Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Where are you going next?

Where are you going next?

Old May 6, 2018, 7:14 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Talking about London hotel rates, I thought June is a peak season but seems many are starting to offer packages to entice guests.
I'm solely speaking of the Rosewood...This isn't a public offer from the hotel that's meant to entice someone to book, this is busy period for them..I had to cash in a favor to get this for a good client of mine which is why I hate for it to go to waste.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:17 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
After trying to make a few trips for this & next month in vain , have at least sorted part of June .
Was hoping to be in Melaka , Kuala Lumpur - MOKL & ? , .. but the ( Malaysia ) elections were announced . Then intended to have some “ rescue “ done at Chiva - som , Hua Hin ( for the excesses of our March / April French Polynesia & New Zealand trip ) but it will be closed for renovations in May & only reopens November . The stay at MOBKK will likely not happen as with the one for AmanYY ‘ s opening reception this Saturday .

We will be in Kila & Nusa Villas in early June .

Looks like E & O in Penang in October with possibly the aborted stops this / next month .Then Chiangmai which will go into early November , still deciding if FS or ? Then fly across to Chiva - som & MOBKK .

Mid November Dec : AmanTokyo , Nemu & RC Kyoto
Still filling in the gaps - hopefully Lupaia ( Agriturismo Montepulciano | Lupaia | Agriturismo di Lusso Toscana - Vienna residents ‘ inn ) , AmanCGV. AmanSS & ?? . But really looking ambitious & possibly too crammed for this October .
Too hot earlier & closing in November
You may be happy to have missed AmanYY for now...Clients stayed this week and had relatively poor feedback. Service was really lacking and planes flying over the resort often.
They also went to Fayun afterwards and was the complete opposite, of course its had time to polish things up there. But FYI
Old May 6, 2018, 7:28 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
You may be happy to have missed AmanYY for now...Clients stayed this week and had relatively poor feedback. Service was really lacking and planes flying over the resort often.
They also went to Fayun afterwards and was the complete opposite, of course its had time to polish things up there. But FYI
Yes , from what I gather will skip staying for a long while . Possibly swing by after a Fayun stay , but looks really remote for a couple of years ..
Rather return to Pulo or N’oi , for instance . Or visit Sean , Donald & team at Taka or Lorenzo ( for his cooking ) at Jena if they sort out the spa .
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:35 am
formerly htang333

Yes , from what I gather will skip staying for a long while . Possibly swing by after a Fayun stay , but looks really remote for a couple of years ..
Rather return to Pulo or N’oi , for instance . Or visit Sean , Donald & team at Taka or Lorenzo ( for his cooking ) at Jena if they sort out the spa .
Ahhh! really miss Pulo and N'oi! ... Heading to Jena for our first visit in a few weeks, very excited but have been warned about the food by others, good to see a different opinion, though.
Otherwise, I was planning my fast around it
Old May 6, 2018, 7:38 am

Ahhh! really miss Pulo and N'oi! ... Heading to Jena for our first visit in a few weeks, very excited but have been warned about the food by others, good to see a different opinion, though.
Otherwise, I was planning my fast around it
Lorenzo just moved from Nusa in late February .
He is remedying the situation
Hoping to return but waiting for the spa .
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: CX DM
YY is on the flightpath into Hongqiao airport so those planes won't be going anywhere anytime soon... They were a feature at the opening party also.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:50 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by Altocumulus
YY is on the flightpath into Hongqiao airport so those planes won't be going anywhere anytime soon... They were a feature at the opening party also.
Yikes!!
Altocumulus likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:50 am
formerly htang333

Lorenzo just moved from Nusa in late February .
He is remedying the situation
Hoping to return but waiting for the spa .
Awesome!! Lucky me
Old May 13, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
What a great list MacMyDay. Especially keen to hear your views on Il Sereno as it's been on my list for ages (as well as their St Barths property) and haven't seen any reports. Also Villa Feltrinelli is my absolute favourite, so I hope it is equally magical for you too.
We've actually decided to cancel Amanzoe (already been 6 times), which opens up more time for Villa Feltrinelli. It must be one of the most hyped properties on FlyerTalk, so you better have all been good people and not exaggerated its splendour.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:04 am
formerly htang333

Decided to Pivot some plans...

