Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Would be curious to know your feedback on FS Miami (assuming the Surfside Club)...Sent few clients there in '17, all loved it!
Trying to suggest it to a few more clients but the rates in '18 seemed to have shot up drastically...now, I'm not sure it justifies the $.
We have stayed at FS Surfside a couple of times now - the most recently just before New Years and I’m really impressed with the property. The hard product is literally stunning and the service has always been excellent and very friendly. The first time we stayed was just after Irma and it seems rates have gone up significantly. I still think it justifies the price tag as the hard product is the best in Miami. I’ve not been in the bar during either stay (I’m on a health kick at the moment and cut out all alcohol) but it’s a beautiful space. The food in Le Sirenuse is unbelievably good - especially breakfast! We first stayed in an Ocean View room and then the second time stayed in a Premier Ocean View room with wrap around balcony. The second room was definitely my favourite. Wholeheartedly recommend this place.
vuittonsofstyle and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:06 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by jonjparr

We have stayed at FS Surfside a couple of times now - the most recently just before New Years and I’m really impressed with the property. The hard product is literally stunning and the service has always been excellent and very friendly. The first time we stayed was just after Irma and it seems rates have gone up significantly. I still think it justifies the price tag as the hard product is the best in Miami. I’ve not been in the bar during either stay (I’m on a health kick at the moment and cut out all alcohol) but it’s a beautiful space. The food in Le Sirenuse is unbelievably good - especially breakfast! We first stayed in an Ocean View room and then the second time stayed in a Premier Ocean View room with wrap around balcony. The second room was definitely my favourite. Wholeheartedly recommend this place.
Thanks so much for your insight! This gives me a bit more confidence/assurance...hopefully, they will have a free night promotion here or there. Cheers!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:07 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by PHLGrump
Dublin for a long weekend!
Going to drive over to Ballyfin?!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:44 pm
E_F

Programs: Delta, SPG/Marriott
Checking out the Chatwal in NYC for a staycation next month.

Dubai in early March; hoping to day-trip to Abu Dhabi, too.

Parrot Cay, T&C in April!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by E_F
Checking out the Chatwal in NYC for a staycation next month.

Dubai in early March; hoping to day-trip to Abu Dhabi, too.

Parrot Cay, T&C in April!
Where are you planning to stay in Dubai? When in Abu Dhabi I highly recommend checking out the Rosewood and the Four Seasons. They’re both in the Al Maryah island area next to the super high end Galleria Mall. In Dubai we tend to stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Malakiya villas or the Burj Al Arab (which is vastly improved since they added the pool deck).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:22 am
E_F

Programs: Delta, SPG/Marriott

Where are you planning to stay in Dubai? When in Abu Dhabi I highly recommend checking out the Rosewood and the Four Seasons. They’re both in the Al Maryah island area next to the super high end Galleria Mall. In Dubai we tend to stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Malakiya villas or the Burj Al Arab (which is vastly improved since they added the pool deck).
I have a chunk of nights booked at the conference venue (Westin, Al Habtoor City -- the trip is, alas, primarily for business) in Dubai, but have some additional free nights to spend in either place. Dal Ar Masyaf looks beautiful -- I'd love to check out the Four Seasons as well.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Malakiya villas
good service? anything of note?

interesting, just noticed this >
Drones
Kindly note that Madinat Jumeirah has been identified as a no fly zone by Dubai Civil Aviation. Therefore, drones are prohibited by law around the premises and may be confiscated by authorities if seen in use, unless the required Dubai Civil Aviation permits are obtained.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 25, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by E_F
I have a chunk of nights booked at the conference venue (Westin, Al Habtoor City -- the trip is, alas, primarily for business) in Dubai, but have some additional free nights to spend in either place. Dal Ar Masyaf looks beautiful -- I'd love to check out the Four Seasons as well.
hope you are spg platinum - every time I go to the gym (I’m a member of the westin al habtoor gym) the check in queue is awful.

i like the pool deck and the gym but not stayed there yet - let us know what the rooms are like!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Peninsula Chicago
Hilton PEK Airport
Westin Xi'an
The Pottinger, Hong Kong
The Peninsula, Manila
Nigi Nigi Nu, Boracay Island
The Peninsula Manila (again)
TBD airport hotel PEK
Hyatt Regency DFW Airport
HOME NYC
Sirius Hotel, Pristina
Some run down dump, Bologna
Le Meridien, Malta
TBD, Barcelona
Art Hotel, Andorra La Vella
Grand Hotel De L'Opera, Toulouse
HOME PARIS

Last edited by GetSetJetSet; Feb 28, 2018 at 6:45 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:26 pm

Feb - FS New York Downtown
Mar - FS Miami for the Miami Open
July - August - French road trip - staying at a bunch of properties including: Domaine Les Crayeres, Bastide de Marie, and FS Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:10 am

Onto the last legs of our African tour now, as we head to Cape Town tomorrow.

I know a few people were interested in Mombo after they rebuilt it from scratch and it reopened in January, so here are some pictures of the rooms/facilities. After our first safari being in Singita Lebombo, coming to a Wilderness Premier lodge really felt a long way from that capability of luxury. All I'd heard about Wilderness was proven true: the best viewings, but not on par with Singita in terms of being a luxury product. Abu is badly dated in places, as I'll write about when I get around to it, but the viewings and experiences were incredible. Yet Mombo changed all of that, and it felt like they realised it along the way and had to fight back to offer a truly competitive product. It is so well thought through and ambitious that even I was struggling to find many faults with it, although I did of course manage.

For a list of the other lodges, you can see my Flickr for Abu, Vembura Plains South and Kings Pool.
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:12 pm

I don't know right now.

I changed all my flights around to get a guaranteed upgrade at Anantara Kihavah in May but the GM is now not responding to my travel agent or I emails. I posted a nasty review on tripadvisor so we shall see what happens.

So I have a bunch of time off in May / June now.

Right now,

I am thinking amankila/amanjiwo combination, possibly NIyama, or maybe even the Seychelles (i have 3 night voucher at Zil Payson).

Any other suggestions? I will be landing in CMB on a paid business ticket, leaving out of CAI. The Anantara Peace Haven private pool villas look good. I just need to start this trip on a beach resort with a private pool.

Last edited by surftb15; Feb 17, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by surftb15
I don't know right now.

I changed all my flights around to get a guaranteed upgrade at Anantara Kihavah in May but the GM is now not responding to my travel agent or I emails. I posted a nasty review on tripadvisor so we shall see what happens.

So I have a bunch of time off in May / June now.

Right now,

I am thinking amankila/amanjiwo combination, possibly NIyama, or maybe even the Seychelles (i have 3 night voucher at Zil Payson).

Any other suggestions? I will be landing in CMB on a paid business ticket, leaving out of CAI. The Anantara Peace Haven private pool villas look good. I just need to start this trip on a beach resort with a private pool.
Review without stay? Not the way I would handle it....
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum

Review without stay? Not the way I would handle it....
Well, he's not responding. I tried to handle it in another way and that didn't work. Clearly, bridge was blown somehow.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

surftb15, really odd. they could have easily just not honored, especially depending on who offered. they ask you to keep changing dates (flights), you spend $3K to do so, now no response. minor owns the property.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 18, 2018 at 10:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.