Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Croatia Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:37 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Another vote for option B. I've had similarly short transits at ZAG involving immigration and have made the onward flight every time.

I don't know for sure, but A could well include immigration processing at Pula.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks for the responses.

I was originally shying away from option 2 because I'd seen recent reports of OU being somewhat delay-prone, and ZAG being fairly disorganised. Couple that with needing to transfer from (intra Europe) international to domestic and it seemed a bit ambitious.

The Pula flights might well require immigration as well, but as a same plane service (OU's website listed it as a 'tech stop' only) it seemed there was no real risk of misconnecting.

As it happens, it's now a moot point as by searching on round trip flights rather than one way I was able to find a reasonably affordable connection on LH that let us fly the previous day, which was even better from my point of view. The joke will be on me however if we misconnect in MUC! :P
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
Is this really the only thread on Croatian in the entire forum?

Couldn't see any more.

Am pondering giving them a try for going to Zagreb from London in a few weeks - just for a change. I've already retained silver in BA and have no chance at all of getting gold so I figured I might give them a go!

Anyone have any reasons not to?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: SA FTL
It is hard to judge the airline only on the basis o short flights (I am flying regularly for last 3 months WAW-VIE-ZAG), but they are terrible in terms of punctuality... I had to stay three times for a night in VIE as the delay from ZAG was longer than 30-45 min (so as much as flight length!) and there weren't any later flights to WAW.

Plus remember that Croatia is not in Schengen zone, you need to have double security check in case of connecting flights.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:02 am

Old thread and somewhat off-topic but Croatia has just unveiled their new livery (not much of a change really...):

G
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:04 am

OU has now started to charge for ASR (free-of-charge for SEN/HON).

Affected routes for the time being:

ZAG-CPH/DUB/HEL/OSL/ARN/LED
SPU-CPH

G
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:56 am

Is Croatia Airlines strict about carry-on weight like LH? Are they likely to measure or weight at the gate? I have always avoided LCC to avoid this hassle, but it that is getting harder and harder now that LH and most other EU airlines have become LCC's.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by downinit
Is Croatia Airlines strict about carry-on weight like LH? Are they likely to measure or weight at the gate? I have always avoided LCC to avoid this hassle, but it that is getting harder and harder now that LH and most other EU airlines have become LCC's.
It depends a bit on where you are and who the handling agents are. What's your route?
chris63 and downinit like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:51 pm

[QUOTE=lhrpete;31320733]It depends a bit on where you are and who the handling agents are. What's your route?[/QUOTE

RT from Zurich and one domestic: Zagreb to Zadar

I guess that means I will need to check my carry-on, as there is no way I can last 1.5 weeks on 5 kg of clothing and accessories.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
ZRH - ZAG and almost all domestic services in Croatia are operated by a Dash 8, anything bigger than a laptop bag needs to either be checked in or at least handed over before boarding the aircraft and it will be loaded in the hold. In the latter case, it is retrieved on disembarkation before you leave the stand.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by lhrpete
ZRH - ZAG and almost all domestic services in Croatia are operated by a Dash 8, anything bigger than a laptop bag needs to either be checked in or at least handed over before boarding the aircraft and it will be loaded in the hold. In the latter case, it is retrieved on disembarkation before you leave the stand.
ZAG-ZAD is indeed operated with Dash & therefore very little carry on space

SPU & DBV gets A319/320
downinit likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
In my limited experience (one or two flights a month on OU), they don't often measure your carry-on weight when you check-in but they can. I have never seen them weigh a bag anywhere else (gate, etc.) The limit is 8 kg (not 5) and they won't mind if you're over a bit (a kilo or two).

Since they only have 12 aircraft (six Airbus and six Dash 8) in their entire fleet, many flights (not just domestic) are on the Dash 8. Frankfurt, London and Paris almost always get an Airbus, both from Zagreb year round and from Split and Dubrovnik in the summer). Domestically, Split and Dubrovnik only get the Airbus from Zagreb once a day (i.e. late night to the coast and early morning back to Zagreb).

Other domestic flights to Split and Dubrovnik are the Dash 8 (although there are occasional exceptions) as are all flights to Zadar, Pula, and Bol. Most other destinations (Zurich, Brussels, Munich, Vienna, Copenhagen, etc.) get the Dash 8 whether from Zagreb or from the coast. Handing over your standard roll-aboard carry-on bag at the plane is normal on all the Dash 8 flights.

Just a reminder that they will usually hold the last flight of the night from Zagreb to the coastal cities for connecting passengers. This is a blessing if your connecting flight is running late but frustrating if it's not and someone else's flight is.
downinit likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Usually not, but if the flight is busy, they can sometimes check
downinit likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lockers on the Dash are underestimated as very small but they will fit my B&R carry on luggage just fine. That’s pretty much at the limit of BArbs Ready to Fly sizer. Align it at the closing mechanism and it fits perfectly.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is the business class service like on these ZAG-DBV flights? Any hot food or just light snacks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.