have upcoming award stays at Tambo del Inka, Palacio del Inka, Phoenician Residences (with private pool) and St Regis Hong Kong.

I will have Ambassador status until February 2021 so want to make the most of it as a lot of our travel after that will be at other than Marriott.
Totally get it. I am in the same boat with respect to a lot of my stays through February 2020 when I was able to make award stays at hotels that were Cat 6 but are now cat 8 - which also means I am staying at more Marriotts than normal in order to get the points!
damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by KI-NRT
4S is my personal go-to hotel due to its proximity to her family and friends; your mileage may vary. Also, Wakon Sushi (at the 4S) is our favorite sushi place in all of Kyoto so that's a bonus, too.
Thank You for the Wakon recommendation! Did their Omakase course at lunch and it was fantastic. Probably prefer this over 3 stars Sushi Shikon in HK
KI-NRT likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:58 am

It only took me 13 months to decide. With our wedding at Park Hotel Vitznau not even 2 weeks away, yesterday I finally booked our honeymoon. Having looked through every possibility on earth, it's now become very simple
  • Aman Tokyo
  • Laucala
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Going to see an old friend in Bangkok.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:29 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
It only took me 13 months to decide. With our wedding at Park Hotel Vitznau not even 2 weeks away, yesterday I finally booked our honeymoon. Having looked through every possibility on earth, it's now become very simple
  • Aman Tokyo
  • Laucala
Very nice! Many congratulations.

Just got back from Singapore (7 nights) + Langkawi (4 nights).

Next confirmed trip is Bali for a travel event in November, will likely extend Bali for a couple more days at least + combine with something (Amanwana? Nihiwatu?).

Trying to do something in between that - Maldives? Soneva Kiri? Luang Prabang (rainy season though for all 3...)? I don't know yet.
HKTraveler and MacMyDay like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:40 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Next week and half:

Four Seasons Downtown NY
Villa Kennedy Frankfurt
Alpina Gstaad
Park Hotel Vitznau...I hope no one will be getting married there and ruin my stay
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: CX DM
With our wedding at Park Hotel Vitznau not even 2 weeks away
We just got back from Park Hotel Vitznau yesterday. What a fabulous setting for your big day. Congratulations
bhrubin and MacMyDay like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Next week and half:
Park Hotel Vitznau...I hope no one will be getting married there and ruin my stay
I heard it was a Walking Dead themed wedding and they were going to start eating the guests
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:12 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
I heard it was a Walking Dead themed wedding and they were going to start eating the guests
Thanks for the heads up! Love all the wonderful information in this forum!
I'll give the lawyers a call today and start getting my affairs in order before the flight out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.