Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Where are you going next?

Where are you going next?

Reply

Old Aug 23, 18, 2:18 pm
  #3496  
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southern California, USA
Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 7,034
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
FS Jumeirah Beach and an air conditioner test for HRH @bhrubin.
HRH. I like the sound of that. Only question is it His or Her?

"Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they're dealing with." unknown
bhrubin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 18, 2:56 pm
  #3497  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by Lambi View Post
September - San Francisco - Ritz Carlton
December - New York - Undecided (asking for recommendations in another thread)
Late February - Shanghai - The Peninsula
Early March - Bangkok - Undecided (looking at MO, Pen, Okura Prestige, Kempinski - Hard product and location is much more interesting than soft product in a city I know well enough)
April - Dubai - Leaning towards FS Jumeirah Beach, Armani or Bulgari. Would love recommendations, a good beach and location is very important. Started looking at O&O The Palm, but I read that food and drinks at the pool area was forbidden so that's off the list.
If you don't mind me sharing a few thoughts:

Stayed at Ritz Carlton and St. Regis San Francisco. Not even close. St. Regis is better in every way. Hard and soft products and definitely location. Butler service for suites guests is fantastic!
New York - lots of options but I do like The Baccarat for Mid-town (poor views and breakfast menu is limited, but I think it's one of the top hard products in NY). Downtown area, I like the new Four Seasons a lot and often, very good value.
Bangkok - I'd favor MO and while The Siam is a bit out of the way, love the product there and the GM & teams are simply wonderful. They are really service and guest centric.
Dubai - FS Jumeirah Beach is always a favorite in Dubai if beach is a must have. Otherwise, the new Bulgari seems very promising. Just had clients complete a 3rd stay and still raved about it but it's not on a beach. On a Marina.

Looks like a fun trip, enjoy!!!
bhrubin and Lambi like this.
BESVISOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 18, 11:00 pm
  #3498  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,804
Originally Posted by Lambi View Post
September - San Francisco - Ritz Carlton
December - New York - Undecided (asking for recommendations in another thread)
Late February - Shanghai - The Peninsula
Early March - Bangkok - Undecided (looking at MO, Pen, Okura Prestige, Kempinski - Hard product and location is much more interesting than soft product in a city I know well enough)
April - Dubai - Leaning towards FS Jumeirah Beach, Armani or Bulgari. Would love recommendations, a good beach and location is very important. Started looking at O&O The Palm, but I read that food and drinks at the pool area was forbidden so that's off the list.
New York- I would recommend the ever fabulous St. Regis or Chatwal and booking through SPG Luxury Privileges before it goes away. PH has nice, new hardware and nothing else.

Bangkok - Too bad you're not there later in the year for Rosewood Bangkok but Besvisor's recommendations are on the money.

Dubai- going there to FS Jumeirah Beach next week. I wanted a beach and Bulgari doesn't have that. Bulgari were also slow to answer my TA's enquiries.
bhrubin, BESVISOR and Lambi like this.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 7:26 am
  #3499  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 863
Agree with @Aventine on PH NYC...The breakfast is also pretty solid, if I recall correctly. Fan of the Lobster Scrambled Eggs
BESVISOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 9:28 am
  #3500  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Programs: EK Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
FS Jumeirah Beach and an air conditioner test for HRH @bhrubin.
im certain it will pass. Enjoy the stay
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
reigndrop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 9:39 am
  #3501  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,804
Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
Agree with @Aventine on PH NYC...The breakfast is also pretty solid, if I recall correctly. Fan of the Lobster Scrambled Eggs
I loved those and the sweet dessert breakfast items. I know some people say not to eat breakfast in the hotels in NYC but I need fuel (read: coffee and protein) to start the day right off the bat.

I know I harped on this before in the NYC hotel thread but PH should not be nickel and diming its Globalist members for overages. YMMV, but this happened to us twice on two different stays. Maybe Prive or Virtuoso booking breakfasts are different?

