Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Don't forget Belgium! Southern Belgium (wallon) has a high concentration of some of the finest Michelin restaurants in the world. Most of them are out in the woods though.
Oh, yes. I still, in particular, fondly recall my meal at In De Wulf.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by offerendum
Relative good rates at this time. Please report back regarding weather.
I go to the IC Marseille each year at that time and the weather is almost always excellent. I'm looking forward to the next trip which is coming up. W Barcelona too. Maybe Hotel de la Cité in Carcassonne too.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Instead of Hotel de la Cité, I chose Le Prieuré in Avignon. Looking forward not only to the hotel, but dinner!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Feels like a life time away but 4 nights at the Oberoi in Mauritius on 29 Nov.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:02 am
Suspended

Next up:

Doha, Qatar (not sure where I'm staying yet)

--

Siam BKK (staying)
Mandarin Oriental BKK (siting)
Peninsula BKK (siting)

--

The Strand, Yangon
The Strand River Boat, Myanmar
Aureum Palace Inle, Myanmar

--

The Reverie, Saigon
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by pricesquire
The Reverie, Saigon
Will be interesting to see your feedback. Wasn´t completely open when I visited last time and I went with PH.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by offerendum
Will be interesting to see your feedback. Wasn´t completely open when I visited last time and I went with PH.
I am highly skeptical of this property - it looks like Vegas on steroids - and I usually deplore such gaudy, 'in your face' properties.

That said, some agents just went there the other day - agents whose opinions I trust very much - and they were surprisingly happy with the product.

Those same agents visited the Park Hyatt and said they had the worst hotel food/hotel restaurant meals of their lives.

Will be interesting to check it out, that's for sure.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:37 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Gosh, that is good to hear, as every time I have stayed at The Gritti, both before and after its refurbishment, I have been horrified by the food and service. The same applies to the Cipriani, both during the Biennale and out of season.

I totally agree about Aman Canal Grande - it is by far the best in Venice, both in accommodation, food and service. The suites are not all too historic for comfort. Some are relatively minimal.
Here is my review for the Gritti:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post27349332

We truly had easily comparable service and food/beverage to any Aman I've yet visited (10 and counting!). And while the Aman Venice is more beautiful (e.g. stunning!), the Gritti's Riva bar terrace is not something to be given up lightly for anyone who loves cocktails with a view IMO!

Also, here are a couple photos of our lunch visit and tour at the Aman Venice for perspective.

https://s26.postimg.cc/qpau48ajd/14...34413761_n.jpg

https://s26.postimg.cc/6kh9yrgpl/14...14259326_n.jpg

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 15, 2016 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
December:

The Phoenician (Scottsdale)
Enchantment (Sedona)
Amangiri
MO Las Vegas

February:

Debating MO Barcelona or MO Paris

March:

Al-Bustan Palace (Muscat, Oman)
Alila Jabal Akhdar (Oman)
Park Hyatt Dubai

September:

W-A Shanghai / Aman Shanghai if open in time
Peninsula Manila
Amanpulo

Last edited by callmedtop; Oct 15, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:44 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by callmedtop
December:

The Phoenician (Scottsdale)
Amangiri
MO Las Vegas

February:

Debating MO Barcelona or MO Paris

March:

Al-Bustan Palace (Muscat, Oman)
Alila Jabal Akhdar (Oman)
Park Hyatt Dubai

September:

W-A Shanghai / Aman Shanghai if open in time
Peninsula Manila
Amanpulo
I am dying to hear about your Dec experience at Amangiri...so please do share! Just be aware that the MO Vegas may be the best in Vegas but still isn't up to same standard at all.

There are few places where I'd recommend you reconsider, but the Peninsula Shanghai was perhaps our best city hotel stay ever, surpassing slightly, perhaps, even our recent Gritti Palace stay in Venice. I'd highly recommend it over the WA, for sure...and I rarely recommend any luxe hotel (e.g. Aman) right after it opens!

And most people I know tell me the PH Dubai isn't so great...as a warning. Which is why I'm sticking with the StR Dubai in Feb.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
And most people I know tell me the PH Dubai isn't so great...as a warning. Which is why I'm sticking with the StR Dubai in Feb.
The PH Dubai has its pluses and minus's, but the spa is top notch.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:56 pm

I am dying to hear about your Dec experience at Amangiri...so please do share! Just be aware that the MO Vegas may be the best in Vegas but still isn't up to same standard at all.

There are few places where I'd recommend you reconsider, but the Peninsula Shanghai was perhaps our best city hotel stay ever, surpassing slightly, perhaps, even our recent Gritti Palace stay in Venice. I'd highly recommend it over the WA, for sure...and I rarely recommend any luxe hotel (e.g. Aman) right after it opens!

