December
  • Vik Chile
  • Awasi Patagonia
  • Hotel B
  • Sol y Luna
  • Hotel del Parque
  • Pikaia Lodge
  • Four Seasons Casa Medina
Now undecided where to stay for Christmas, but currently back to thinking we'll do The Connaught again.
lovely. Want to try deplar. My buddy spent a week there last year and loved it.

Fdw
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
this week: Rosewood London

end of December, early January: Waldorf Palm Jumeriah, Leela Palace New Delhi, Leela Palace Udaipur, Oberoi Rajivilas Jaipur

March 2019: St Regis Punta Mita
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
This week at Palace Hotel Tokyo
scented likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Tasmania:
  • Henry Jones Art Hotel, Hobart
  • Saffire Freycinet
  • Macq01, Hobart
  • Agrarian Kitchen enroute to Saffire
FlyerEC, scented, bhrubin and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:02 pm

Dec:
- Lake Placid Lodge

Then its off to a 3 week tour of South America over Xmas and NY! Very excited as this is my first time on the continent. We are staying at the following:

- FS Casa Medina
- Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Cavas Wine Lodge
- Ritz Carlton Santiago
- Explora Atacama
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
- Explora Sacred Valley

Feb:
- Ritz Carlton Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Ritz Carlton Tokyo
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:22 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Fc912
Dec:
- Lake Placid Lodge

Then its off to a 3 week tour of South America over Xmas and NY! Very excited as this is my first time on the continent. We are staying at the following:

- FS Casa Medina
- Cavas Wine Lodge
- Ritz Carlton Santiago
- Explora Atacama
- Explora Sacred Valley

Feb:
- Ritz Carlton Hong Kong
- Ritz Carlton Tokyo
We loved FS Casa Medina--but couldn't stay there since there's no air con. But so beautiful. And we loved Bogota.

Cavas Wine Lodge is one of our all time faves. Amazing property and region. Please tell Martin and Cecilia that Bill & Gregg send their best and are considering a return soon!

The Sanctuary Lodge isn't so pretty, but the food and service were shockingly amazing and the location is sublime. If you can take the Hiram Bingham one way to/from Cusco, it's worth every penny.

You're covering a lot of ground in 3 weeks! Enjoy and do share details when you're back.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
We loved FS Casa Medina--but couldn't stay there since there's no air con. But so beautiful. And we loved Bogota.

Cavas Wine Lodge is one of our all time faves. Amazing property and region. Please tell Martin and Cecilia that Bill & Gregg send their best and are considering a return soon!

The Sanctuary Lodge isn't so pretty, but the food and service were shockingly amazing and the location is sublime. If you can take the Hiram Bingham one way to/from Cusco, it's worth every penny.

You're covering a lot of ground in 3 weeks! Enjoy and do share details when you're back.
Im only in Bogota for 36 hours - and its on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day LOL. Will see how much ground we can cover...have heard it is a great city though!

I chose Cavas in part due to your great review. Will say hi to the owners for you!

Considering the Hiram Bingham - but it looks like theyre only running from halfway as its the rainy season. So the ride is only ~90 mins.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:47 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Im only in Bogota for 36 hours - and its on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day LOL. Will see how much ground we can cover...have heard it is a great city though!

I chose Cavas in part due to your great review. Will say hi to the owners for you!

Considering the Hiram Bingham - but it looks like theyre only running from halfway as its the rainy season. So the ride is only ~90 mins.
Our trips to and from Machu Picchu on the Hiram Bingham started and ended at the Belmind Rio Sagrado since there had been slides. Still worth every penny for us.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
Dec:
- Lake Placid Lodge

- FS Casa Medina
- Cavas Wine Lodge
- Ritz Carlton Santiago
- Explora Atacama
- Explora Sacred Valley

Feb:
- Ritz Carlton Hong Kong
- Ritz Carlton Tokyo

We did Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, Cavas Wine Lodge and Ritz Carlton Santiago - fabulous places!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:39 am

Dec:
- Lake Placid Lodge

- FS Casa Medina
- Cavas Wine Lodge
- Ritz Carlton Santiago
- Explora Atacama
- Explora Sacred Valley

Feb:
- Ritz Carlton Hong Kong
- Ritz Carlton Tokyo
Enjoy FS Casa Medina, RC Santiago, and Belmond Sanctuary Lodge! Theyre all nice properties. Also, if youve never been to RCHK, youre in for a treat.

I have a bunch of trips Im looking forward to in the next two months, including 4 new Amans:

Dec:

RC Naples Golf Resort (new)
RC Htel De La Paix (Business)
RC Millenia Singapore (Business)
RC Hong Kong (Business) - I thought about trying Upper House but Ill save it for a later trip as Ill only be in HK one night.
Amangani (new)

Jan:

Park Hyatt Zurich
Aman Le Mzlin (new)
Shangri-La Colombo (new)
Ceylon Tea Trails (new)
Amangalla (new)
Amanwella (new)
FS Seattle (new- Business)

Last edited by MicSanToro; Nov 28, 2018 at 9:08 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by MicSanToro

Enjoy FS Casa Medina, RC Santiago, and Belmond Sanctuary Lodge! Theyre all nice properties. Also, if youve never been to RCHK, youre in for a treat.

I have a bunch of trips Im looking forward to in the next two months, including 4 new Amans:

Dec:

RC Naples Golf Resort (new)
RC Htel De La Paix (Business)
RC Millenia Singapore (Business)
RC Hong Kong (Business) - I thought about trying Upper House but Ill save it for a later trip as Ill only be in HK one night.
Amangani (new)

Jan:

Park Hyatt Zurich
Aman Le Mzlin (new)
Shangri-La Colombo (new)
Ceylon Tea Trails (new)
Amangalla (new)
Amanwella (new)
FS Seattle (new- Business)
Tea Trails will be amazing! Which bungalow are you staying at? I was in Castlereagh about 6 years ago and that trip remains one of my best holidays ever. I also stayed at both Amans on that trip - very enjoyable hotels but the Tea Trails was significantly better.
bhrubin and MicSanToro like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Our trips to and from Machu Picchu on the Hiram Bingham started and ended at the Belmind Rio Sagrado since there had been slides. Still worth every penny for us.
Convincing. We will definitely consider.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:41 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Convincing. We will definitely consider.
Most only take the Hiram Bingham train one way, either to or from MP. We did it both ways and are thrilled we did, but its obviously much more expensive than other options. The experience was fabulous, the food was great, and the scenery on the trip up to MP was grand. The dinner on the way back was better, and the HB train is the last to depart MP thereby allowing more time that day at MP. So pick your poison.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:50 am

Tea Trails will be amazing! Which bungalow are you staying at? I was in Castlereagh about 6 years ago and that trip remains one of my best holidays ever. I also stayed at both Amans on that trip - very enjoyable hotels but the Tea Trails was significantly better.
2 nights at Summerville and 2 nights at Tientsin. It gives us time right by the lake as well as time much higher up, giving panoramic views.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:58 am

We leave tomorrow for a week’s stay at Delphi Club, Abaco. Husband will get some bonefish, I will read, relax and observe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.