I think PH does make an excellent points redemption, especially, during Fall, NY Fashion week, Christmas and other peak times. A very, very nice points crashpad.
reigndrop and BESVISOR like this.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 9:56 am
  #3502  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by reigndrop View Post


im certain it will pass. Enjoy the stay
I can tell you it was freezing during our stay...the in room AC is VERY good and capable!
bhrubin likes this.
BESVISOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 10:25 am
  #3503  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,804
Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
I can tell you it was freezing during our stay...the in room AC is VERY good and capable!
Only the King of Aircon @bhrubin can make that determination! We're not worthy

On another note, the FS concierge is being very slow to respond to some inquiries.
bhrubin likes this.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 10:41 am
  #3504  
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wi-Fi
Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Only the King of Aircon @bhrubin can make that determination! We're not worthy

On another note, the FS concierge is being very slow to respond to some inquiries.
You're right!!! I need to get back in my lane

That's odd, they are usually very prompt. Hope it's just an one off and they reply to you ASAP.
BESVISOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:27 pm
  #3505  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Programs: EK Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Only the King of Aircon @bhrubin can make that determination! We're not worthy

On another note, the FS concierge is being very slow to respond to some inquiries.
have your tried using the in app chat? I've found that to be very responsive in recent trips there
United747 likes this.
reigndrop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 12:49 pm
  #3506  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,804
Originally Posted by reigndrop View Post


have your tried using the in app chat? I've found that to be very responsive in recent trips there
Do you mean the hotel iPad? We haven't checked in yet but thank you for the tip!
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 6:18 pm
  #3507  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Programs: HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
If you don't mind me sharing a few thoughts:

Stayed at Ritz Carlton and St. Regis San Francisco. Not even close. St. Regis is better in every way. Hard and soft products and definitely location. Butler service for suites guests is fantastic!
New York - lots of options but I do like The Baccarat for Mid-town (poor views and breakfast menu is limited, but I think it's one of the top hard products in NY). Downtown area, I like the new Four Seasons a lot and often, very good value.
Bangkok - I'd favor MO and while The Siam is a bit out of the way, love the product there and the GM & teams are simply wonderful. They are really service and guest centric.
Dubai - FS Jumeirah Beach is always a favorite in Dubai if beach is a must have. Otherwise, the new Bulgari seems very promising. Just had clients complete a 3rd stay and still raved about it but it's not on a beach. On a Marina.

Looks like a fun trip, enjoy!!!
Yeah I'm going to SF for a meeting with work, StR didn't even reply to my RFI - I did a quick benchmark and RC was the most reasonable out of the top picks, although all of the hotels were nickel and diming us hard (29 bucks for a bottle of Evian and such...). So I'm prolonging the stay with some vacation time and got a good deal.

NYC I found out that travelling around Christmas give insane prices and I just can't stand paying 5x the rate for a worse hotel than the asian equivalent, so I'll probably go highend 4-star or lowend 5-star and stay away from the hotel as much as possible.

Bangkok - Going with your recommendation! MO it is!

Dubai - Still undecided, but FS Jumeirah is very very tempting.

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
New York- I would recommend the ever fabulous St. Regis or Chatwal and booking through SPG Luxury Privileges before it goes away. PH has nice, new hardware and nothing else.

Bangkok - Too bad you're not there later in the year for Rosewood Bangkok but Besvisor's recommendations are on the money.

Dubai- going there to FS Jumeirah Beach next week. I wanted a beach and Bulgari doesn't have that. Bulgari were also slow to answer my TA's enquiries.
Any drawbacks with FS JB I should know of? The small ridiculous things like O&O the Palm and the no drinks/food at the pool area puts me off completely. The marina seems to be an awesome area, I'll look into it deeper.

Thanks for allt he advice, you guys are awesome!
BESVISOR likes this.
Lambi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 6:24 pm
  #3508  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD and SDF
Programs: SQ Silver, IHG Plat Amb, MR Gold, SL Jade
Posts: 3,292
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Do you mean the hotel iPad? We haven't checked in yet but thank you for the tip!
If you download the Four Seasons app on your own device, thereís a way to contact the hotel pre, during, and post stay using their chat feature.

I use use it a lot, love it.
Aventine and BESVISOR like this.
United747 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 18, 11:24 pm
  #3509  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,804
Originally Posted by United747 View Post

If you download the Four Seasons app on your own device, thereís a way to contact the hotel pre, during, and post stay using their chat feature.

I use use it a lot, love it.
Just downloaded it. Seems quite neat and convenient.
reigndrop and BESVISOR like this.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 18, 12:50 am
  #3510  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Programs: Etihad Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG LT Platinum, Hertz PC
Posts: 919
Iíve used the app a few times when staying at Four Seasons Surfside and itís very helpful. Iíve requested my car from the valet, requested they bring up parcels Iíve had delivered and ordered extra items from housekeeping. All fulfilled within just a few minutes.
reigndrop and BESVISOR like this.
jonjparr is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: