Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 7:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Kosovo, Bologna/San Marino, Malta, Barcelona, Andorra la Vela, Toulouse, Paris...only one in there that would be considered luxury is the Hotel Arts in Barcelona.
Will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Hotel Arts in Barcelona, actually. It’s a RC partner hotel, but it is nice to have a more “Luxury Forum” view on such hotels to get a better and more authentic luxury perspective.

I only hear how overpriced the MO Barcelona is, so I have a feeling the Hotel Arts may be a realistic option.

Old May 27, 2018, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Hotel Arts in Barcelona, actually. It’s a RC partner hotel, but it is nice to have a more “Luxury Forum” view on such hotels to get a better and more authentic luxury perspective.

I only hear how overpriced the MO Barcelona is, so I have a feeling the Hotel Arts may be a realistic option.

I stayed there years ago, maybe 2003 and loved it. I will report back on how it is these days.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I stayed there years ago, maybe 2003 and loved it. I will report back on how it is these days.
Thanks. The new Edition opens up in a few months, I think. So it’s a contender, too.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
What a great list MacMyDay. Especially keen to hear your views on Il Sereno as it's been on my list for ages (as well as their St Barths property) and haven't seen any reports. Also Villa Feltrinelli is my absolute favourite, so I hope it is equally magical for you too.
You good people were right to praise Villa Feltrinelli, although I was a little let down, but just in minor ways - everything being an 8 or 9 out of 10, except the setting, exclusivity and privacy which are clear 10s. However, Il Sereno will not be getting the thumbs up. The service has been a real let down and it feels like an incredibly amateurish operation taking place here. I very much like the hard product, but the soft needs some serious work to be charging what they are. Sadly the reviews of poor service last year are still reflected this year. More to come....

Next up: Four Seasons Florence, and then I've managed to sneak in Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco before we go to Hotel Eden, Rome.
Londonjetsetter and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by MacMyDay; May 29, 2018 at 1:13 am
Old May 29, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry to hear about Il Sereno I really wanted it to be good.

NB I saw you are going to Iniala in Malta. I am in Malta every month with work at the moment and I passed the Iniala site yesterday. It has a great location but looks nowhere near finished. Do you know if they will have a pool? The Phoenicia has a beautiful pool area but is otherwise disappointing so we mostly now stay in rented apartments. Valletta itself is spectacular with an unbelievable climate and new restaurants opening all the time.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
You good people were right to praise Villa Feltrinelli, although I was a little let down, but just in minor ways - everything being an 8 or 9 out of 10, except the setting, exclusivity and privacy which are clear 10s. However, Il Sereno will not be getting the thumbs up. The service has been a real let down and it feels like an incredibly amateurish operation taking place here. I very much like the hard product, but the soft needs some serious work to be charging what they are. Sadly the reviews of poor service last year are still reflected this year. More to come....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132880...57695670520351

Next up: Four Seasons Florence, and then I've managed to sneak in Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco before we go to Hotel Eden, Rome.
Il Sereno is a little like Casta Diva, which has easily the worst food and service on the planet. I hear that MO may be taking Casta Diva over, which would be good. Apparently, it was a battle between them and Four Seasons.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:22 am
Suspended

I auppose Florence is my best chance to ever get you to stoop so low as to bother to check out a St Regis anywhere in the world.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:25 am

There are some places - and Lake Como is probably one of them - when the location, the grounds and the view are far more important than a waiter or a barman or a manager fulfilling your every microscopic wish. I can wait 20 minutes for a bellini to arrive as I absorb the view or listen to the Lambos and Maseratis arrive in the car park. And as far as the view is concerned, I think the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and also the Villa Serbelloni has them all trumped, although the Villa D'Este has by far the finest gardens.

Last edited by Pausanias; May 29, 2018 at 9:31 am
Old May 29, 2018, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Going for a long holiday end of this month to "recharge"

Zurich - Atlantis
Lausanne - Beau-Rivage Palace
Geneva - Four Seasons
Milan - Excelsior
Edinburgh - Indigo
London - Covent Garden and Lanesborough
Please do share your thoughts on the Excelsior Gallia Milan (we were there not long after opening and still loved it) and Atlantis Giardino Zurich (will be there in Oct). Enjoy!

We will be at back at the StR San Francisco July 1-4 in case anyone else might be nearby...
Old May 31, 2018, 9:07 am

Busy summer coming up

Greenwich Hotel
The New York Edition
Baccarat Hotel New York
JK Place Roma
Palazzo Avino
Palazzo Manfredi

Maybe RC Kyoto?

Special shout out to chinmoylad for helping with my Italy reservations!
SilverSpoon likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:20 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by HKTraveler
Busy summer coming up

Greenwich Hotel
The New York Edition
Baccarat Hotel New York
JK Place Roma
Palazzo Avino
Palazzo Manfredi

Maybe RC Kyoto?

Special shout out to chinmoylad for helping with my Italy reservations!
Have a great trip!

I'm sure @bhrubin would say go for Suiran.

Kyoto definitely has more options now than it did 2 years ago. Four Seasons is supposedly quite stunning there too.
HKTraveler and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by chinmoylad; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:02 am
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
JK Place Roma
Palazzo Avino
It has become a running joke about going to the Amalfi Coast, as for the last 5 years I've talked about doing it and never managed it. Even this week we were talking about it, yet chose Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco at the last minute for the convenience.

Currently in Hotel Eden, and we'll go check out JK Place and Hotel de Russie tomorrow. Currently they have a lot to live up to, to compete with Hotel Eden.
HKTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:41 am
Suspended

It has become a running joke about going to the Amalfi Coast, as for the last 5 years I've talked about doing it and never managed it. Even this week we were talking about it, yet chose Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco at the last minute for the convenience.
Ditto. We decided instead on Tuscany, as well—StR Florence and La Bandita Townhouse in Pienza—this fall. Talking still about Amalfi for perhaps 2019 or 2020.

Currently in Hotel Eden, and we'll go check out JK Place and Hotel de Russie tomorrow. Currently they have a lot to live up to, to compete with Hotel Eden.
Did you eat at La Terrazza at the Eden? We loved it. We weren’t as crazy for the Eden’s lobby and public spaces otherwise, but the restaurant and bar were fab.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:20 pm

Can't wait for your reviews! They are always entertaining!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
It has become a running joke about going to the Amalfi Coast, as for the last 5 years I've talked about doing it and never managed it.
Same here. Another destination on my list which is always an option is Amanzoe. At the moment I think it will be next year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.