FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Ritz Carlton, Dove Mountain , AZ-- Initial Observations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1013886-ritz-carlton-dove-mountain-az-initial-observations.html)

lucycan May 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Just found out the Club Level is shut down for the summer :td:

When do those $139 summer rates start?

MarshKing May 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan (Post 13953591)
When do those $139 summer rates start?

They start now, and are available through September 6.

vker May 31, 2010 6:17 pm

Ritz Dove Mountain

We have a reservation for a club level room at the RC Dove Mountain in August. I just found out today that they have discontinued their club level service. Very disappointing. They are supposed to contact me tomorrow to discuss other options.

paul2 May 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by vker (Post 14053142)
We have a reservation for a club level room at the RC Dove Mountain in August. I just found out today that they have discontinued their club level service. Very disappointing. They are supposed to contact me tomorrow to discuss other options.

When did you make the reservation vker?
It was mentioned here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...vations-2.html

Mr. Vker May 31, 2010 6:36 pm

WHAT??? You promised me Club Level! You better get us some good compensation!!!

vker May 31, 2010 6:40 pm

I made the reservation mid April. I saw the other thread here today once I found this out.

vker May 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Mr. vker, quit your complaining. You will enjoy whatever we do.

lucycan Jun 1, 2010 7:45 pm

I just checked out today.

The offer is $100 daily food and beverage.

lucycan Jun 1, 2010 8:10 pm

Just checked out today. Fabulous hotel! Rooms are VERY nice, staff was excellent, food was superb, spa was to die for, and the grounds (including miles and miles of hiking trails) were spectacular!

I highly recommend it to anyone.

Also, I used an amazing TA – fellow Flyertalker MarshKing. I highly recommend him to anyone. It made my stay cheaper AND better! He REALLY went out of his way to make my trip amazing.

offerendum Aug 13, 2010 5:09 am

Great!

Absolutely great hotel! Perfect location, very good service and nice rooms. Make sure you book a suite, they are worth the few extra dollars....

MarshKing Aug 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 14473840)
Make sure you book a suite, they are worth the few extra dollars....

For stays through the end of this month, they are offering a confirmed upgrade at booking to STARS clients.

nba1017 Jul 28, 2011 9:35 am

Any more recent thoughts? Thinking of taking my girlfriend in late January if the weather is warm enough.

More specifically, what is the typical clientele--middle-aged golfers, families with small children, couples, etc? Are the rooms well soundproofed? How is the on-site dining currently, given the lack of nearby options?

We're looking for something intimate that still has ample public space for pools, spa, gardens and so on. Relative warmth is also (always) nice in January. Any other suggestions are of course quite welcome. Thanks!

lucycan Jul 28, 2011 12:42 pm

We are headed back for Labor Day weekend.

Clientele is pretty varied. Some kids, some couples, some older. I would absolutely take my kids, but choose to spend time alone with the wife instead.

Rooms were VERY quiet. Maybe the quietest I have ever seen.

There are 4 dining options onsite and all are good. Unless you are going for a week I don't see a reason to leave.

Does that help?

nba1017 Jul 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan (Post 16815849)
We are headed back for Labor Day weekend.

Clientele is pretty varied. Some kids, some couples, some older. I would absolutely take my kids, but choose to spend time alone with the wife instead.

Rooms were VERY quiet. Maybe the quietest I have ever seen.

There are 4 dining options onsite and all are good. Unless you are going for a week I don't see a reason to leave.

Does that help?

Perfect.

Our goal is to spend four (does this sound optimal?) days having great room service and sipping champagne on a quiet, secluded balcony watching the sun rise and set.

lucycan Dec 14, 2011 3:18 pm

I was checking to return this summer and see that Club Rooms are options again. My understanding was the lounge was shut down shortly after opening.