Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
FS Jumeirah Beach and an air conditioner test for HRH @bhrubin.
HRH. I like the sound of that. Only question is it His or Her?

"Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they're dealing with." unknown
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:56 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Lambi
September - San Francisco - Ritz Carlton
December - New York - Undecided (asking for recommendations in another thread)
Late February - Shanghai - The Peninsula
Early March - Bangkok - Undecided (looking at MO, Pen, Okura Prestige, Kempinski - Hard product and location is much more interesting than soft product in a city I know well enough)
April - Dubai - Leaning towards FS Jumeirah Beach, Armani or Bulgari. Would love recommendations, a good beach and location is very important. Started looking at O&O The Palm, but I read that food and drinks at the pool area was forbidden so that's off the list.
If you don't mind me sharing a few thoughts:

Stayed at Ritz Carlton and St. Regis San Francisco. Not even close. St. Regis is better in every way. Hard and soft products and definitely location. Butler service for suites guests is fantastic!
New York - lots of options but I do like The Baccarat for Mid-town (poor views and breakfast menu is limited, but I think it's one of the top hard products in NY). Downtown area, I like the new Four Seasons a lot and often, very good value.
Bangkok - I'd favor MO and while The Siam is a bit out of the way, love the product there and the GM & teams are simply wonderful. They are really service and guest centric.
Dubai - FS Jumeirah Beach is always a favorite in Dubai if beach is a must have. Otherwise, the new Bulgari seems very promising. Just had clients complete a 3rd stay and still raved about it but it's not on a beach. On a Marina.

Looks like a fun trip, enjoy!!!
bhrubin and Lambi like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Lambi
September - San Francisco - Ritz Carlton
December - New York - Undecided (asking for recommendations in another thread)
Late February - Shanghai - The Peninsula
Early March - Bangkok - Undecided (looking at MO, Pen, Okura Prestige, Kempinski - Hard product and location is much more interesting than soft product in a city I know well enough)
April - Dubai - Leaning towards FS Jumeirah Beach, Armani or Bulgari. Would love recommendations, a good beach and location is very important. Started looking at O&O The Palm, but I read that food and drinks at the pool area was forbidden so that's off the list.
New York- I would recommend the ever fabulous St. Regis or Chatwal and booking through SPG Luxury Privileges before it goes away. PH has nice, new hardware and nothing else.

Bangkok - Too bad you're not there later in the year for Rosewood Bangkok but Besvisor's recommendations are on the money.

Dubai- going there to FS Jumeirah Beach next week. I wanted a beach and Bulgari doesn't have that. Bulgari were also slow to answer my TA's enquiries.
bhrubin, BESVISOR and Lambi like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:26 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Agree with @Aventine on PH NYC...The breakfast is also pretty solid, if I recall correctly. Fan of the Lobster Scrambled Eggs
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
FS Jumeirah Beach and an air conditioner test for HRH @bhrubin.
im certain it will pass. Enjoy the stay
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Agree with @Aventine on PH NYC...The breakfast is also pretty solid, if I recall correctly. Fan of the Lobster Scrambled Eggs
I loved those and the sweet dessert breakfast items. I know some people say not to eat breakfast in the hotels in NYC but I need fuel (read: coffee and protein) to start the day right off the bat.

I know I harped on this before in the NYC hotel thread but PH should not be nickel and diming its Globalist members for overages. YMMV, but this happened to us twice on two different stays. Maybe Prive or Virtuoso booking breakfasts are different?

I think PH does make an excellent points redemption, especially, during Fall, NY Fashion week, Christmas and other peak times. A very, very nice points crashpad.
reigndrop and BESVISOR like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:56 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by reigndrop

im certain it will pass. Enjoy the stay
I can tell you it was freezing during our stay...the in room AC is VERY good and capable!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can tell you it was freezing during our stay...the in room AC is VERY good and capable!
Only the King of Aircon @bhrubin can make that determination! We're not worthy

On another note, the FS concierge is being very slow to respond to some inquiries.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:41 am
formerly htang333

On another note, the FS concierge is being very slow to respond to some inquiries.
You're right!!! I need to get back in my lane

That's odd, they are usually very prompt. Hope it's just an one off and they reply to you ASAP.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

have your tried using the in app chat? I've found that to be very responsive in recent trips there
United747 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reigndrop

have your tried using the in app chat? I've found that to be very responsive in recent trips there
Do you mean the hotel iPad? We haven't checked in yet but thank you for the tip!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat
If you don't mind me sharing a few thoughts:

Stayed at Ritz Carlton and St. Regis San Francisco. Not even close. St. Regis is better in every way. Hard and soft products and definitely location. Butler service for suites guests is fantastic!
New York - lots of options but I do like The Baccarat for Mid-town (poor views and breakfast menu is limited, but I think it's one of the top hard products in NY). Downtown area, I like the new Four Seasons a lot and often, very good value.
Bangkok - I'd favor MO and while The Siam is a bit out of the way, love the product there and the GM & teams are simply wonderful. They are really service and guest centric.
Dubai - FS Jumeirah Beach is always a favorite in Dubai if beach is a must have. Otherwise, the new Bulgari seems very promising. Just had clients complete a 3rd stay and still raved about it but it's not on a beach. On a Marina.

Looks like a fun trip, enjoy!!!
Yeah I'm going to SF for a meeting with work, StR didn't even reply to my RFI - I did a quick benchmark and RC was the most reasonable out of the top picks, although all of the hotels were nickel and diming us hard (29 bucks for a bottle of Evian and such...). So I'm prolonging the stay with some vacation time and got a good deal.

NYC I found out that travelling around Christmas give insane prices and I just can't stand paying 5x the rate for a worse hotel than the asian equivalent, so I'll probably go highend 4-star or lowend 5-star and stay away from the hotel as much as possible.

Bangkok - Going with your recommendation! MO it is!

Dubai - Still undecided, but FS Jumeirah is very very tempting.

New York- I would recommend the ever fabulous St. Regis or Chatwal and booking through SPG Luxury Privileges before it goes away. PH has nice, new hardware and nothing else.

Bangkok - Too bad you're not there later in the year for Rosewood Bangkok but Besvisor's recommendations are on the money.

Dubai- going there to FS Jumeirah Beach next week. I wanted a beach and Bulgari doesn't have that. Bulgari were also slow to answer my TA's enquiries.
Any drawbacks with FS JB I should know of? The small ridiculous things like O&O the Palm and the no drinks/food at the pool area puts me off completely. The marina seems to be an awesome area, I'll look into it deeper.

Thanks for allt he advice, you guys are awesome!
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Do you mean the hotel iPad? We haven't checked in yet but thank you for the tip!
If you download the Four Seasons app on your own device, there’s a way to contact the hotel pre, during, and post stay using their chat feature.

I use use it a lot, love it.
Aventine and BESVISOR like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747

If you download the Four Seasons app on your own device, there’s a way to contact the hotel pre, during, and post stay using their chat feature.

I use use it a lot, love it.
Just downloaded it. Seems quite neat and convenient.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:50 pm

I’ve used the app a few times when staying at Four Seasons Surfside and it’s very helpful. I’ve requested my car from the valet, requested they bring up parcels I’ve had delivered and ordered extra items from housekeeping. All fulfilled within just a few minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.