June:
Amanjena
MO Marrakech
Villa Magna, Madrid

July's Birthday field trip:
Aman Tokyo
AmanFayun - REALLY excited about this one!
AmanYangyun (still undecided due to client's recent visit and poor feedback)...If foregoing Yangyun, then will probably spend a couple days at FS or Pen Shanghai.
Four Seasons Hong Kong (needed an outdoor pool!)
Old May 18, 2018, 7:35 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Decided to Pivot some plans...

June:
Amanjena
MO Marrakech
Villa Magna, Madrid

July's Birthday field trip:
Aman Tokyo
AmanFayun - REALLY excited about this one!
AmanYangyun (still undecided due to client's recent visit and poor feedback)...If foregoing Yangyun, then will probably spend a couple days at FS or Pen Shanghai.
Four Seasons Hong Kong (needed an outdoor pool!)
I think you need to add Royal Monsour in Marrakech. An air con test trip for bhrubin sounds perfect.

I think you should skip the obvious Amanyangyun—which you already know is wildly overrated—and go instead to Amandayan in incredible Lijiang. Trust me—Lijiang is amazing. Then return via Shanghai to stay at the Peninsula.

You heard it here first.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:46 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I think you need to add Royal Monsour in Marrakech. An air con test trip for bhrubin sounds perfect.

I think you should skip the obvious Amanyangyun—which you already know is wildly overrated—and go instead to Amandayan in incredible Lijiang. Trust me—Lijiang is amazing. Then return via Shanghai to stay at the Peninsula.

You heard it here first.
Haha, I'm on to your games!!! If we stop by RM for a meal, I'll quickly run into on the accommodations and check the AC

Yeah, I think it's likely we'll do Fayun then just Peninsula and skip Yangyun...to be honest, part of the reason I even wanted to visit Yangyun was wanting to post a review of it on here for the community ... but just seems like too much trouble and not worth the money, yet.

Hate that we've managed to miss you guys again...would have been fun to meet up in Japan.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by BESVISOR; May 18, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Old May 18, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

easy to add 1 night at yangyun to fayun, transfer by car

anyone traveling less or (really) changing travel ?
BESVISOR likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 18, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Old May 27, 2018, 4:08 pm

After trying to make a few trips for this & next month in vain , have at least sorted part of June .
Was hoping to be in Melaka , Kuala Lumpur - MOKL & ? , .. but the ( Malaysia ) elections were announced . Then intended to have some “ rescue “ done at Chiva - som , Hua Hin ( for the excesses of our March / April French Polynesia & New Zealand trip ) but it will be closed for renovations in May & only reopens November . The stay at MOBKK will likely not happen as with the one for AmanYY ‘ s opening reception this Saturday .

We will be in Kila & Nusa Villas in early June .

Looks like E & O in Penang in October with possibly the aborted stops this / next month .Then Chiangmai which will go into early November , still deciding if FS or ? Then fly across to Chiva - som & MOBKK .

Mid November Dec : AmanTokyo , Nemu & RC Kyoto
Still filling in the gaps - hopefully Lupaia ( Agriturismo Montepulciano | Lupaia | Agriturismo di Lusso Toscana - Vienna residents ‘ inn ) , AmanCGV. AmanSS & ?? . But really looking ambitious & possibly too crammed for this October .
Too hot earlier & closing in November

June
Kila
Amanusa Villas
COMO The Treasury

Old May 27, 2018, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Kosovo, Bologna/San Marino, Malta, Barcelona, Andorra la Vela, Toulouse, Paris...only one in there that would be considered luxury is the Hotel Arts in Barcelona.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.