We are VERY excited for our December Amangiri trip. We'll be touring a number of places in the PHX/Sedona area so looking forward to sharing my thoughts on them (Phoenician, Royal Palms, Sanctuary, Enchantment, and L'Auberge). We're also staying at Enchantment, which I forgot to mention earlier. One night PHX, one night Sedona, one night Amangiri, and two nights Vegas.

I'm a (somewhat ashamed) Vegas lover, and have typically stayed at the Wynn Tower Suites, so I'm actually not sure how I feel about staying at the MO. I know it isn't quite to "brand standard", but figure I'll try a less-touristy option since we'll be exhausted after these wedding property tours and me finishing up a pretty intense trip the week prior (week in NYC -> directly to PHX).

In Shanghai, I know the W-A isn't the go-to option, and I've heard only praise of the Pen, but as a student these days, this is my attempt at budgeting. I've got almost 400K Hilton points from my consulting days that I need to use up, and having stayed at the W-A Shanghai before, I know I like it enough that it'll suit just fine. I think it's a notch above almost every other W-A / Hilton property. My fiance doesn't care much about where we stay, but she is obsessed with the new Aman Shanghai property. Since we're not sure when we'll make it back to Shanghai, we're prepared to deal with growing pains if it is indeed open by next September.

Similar situation with the PH Dubai - enough Hyatt points to offset the cost quite a bit. I'd love to try some other properties, but at ~$600++ a night for the ones I'm interested in, don't think I can justify it right now. I stayed at the PH Dubai a few years ago and I liked it enough where I would return. There were more than a couple service lapses, but the property itself is quite nice. Combine that with Hyatt Diamond and it's a easier decision.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:00 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by callmedtop
We are VERY excited for our December Amangiri trip. We'll be touring a number of places in the PHX/Sedona area so looking forward to sharing my thoughts on them (Phoenician, Royal Palms, Sanctuary, Enchantment, and L'Auberge). We're also staying at Enchantment, which I forgot to mention earlier. One night PHX, one night Sedona, one night Amangiri, and two nights Vegas.

I'm a (somewhat ashamed) Vegas lover, and have typically stayed at the Wynn Tower Suites, so I'm actually not sure how I feel about staying at the MO. I know it isn't quite to "brand standard", but figure I'll try a less-touristy option since we'll be exhausted after these wedding trips and me finishing up a pretty intense trip the week prior (week in NYC -> directly to PHX).

In Shanghai, I know the W-A isn't the go-to option, and I've heard only praise of the Pen, but as a student these days, this is my attempt at budgeting. I've got almost 400K Hilton points from my consulting days that I need to use up, and having stayed at the W-A Shanghai before, I know I like it enough that it'll suit just fine. I think it's a notch above almost every other W-A / Hilton property. My fiance doesn't care much about where we stay, but she is obsessed with the new Aman Shanghai property. Since we're not sure when we'll make it back to Shanghai, we're prepared to deal with growing pains if it is indeed open by next September.

Similar situation with the PH Dubai - enough Hyatt points to offset the cost quite a bit. I'd love to try some other properties, but at ~$600++ a night for the ones I'm interested in, don't think I can justify it right now. I stayed at the PH Dubai a few years ago and I liked it enough where I would return. There were more than a couple service lapses, but the property itself is quite nice. Combine that with Hyatt Diamond and it's a easier decision.
^^^

Totally agree on using your points for the WA Shanghai and PH Dubai. If you got 'em, use 'em...especially with luxury level properties like those. Totally makes sense!

Though if you have more Hyatt points to burn, we far preferred the PH Shanghai next after the Pen. (We weren't fans of the RC and really didn't like that WA...but to each, their own!) Especially if you're Diamond!

Enjoy!!!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:07 pm

^^^

Totally agree on using your points for the WA Shanghai and PH Dubai. If you got 'em, use 'em...especially with luxury level properties like those. Totally makes sense!

Though if you have more Hyatt points to burn, we far preferred the PH Shanghai next after the Pen. (We weren't fans of the RC and really didn't like that WA...but to each, their own!) Especially if you're Diamond!

Enjoy!!!
My last stay at the PH Shanghai was remarkably bipolar. Really gorgeous suite and fantastic hard product - a little cold, but to my style overall - but the service was so unpleasant. Combine that with the inconvenient location for a leisure visit and I think it's a no-go.

Love to hear the disagreement on the WA - goes to show you that choosing a hotel certainly isn't one-size-fits-all!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Next up:

--

The Strand, Yangon
The Strand River Boat, Myanmar
Aureum Palace Inle, Myanmar

--
When are you going to The Strand - we will be there next month. And isn't the Aureum Palace in Bagan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.