Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is U booking Class "upgreadable" with Senator e-vouchers?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Is U booking Class "upgreadable" with Senator e-vouchers?

Hello, I recently received Senator status, but I´m not familiar with Senator e-vouchers, I´m aware that certain fare codes are not allowed to be upgreadable, does anyone know if U code is able to be upgreadable with Senator e-vouchers?

Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:07 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Usage of e-vouchers depends on the carrier and route flown so there is no general "yes" or "no". For example while you can´t upgrade LH long-haul in "U" upgrading LX "U" should be fine.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I guess the list of upgradable classes (with miles) in the M&M terms and conditions also applies to upgrades by eVouchers.

Lower booking classes don't seem to rule out op-ups if LH is desparate enough, though.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Lower booking classes don't seem to rule out op-ups if LH is desparate enough, though.
true ^. Scored opups in U, W etc.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Wondering if one can sponsor an upgrade with one's e-vouchers - possible?

Edited to Add:

Found this on the M&M website:

"What exactly is an eVoucher?
An eVoucher is an electronic credit note for an upgrade. Should you have eVouchers at your disposal on your Miles & More account you can enjoy the following benefits, in combination with a ticket paid for in cash:

- Use the eVoucher to travel one class higher on a cross–boarder flight within one award region. (An example of this would be within Europe or Central Asia).
- Use two eVouchers on a long– aul flight to make use of an upgrade. Long–haul flights are flights which are connected via two different award regions. An example of this would be a journey from Europe to North America.

The upgrades refer to one respective flight route and thus do not encompass the outward and return flight. Your eVouchers cannot be transferred; however, they can be redeemed for persons accompanying you. They are valid open end.

The offer applies to the following airlines:

- Adria Airways
- Air Dolomiti
- All Nippon Airlines
- Austrian Airlines Group*
- Croatia Airlines
- LOT Polish Airlines*
- Lufthansa*
- Lufthansa Regional
- Singapore Airlines
- SWISS
- United Airlines

* Can be booked online"

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Oct 2, 2009 at 1:41 am
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:34 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Seems the e-voucher can be transferred but do not know how. See here for the detail.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M evouchers cannot be transferred, you can only use them for a companion travelling with you on the same booking.

UA SWUs in paper for use on LH are fully transferable.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
M&M evouchers cannot be transferred, you can only use them for a companion travelling with you on the same booking.
i thought it was same flight not same booking!?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
travelling with you, yes sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.