Search

lufthansa.de now allows Paypal which saves one the 5€ CC fee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
lufthansa.de now allows Paypal which saves one the 5€ CC fee

Hello

Sorry, if this might have been posted before, tried to search for it with no luck, so thought to give you a heads up.

Mods, please feel free to delete or merge as needed.

while checking on an upcoming flight on lufthansa.de, I have noticed following

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=de&cid=18002
sorry, in German

And on the booking page it states

"Bitte beachten Sie, dass sich die Ticket Service Charge bei Bezahlung mit PayPal oder mit elektronischem Lastschriftverfahren um 5 EUR reduziert. Loggen Sie sich fόr die Zahlung mit Lastschriftverfahren mit Ihrem persφnlichen Profil ein. Voraussetzungen fόr die Nutzung des elektronischen Lastschriftverfahrens finden Sie hier."

So, for those who want to book via the german lh website, this might be a way in reducing the ticket service fee.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I also noticed the option to pay via PayPal when booking a flight from Germany to the UK on LH's UK website.

An announcement in English here.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 1:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Thumbs down TSC added by lufthansa.co.uk

I just checked some fare on LH's UK site and noticed that the total price now includes £4 Ticket Service Charge which I hadn't seen on the UK site before. This will be waved if payment is made via PayPal.

When did they sneak in this additional charge?

I booked FRA-MAN one way for November last Saturday and the total price was £70 consisting of:

Fare: 20.00
YQ: 27.40
RA: 16.40
DE: 6.20

If I book the same flight today the price would be:

Fare: 20.00
YQ: 27.30
RA: 16.40
DE: 6.10
TSC: 4.00

or the total of £73.80 unless paid via PayPal.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 13, 2009 at 3:00 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can set up paypal to charge your credit card, so thats a way to circumvent that problem...
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:47 am

Yes, I've figured that out but it's a sneaky way to introduce TSC.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, I've figured that out but it's a sneaky way to introduce TSC.
No ... it is a PR incentive to familiarise yourself with PayPal ... or so.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Interesting news. Thanks for posting.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can set up paypal to charge your credit card, so thats a way to circumvent that problem...
IIRC this will only work if you don't have any credit at paypal. Otherwise they will charge the credit first. Might have changed now.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You can choose where Paypal takes your funds from for each transaction individually.

Even if you have funds available in your Paypal account, you can still chose to use a credit card you have on file in your account.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by goliath
You can choose where Paypal takes your funds from for each transaction individually.

Even if you have funds available in your Paypal account, you can still chose to use a credit card you have on file in your account.
Yes, but one has to be careful - a few times I let them withdraw directly from my bank account!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, but one has to be careful - a few times I let them withdraw directly from my bank account!
Of course you have to be careful. You also have to be careful to chose the right credit card if you pay the flight on LH's homepage directly. I fail to see that this is a problem with Paypal?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Of course you have to be careful. You also have to be careful to chose the right credit card if you pay the flight on LH's homepage directly. I fail to see that this is a problem with Paypal?
I never save my cc details on the LH website, so I don't experience such a problem!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:43 am

I am quite sure that once I had no chance but was forced to use the funds in my account. Anyway it's even better if you can choose anytime as you pointed out
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:53 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Are there any LH-webpages left where I can book my ultra-cheap intraeuropean tickets without paying the CC-charge?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:10 am

This is not good - booked LHR-FRA-BUD-FRA-LCY on the UK website last Sunday - no TSC.

Looked at another booking today and there is a TSC - waved if you pay by PayPal. PayPal is a truly horrid company that has endless ways of making your life difficult - it's only good for paying sellers on eBay.

For LH to use it as a way of introducing a TSC is really shabby and it won't do them any good at all.

Last edited by purplebox; Aug 14, 2009 at 5:16 am Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.