Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

The Luxury Hotels of Spain and Portugal - site inspections

The Luxury Hotels of Spain and Portugal - site inspections

Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"eurotrash" is the usual term
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:46 pm

When does the Mandarin Oriental open its Barcelona property?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
When does the Mandarin Oriental open its Barcelona property?
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
MO barcelona taking reservations from dec 15
from 176 after 3rd nt free

will be great for amex cent. after free nt and upgrade >
283 - terrace suite
750 - 2BR penthouse suite
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:53 pm

Did you get to Marques de Riscal?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DavidO
Hotel Arts
but is also the one argument one could make to staying here; a taxi is required to get nearly everywhere in Barcelona.
We're just back and on a beautifull november day,a 15 minute walk past the train station and we were sipping a cold beer in the old town watching the world go by.
I'd agree taxi's for further away and a taxi back if you are there in the summer heat.
It was 66 to 70f last weekend so perfect.
The marina walk along the beach over towards the W hotel is very nice...though I didn't like that hotel.
A large property, high-rise property, we stayed in a Deluxe Club Room on the 32nd floor, one floor beneath the Club itself. (Club Rooms are located on floors 30-33). The Club Floors are a small boutique "hotel within a hotel" with its own check-in and check-out desk and concierges. Free WiFi is available within the Club Lounge (and I could access it from my room directly beneath the lounge there are four such rooms: 3204, 05, 06, and 07). A staircase leading directly into the Club from the lower floors is a convenient feature (no need to wait for elevators). The Deluxe Room is large (about 500 square feet) with contemporary styling that alludes to Barcelona's art deco tradition. The rough textures of the fabric wall coverings running the length of the room contrasted well with the vertical "folds" in the wallpaper on the end walls of the room. The muted color scheme was attractively elegant. The bathroom provided a dual vanity, soaking tub, step-in shower, and a toilet behind a separate door. The lights, flat screen TV, and DVD/CD player were controlled by electronics that I could never quite figure out!
We loved the club floor.It's the place to be in the hotel.
The lounge itself is very nice and the food presentations were excelent.
You could literally have your lunch and supper there and be satisfied.
The hospitality in the lounge was nothing short of outstanding!
They will also give you the loan of a laptop there for to check emails and do whatever else you want to check on.

as well as an outdoor pool and jacuzzi (not heated).
This past weekend that jacuzzi was heated !
We had a city and beach view from our room and I must mention that at breakfast in the club lounge they had an omlette bar which was super!

I can't say enough good things about this hotel andjust want to go back! make it so

Last edited by Earthman; Nov 24, 2009 at 7:36 am
Old Nov 24, 2009, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Earthman
We're just back and on a beautifull november day,a 15 minute walk past the train station and we were sipping a cold beer in the old town watching the world go by.
I'd agree taxi's for further away and a taxi back if you are there in the summer heat.
It was 66 to 70f last weekend so perfect.
The marina walk along the beach over towards the W hotel is very nice...though I didn't like that hotel.
We loved the club floor.It's the place to be in the hotel.
The lounge itself is very nice and the food presentations were excelent.
You could literally have your lunch and supper there and be satisfied.
The hospitality in the lounge was nothing short of outstanding!
They will also give you the loan of a laptop there for to check emails and do whatever else you want to check on.

This past weekend that jacuzzi was heated !
We had a city and beach view from our room and I must mention that at breakfast in the club lounge they had an omlette bar which was super!

I can't say enough good things about this hotel andjust want to go back! make it so
Good to hear that Hotel Arts is still performing so well, Earthman. It is easily one of the best R-C's in the world, although it will be interesting to see how the new MO Barcelona impacts on its high-end guests. Thanks for your report!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Good to hear that Hotel Arts is still performing so well, Earthman. It is easily one of the best R-C's in the world, although it will be interesting to see how the new MO Barcelona impacts on its high-end guests. Thanks for your report!
Any early reviews on the MO?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:32 am
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
I'm heading to Puerto Banus/Marbella for a wedding in June and i've booked the Finca Cortesin for 3 nights as it looks fantastic on the website.

Where else can I go for a couple of nights..?? I've stayed at the Marbella Club and the Puento Romano before and didn't love either.

I don't mind a short drive to somewhere if its worth it.

Thanks.!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:17 pm

La Bobadilla - roughly between Granada and Malaga

This may be too long a drive for you, and it has been years since I've been there -- though current reviews on TA look good - but I remember La Bobadilla in Loja as a lovely place in a very nice, Spanish setting.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 3:48 pm

Any recent thoughts on the FS Hotel Ritz Lisbon. I'm particularly interested in what room to book--do any rooms have views of the water, and also, per the original post, is a junior suite worth the ~200euro premium or is the deluxe room considered to be of sufficient standards?

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:13 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by nba1017
Any recent thoughts on the FS Hotel Ritz Lisbon. I'm particularly interested in what room to book--do any rooms have views of the water, and also, per the original post, is a junior suite worth the ~200euro premium or is the deluxe room considered to be of sufficient standards?
I'd still recommend booking a Superior which nearly always upgrades to Deluxe with a Virtuoso/Preferred Partner booking. There are no water views from the FS Lisbon - check out the Lapa Palace for water view.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.