Reload this Page >

Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:17 pm

I was flying SEZ to DOH to AUH to NRT in 3 days. Can't do it anymore so QR routes SEZ to CMB to BKK to NRT with CMB to BKK to NRT route on Thai. Should be interesting to try a star alliance airline (BKK to nrt route in Thai first).
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
May / June :

TUH
MOHK

SF
St Regis ( thanks again bhrubin )

Seattle
PanPacific ( Good choice when one is going on an Alaska cruise )
Willows Inn , Lummi Island - meals belong here

Vancouver
PanPacific ( Best when one is going on an Alaska cruise , seamless transfer of luggage pre & post ! )

June

Oceania - M . S . Regatta Vista Suite

Vancouver
PanPacific Pearl Room

Seattle
PanPacific

SF StR

July :

Amankila

Aug :

Nusa

Sep :

Wales ?

LON Connaught
Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat ' Saisons , OX , England

?

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jun 14, 2017 at 7:38 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:21 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
June :

Oceania- M . S . Regatta Vista Suite

SF StR

July :

Amankila

Aug :

Nusa

Sep :

Wales ?

LON Connaught
Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat ' Saisons , OX , England

?
Awesome itinerary! Will you be posting any quick reviews or photos from the cruise? Would love to see how Oceania stacks against Crystal and Regent.

Safe travels!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Awesome itinerary! Will you be posting any quick reviews or photos from the cruise? Would love to see how Oceania stacks against Crystal and Regent.

Safe travels!
Thanks
Will try .

Do enjoy Vista Suites
Even better & larger on Oceania ' s larger ships , M . S . Marina / Riveria ; more restaurants

Others who have been on all 3 lines , say Oceania ' s best
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:46 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Thanks
Will try .

Do enjoy Vista Suites
Even better & larger on Oceania ' s larger ships , M . S . Marina / Riveria ; more restaurants

Others who have been on all 3 lines , say Oceania ' s best
Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:08 am

Just got back from excellent stays at COMO Point Yamu, Phuket, and The Sarojin, Khao Lak. Tiny flaws at both, but otherwise brilliant experiences that I'd happily recommend.

Now back to the drawing board as far as 'where to next' is concerned.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
Originally Posted by esotericidiot
Just got back from excellent stays at COMO Point Yamu, Phuket, and The Sarojin, Khao Lak. Tiny flaws at both, but otherwise brilliant experiences that I'd happily recommend.

Now back to the drawing board as far as 'where to next' is concerned.
Could you comment on the quality of the beach at Point Yamu?
I heard some pretty depressing stories about the amount of trash and overall ugliness of water.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
I heard some pretty depressing stories about the amount of trash and overall ugliness of water.
There isn't a beach at Point Yamu. You have to take a boat (around 30 mins) to their island Beach Club. Nothing special at all.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by 0bsidian
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
There isn't a beach at Point Yamu. You have to take a boat (around 30 mins) to their island Beach Club. Nothing special at all.
Ditto. COMO's beach is on a separate island, to which the resort offers complimentary scheduled longtail boat transfers. This, however, was not an option for us as my wife's ongoing recovery from a spinal surgery and occasional dependence on a wheelchair effectively negated something as acrobatic as a boat transfer. The far-from-glowing reviews didn't help either. We reserved COMO for its ease of navigation, and the views of Phang Nga bay's limestone rock formations, on which count the resort delivered well.

Instead, we slotted our beach-ing to The Sarojin in Khao Lak, which turned out to be a great choice as it was clean, pretty, crowd-free, non-commercialized, had some interesting local history and culture to discover, and easy to get around for us. Far better than the touristic horrors raging on Phuket's beaches, and its largely hilly set of upscale west-coast beach resorts.

The two-centre approach worked well for us - giving us both bay and beach, a nice change of scene midway through the holiday, and helping us avoid the head- and body-ache of taxis and sightseeing trips. I'd recommend you adopt a similar strategy if you're planning a trip to COMO (or the Phuket / Krabi / Phang Nga area in general).

Last edited by esotericidiot; Jun 16, 2017 at 11:47 pm
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Don't know. I need a place within 6 hours of Sydney but nit sure where.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Originally Posted by esotericidiot
Ditto. COMO's beach is on a separate island, to which the resort offers complimentary scheduled longtail boat transfers. This, however, was not an option for us as my wife's ongoing recovery from a spinal surgery and occasional dependence on a wheelchair effectively negated something as acrobatic as a boat transfer. The far-from-glowing reviews didn't help either. We reserved COMO for its ease of navigation, and the views of Phang Nga bay's limestone rock formations, on which count the resort delivered well.

Instead, we slotted our beach-ing to The Sarojin in Khao Lak, which turned out to be a great choice as it was clean, pretty, crowd-free, non-commercialized, had some interesting local history and culture to discover, and easy to get around for us. Far better than the touristic horrors raging on Phuket's beaches, and its largely hilly set of upscale west-coast beach resorts.

The two-centre approach worked well for us - giving us both bay and beach, a nice change of scene midway through the holiday, and helping us avoid the head- and body-ache of taxis and sightseeing trips. I'd recommend you adopt a similar strategy if you're planning a trip to COMO (or the Phuket / Krabi / Phang Nga area in general).
We agree. Loved our stay at Point Yamu this past October. We also didn't do their private beach as busy with other activities they offered (yoga,kickboxing, spa etc). We then combined that with Rayavadee and Philadelphia Bay in Krabi. Great time.

Currently responding from St Regis Bahia Beach...absolutely enjoying resort and suite .
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Don't know. I need a place within 6 hours of Sydney but nit sure where.
Apart from Australia and New Zealand that only really leaves you with the Cook Islands as an option (~6.5h flight and SYD-RAR is served non-stop several times a week)
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Apart from Australia and New Zealand that only really leaves you with the Cook Islands as an option (~6.5h flight and SYD-RAR is served non-stop several times a week)
Bali also a goer ?
SYD-DPS blocked in at 6h 40m.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Japan, May 2018--almost entirely free on miles/points!

ANA F LAX-HND

Prince Gallery Kioicho Tokyo--already suite upgraded
Suiran Kyoto--already junior suite upgraded
Ritz Carlton Kyoto
St Regis Osaka--already suite upgraded

OZ J/F KIX-ICN-LAX

We will be spending cash only on dining, Shinkansen, and some special experiences. Not too shabby.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:29 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Killer deal, bhrubin. Those are some awesome flights and properties (as well as upgrades) that you managed to score on points/status.

Have a great trip!

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Japan, May 2018--almost entirely free on miles/points!

ANA F LAX-HND

Prince Gallery Kioicho Tokyo--already suite upgraded
Suiran Kyoto--already junior suite upgraded
Ritz Carlton Kyoto
St Regis Osaka--already suite upgraded

OZ J/F KIX-ICN-LAX

We will be spending cash only on dining, Shinkansen, and some special experiences. Not too shabby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.