Croatia Airlines

Old Nov 22, 19, 3:49 am

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
What is the business class service like on these ZAG-DBV flights? Any hot food or just light snacks?
Itís a 30 minute flight, just a morsel & drinks.
Old Mar 9, 20, 4:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OUs privatisation has been postponed: https://www.thedubrovniktimes.com/ne...sation-process

It seems only Air Nostrum and Aegean were interested: https://seenews.com/news/aegean-conf...isation-681855
Old Mar 9, 20, 12:00 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I hope it's not going to be the next one to go belly up. That's going to disappoint a lot of gamblers who are betting lots of money on Norwegian being the next one to go.
Old Mar 9, 20, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I hope it's not going to be the next one to go belly up. That's going to disappoint a lot of gamblers who are betting lots of money on Norwegian being the next one to go.
They were in trouble before Corinovirus and EU rules prevent unfair state intervention.....
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:24 pm

OU only had a loss of 10 Mio Ä for all of last year. That kind of cash burn is easy to fix. Just have some local airport subsidise a new route.
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
OU only had a loss of 10 Mio Ä for all of last year. That kind of cash burn is easy to fix. Just have some local airport subsidise a new route.
Itís Croatia & of course now in the EU & miraculously freed from corruption & false accounting , yes, it was quite a good year !

Which is just demonstrated by the huge number of companies in line to snap them up
Old Mar 9, 20, 3:06 pm

I suppose snapping them up is better than them just going bankrupt and disappearing. My feeling is, governments should shelve these silly rules and help out these airlines, such as Flybe and Croatian (if it looks like the latter is going to go bust).
Old Mar 10, 20, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose snapping them up is better than them just going bankrupt and disappearing. My feeling is, governments should shelve these silly rules and help out these airlines, such as Flybe and Croatian (if it looks like the latter is going to go bust).

So you are saying every Country should be a s Stupid as the Italians with Alitalia?? I disagree if an airline cant make it let it fold
Old Mar 10, 20, 10:22 am

OU is rather ragtag outfit, with 4 A319 and two A320 plus 6 ATRs. The crew is mostly from HR but they have a substantial P2F FO operation.

The network of 30 destinations is nuts: https://www.flightconnections.com/ro...ia-airlines-ou
Old Mar 10, 20, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by craz View Post
So you are saying every Country should be a s Stupid as the Italians with Alitalia?? I disagree if an airline cant make it let it fold
Well I'm sure even you, craz, will admit that these are exceptional circumstances. A bit of help may become essential in some cases. But there's no excusing bad management, such as in the case of Flybe and clearly Adria. How do people actually get these management jobs? And I have no idea whether Alitalia is currently badly managed or if it is just dealing with the legacy of its past.
Old Mar 10, 20, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I'm sure even you, craz, will admit that these are exceptional circumstances. A bit of help may become essential in some cases. But there's no excusing bad management, such as in the case of Flybe and clearly Adria. How do people actually get these management jobs? And I have no idea whether Alitalia is currently badly managed or if it is just dealing with the legacy of its past.
I think the current circumstances will allow those carriers that should have been put to sleep long ago, do just that .Hungary was smart yrs ago when they let Malev go under and other carriers stepped in and offered service BUD hasnt closed down , just Malev did
Old Mar 10, 20, 1:36 pm

Yes, actually Budapest has perfectly ok connectivity despite the absence of MALEV. The airline industry seems to be horrendously difficult though, and I am really glad I don't work in it.

The only thing is, smaller carriers are weaker by nature so they are more liable to disappear with this mess. I do reckon Croatia Airlines will be lucky to come out of this. But you're right, if they're not viable it's not up to governments to constantly bail them out.
Old Mar 11, 20, 10:43 am

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
OU is rather ragtag outfit, with 4 A319 and two A320 plus 6 ATRs. The crew is mostly from HR but they have a substantial P2F FO operation.

The network of 30 destinations is nuts: https://www.flightconnections.com/ro...ia-airlines-ou
When did they get the ATRs? Also they have DH8s but I'm not sure how many.

As for the A319/20s many airlines have a mix of the two. Many also operate some props on short/domestic routes. OS fitted that bill until very recently and LO still do as do SK and AY.
Old Mar 11, 20, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete View Post
When did they get the ATRs? Also they have DH8s but I'm not sure how many.

As for the A319/20s many airlines have a mix of the two. Many also operate some props on short/domestic routes. OS fitted that bill until very recently and LO still do as do SK and AY.
They do not have ATRs, they have Dash8 (6 + 1 coming this summer)
Old Mar 11, 20, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete View Post
As for the A319/20s many airlines have a mix of the two.
Just 6 A32S is to small a fleet to make sense for a standalone airline. As is 6 props for regional flights...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: