Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:24 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
@MacMyDay - private island for you to try? https://www.vatuvara.com/
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
@MacMyDay - private island for you to try? https://www.vatuvara.com/
With these types of bargains, I would be a fool not to go.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:10 am

Macmyday's itinerary is impressive . . . but he's a travel agent now and that might have quite an impact on his circumstances. I'm glad to see he has become a safari addict as previously I thought he was only interested in candy and blackout blinds. There is a world outside a hotel room and in Africa he seems to have found it, though I would counsel him to be more tolerant of camps' desire to bring guests together. You commune with nature, commune with animals and commune with humans also.

I'd also advise him to have a look at Tahiti itself. It really is a stunningly beautiful place and Papeete has a great vibe, I think. Dinner at one of the roulottes down by the harbour in Papeete, with Moorea in the background, is a great experience. The IC is about as authentic as Disneyland.

Anyway, looking forward to your views on the Brando as well as those Botswana camps. Friends of ours went to Kings Pool and thought it had the best wildlife viewing of anywhere they've been. They went in the dry season, September I believe.

Last edited by Pausanias; Nov 30, 2017 at 4:16 am
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:08 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
If you build it, MacMyDay will come!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:26 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Macmyday's itinerary is impressive . . . but he's a travel agent now and that might have quite an impact on his circumstances. I'm glad to see he has become a safari addict as previously I thought he was only interested in candy and blackout blinds. There is a world outside a hotel room and in Africa he seems to have found it, though I would counsel him to be more tolerant of camps' desire to bring guests together. You commune with nature, commune with animals and commune with humans also.

I'd also advise him to have a look at Tahiti itself. It really is a stunningly beautiful place and Papeete has a great vibe, I think. Dinner at one of the roulottes down by the harbour in Papeete, with Moorea in the background, is a great experience. The IC is about as authentic as Disneyland.

Anyway, looking forward to your views on the Brando as well as those Botswana camps. Friends of ours went to Kings Pool and thought it had the best wildlife viewing of anywhere they've been. They went in the dry season, September I believe.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's on the airbnb wagon, though I still haven't booked just a room to share the house the host. But thank you for the advice! Any particular Airbnb's or hosts that you'd recommend?

I have found, though, that airbnb's tend to have the most luxurious options in most cases more so than hotels.

I should add that we're heading to NY to stay at the Langham, and unfortunately, our budget did not allow us to stay in some of the nicer Airbnb's I saw (https://www.villasofdistinction.com/...ury-townhouse/) and I'm not really sure Langham even belongs in the luxury travel forum.

Last edited by DSI; Nov 30, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

January PHNYC for a family trip
February Amansara/Amanoi
March PHDC family again

FDW
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:56 pm

Next...

Los Angeles, Grand Canyon then to Las Vegas
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Los Angeles, Grand Canyon then to Las Vegas
Erh , not just destinations , this is the luxury hotels forum !
So which ones are you at please ??
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:06 am

Just decided on a quick, 4 night jaunt to the FS in Seoul.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Just decided on a quick, 4 night jaunt to the FS in Seoul.
The service is middling and shallow but still the finest hardware in Seoul.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
The service is middling and shallow but still the finest hardware in Seoul.
Yes, I’ve read your thread/reviews. They’ve a 3rd night free offer, and I’ve combined that with the Prestige 4th night free, to get a “4 for 2” deal.

Sure, I’m giving up FSPP/FHR/Virtuoso benefits, but based on your (and other) comments on the F&B, I’m not too bothered. Plus, we’re both such foodies that we always base our stays on various meals, and rarely are those in the hotel.

The rooms like great, and we really just want some R&R time, so I think it should do the trick nicely.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Yes, I’ve read your thread/reviews. They’ve a 3rd night free offer, and I’ve combined that with the Prestige 4th night free, to get a “4 for 2” deal.

Sure, I’m giving up FSPP/FHR/Virtuoso benefits, but based on your (and other) comments on the F&B, I’m not too bothered. Plus, we’re both such foodies that we always base our stays on various meals, and rarely are those in the hotel.

The rooms like great, and we really just want some R&R time, so I think it should do the trick nicely.
An agent couldn't get you that offer with FSPP benefits? I'd rather be higher on the guest food chain WITH that fantastic offer than just straight off the website. You definitely can eat well outside of the hotel. Pure Korean food in Jongno3ga and even some places near the hotel in Gwanghwamun. Most of the Michelin star places are south of the river though. Enjoy.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:26 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
An agent couldn't get you that offer with FSPP benefits? I'd rather be higher on the guest food chain WITH that fantastic offer than just straight off the website. You definitely can eat well outside of the hotel. Pure Korean food in Jongno3ga and even some places near the hotel in Gwanghwamun. Most of the Michelin star places are south of the river though. Enjoy.
i haven’t met an agent who can match the Citi Prestige 4th night free offer. If you know of one please let me know ASAP.

Fdw
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Erh , not just destinations , this is the luxury hotels forum !
So which ones are you at please ??
Ah..mybad...Well we haven't really gotten that far yet. Looking at Bellagio and Beverly Hills Hotel. That's luxury for us...
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
i haven’t met an agent who can match the Citi Prestige 4th night free offer. If you know of one please let me know ASAP.

Fdw
Agreed. An agent could’ve gotten me the 3rd Night Free + FSPP benefits, but I *highly* doubt one could’ve gotten me those plus a 4th night free.

In those instances, it’s silly not to take an extra $700 in hand versus a Spa or F&B credit and possible upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.