Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Psssst, keep it to yourself‏ (Lufthansa e-mail)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Also books into U ex-UK but only very few dates seem to be available at these rates.

# Accra from £389*
# Atlanta from £349*
# Boston from £299*
# Caracas from £349*
# Chicago from £349*
# Dubai from £299*
# Hong Kong from £429*
# Lagos from £389*
# Nagoya from £479*
# Nanjing from £389*
# New York from £349*
# Beijing from £349*
# San Francisco from £479*
# Sao Paulo from £349*
# Seoul from £429*
# Shanghai from £389*
# Singapore from £429*
# Tokyo from £429*
# Osaka from £429*
# Tel Aviv from £259*

Conditions for this offer

* Purchase by: 01.10.2009
* Departure period: 07.10.2009-30.03.2010
* Return period: 08.10.2009-31.05.2010
* Advance Purchase Period: 7 days
* Minimum stay: one Saturday night
* Maximum stay: 3 months
* Special offer available for travel period 01.11.2009 - 28.02.2010 and return until 31.05.2010
* Subject to availability

The headline reads "34 Worldwide destinations on sale for 2 days only - Book from £259*" but I can only see 20 destinations listed.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 1:53 am

Programs: QF FF, Miles and More; SPG.
I do not think the fares look all that attractive. £349 for New York is not that great for a well advertised sale.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:06 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The headline reads "34 Worldwide destinations on sale for 2 days only - Book from £259*" but I can only see 20 destinations listed.
At the bottom of the list I see the following: "Further offers can be found in the drop-down list in step 3." There I find destinations such as Aspen, Busan, Phoenix, etc.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:09 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
As I feared a lot of buzz for nothing!

The fares to US are not more attractive than those of AZ or KL.
Fares to South Africa are also similar to those of EK or TK.
The other destinations I didn't look that much because if it is for tourism I do not understand places like Hyderabad while if it is for business I just noticed that the business days are at higher fares!

LH, please, try again! No booking from my side.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Squerez
As I feared a lot of buzz for nothing!

The fares to US are not more attractive than those of AZ or KL.
Fares to South Africa are also similar to those of EK or TK.
The other destinations I didn't look that much because if it is for tourism I do not understand places like Hyderabad while if it is for business I just noticed that the business days are at higher fares!

LH, please, try again! No booking from my side.
Since I don't really have access to the other fares (most of the other carriers need me to drive for 4-5hours to another airport) I consider them very good (albeit not sensation, since simillar offers springed out during this year). But, to each his own.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by AHN
At the bottom of the list I see the following: "Further offers can be found in the drop-down list in step 3." There I find destinations such as Aspen, Busan, Phoenix, etc.
Not on the UK site.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Not on the UK site.
There's an extension list on my version of the UK site - but the click-through is up on the right (rather than below) the principal list.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There's an extension list on my version of the UK site - but the click-through is up on the right (rather than below) the principal list.
A very strange way of presenting the list(s). Why can't they have a single list of all destinations? A good (bad?) example of poor website design.

Anyway this is a little academic since I'm not planning to book anything - unless I'm confident that I'd be upgraded from S or U and prices are more than double on the dates I may want to travel (i.e. no S or U fare available).
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:08 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
A very strange way of presenting the list(s). Why can't they have a single list of all destinations?
I agree, and the worst part of it is that you can't see the prices for the destinations in the extension list. You have to select dates and try to see what is the lowest you can find.

All in all a disappointingly ordinary offer considering all the hoopla around it.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: LH/OS SEN, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
*sigh* Always the same with LH special offers. As mentioned before, some fares would be OK from Austria, but if you have a closer look, you are sometimes stuck with overnight connections to the US (in FRA e.g.), bringing the total travel time up to 24 hours. If you stick to the better connections, you might end up with 550-800 € TATL depending on the destination - and this in W, so still only half miles. Or the availability is so scarce that you even can't find a date when the flights are available.

And I would like to second the little note to LH IT: please, bring up a calendar tool which lets you see on which dates the specials are availaible! Although their websites are nothing special, LX and OS are doing a much better job in this respect. It would take hours to check more than one or two destinations.

For my next MR, I will again stick to the good ol' Swiss European C-upgrade (although this is becoming more and more expensive as well).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.