Double Status Miles Promotion for status renewal

Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN, BA GGL, Bonvoy LTT, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by LostAntipod
I've been M&M Silver since 2003 and I dont think I have ever received a promo email from LH. Certainly not in the last 3-4 years. But they definitely have my email address, since I always get the Worldshop and LH sale emails....

So thank you dear Flyertalkers for posting these specials, this is where I find out about the promotions. I had no trouble registering for this one, and since I dont receive the emails, I doubt I was targeted !

Thanks to you, f4freeJunior
Funny you say that. Same here. They should have my email but never heard a word, other than the monthly account statement...
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:32 am

It doesn't work for everybody, here's the reply i got:

Sorry!
Bitte beachten Sie, dass nur persnlich angeschriebene Kunden fr die Registrierung an dieser Aktion zugelassen sind.

Only customers who receive our individual offer are entitled to register for this promotion. Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused.

Nous sommes dsols, cependant, seuls les membres ayant reu cette offre peuvent s'inscrire cette promotion.

Solo i clienti che ricevono questa e-mail sono autorizzati a registrarsi per questa promozione. La preghiamo di accettare le nostre scuse per eventuali inconvenienti occorsi.

Lo lamentamos, slo los clientes que han recibido esta promocin pueden registrarse para participar en la misma.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Gold
Which country are you based in?

For me, on the Miles & More homepage (NL) it was showing up on the promo banner.

Might be available to only certain countries, perhaps?

Originally Posted by Fendant
It doesn't work for everybody, here's the reply i got:

Sorry!
Bitte beachten Sie, dass nur persnlich angeschriebene Kunden fr die Registrierung an dieser Aktion zugelassen sind.

Only customers who receive our individual offer are entitled to register for this promotion. Please accept our apologies for any disappointment caused.

Nous sommes dsols, cependant, seuls les membres ayant reu cette offre peuvent s'inscrire cette promotion.

Solo i clienti che ricevono questa e-mail sono autorizzati a registrarsi per questa promozione. La preghiamo di accettare le nostre scuse per eventuali inconvenienti occorsi.

Lo lamentamos, slo los clientes que han recibido esta promocin pueden registrarse para participar en la misma.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:30 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Ridiculous...first limiting lounge access on arrival because lounges are too crowded and then awarding double status miles to ensure that in the next two years lounges will be crowded...
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
Ridiculous...first limiting lounge access on arrival because lounges are too crowded and then awarding double status miles to ensure that in the next two years lounges will be crowded...
+ status match in several countries
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by saviox
+ status match in several countries
That's the main point IMO - expect to see huge numbers of new SEN from now till Feb/2011 Probably few of them will renew, but it's still FTL until Feb/2013
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why do you want double status miles if you've requalified already?
Well I got this - I have requalified for FTL, but there is a remote chance that with this promo I might make SEN
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:31 am

Programs: Various
It seemed to work for me to sign up and I haven't received a mail. I'm based in Sweden.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: LH, BA, MH, VS, SPG, ICH, SIXT
Originally Posted by LonLH
Same here- I requalified for SEN until 2012 in April 08 and got this mail while MrsLonLH has not. Since I am only 150K short of qualifying for HON, might worth moving my three SQ/CX flights to LH which should net 90K status miles without 2x bonus had the promo included non-Europe flights.
The Promo is for STATUS MILES, not HON MILES, therefore you may notch up lots of Status miles, but will still miss your HON, unless you can collect 150,000 regular HON Miles in the next four months.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by BobBHX
Well the targeting computer is off target. I got the email and I requalified for SEN in May.
I re-qualified for HON back in June 2009 and I still got that e-mail. Very strange..
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:09 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
It seemed to work for me to sign up and I haven't received a mail. I'm based in Sweden.
Same here. I didn't receive the e-mail, but I could register. No confirmation e-mail, however. I'm based in Norway.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:09 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Worked for me based out of the US. Not all that interesting as I don't fly many intra-European segments.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:43 am

Hi CROSSING, which country do you have in the profile? None of the promos work for me....

Im a recently downgraded to Frequent traveler guy registered in the middle east (much less miles required on lots of destinations)
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: LH FTL
Plain old Germany. Usually you get more promotions if you are based either in Germany (best), Switzerland (was good in the past) or Austria (good). I was based the balkan region for some time (customer project) and hardly got any targeted promotions.

Last edited by crossings; Aug 28, 2009 at 9:56 am Reason: More text :-)
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by catandmouse
Well I got this - I have requalified for FTL, but there is a remote chance that with this promo I might make SEN
Good luck! We need more SENs to make SEN lounges even more crowded.

My question was addressed to kiez whose profile is SEN+ . If already requalified as SEN I wondered about the reason for (cry). Perhaps the requalification was through MR?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.