FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lowest Amount of HON Miles ever (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/967896-lowest-amount-hon-miles-ever.html)

HombreDeLasNubes Jun 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Lowest Amount of HON Miles ever

I am proud to report that I probably have accumulated the lowest amout of HON mile so far in 2009 EVER:

11.242 miles

since beginning of this year even though I am flying every week.

Flying in LH Y class shows how low class the service for HONs really is. No personal word, no special treatment. I probably get more recognition flying BA or AF.

And service is just as bad: The red and blu HON tag on the luggage seems to have no effect on when the luggage is coming out at all (at least in Europe and US). Seatblocking is a myth, well that's a well known fact even LH continues to state differently.

The truth behind pickup at the aircraft: well only if there are not to many RDS and no one to be driven to the plane, so if a car happens to be available.

But hey, what am I complaining about... LH said they have too many HONs, so why would anyone expect immaculat First Class service when they are keen to save money.

I can just warn anyone to go for this service. Come with low expections and be prepared to spend a lot of money for a mediocre service.

Or be desparate to show off.

Jan

Flying Lawyer Jun 23, 2009 1:10 pm

I am glad I am SEN based close to a "provincial" airport:

• Seat blocking works smooth as silk
  • 11 A/F is always available for me on the 737
  • SEN lounge is pretty nice
  • I do not need any car to get to A81 or A71
  • I do not expect anything in respect of special service from my E class tickets
  • Whenever I fly F/C I enjoy perfect service.

and close to 200k HON miles: 5.000 from E-Class flights, 195.000 from A/F/O Class flights.

Poor HONs....

Rambuster Jun 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes (Post 11956319)
I am proud to report that I probably have accumulated the lowest amout of HON mile so far in 2009 EVER:

11.242 miles

since beginning of this year even though I am flying every week.

Flying in LH Y class shows how low class the service for HONs really is. No personal word, no special treatment. I probably get more recognition flying BA or AF.

And service is just as bad: The red and blu HON tag on the luggage seems to have no effect on when the luggage is coming out at all (at least in Europe and US). Seatblocking is a myth, well that's a well known fact even LH continues to state differently.

The truth behind pickup at the aircraft: well only if there are not to many RDS and no one to be driven to the plane, so if a car happens to be available.

But hey, what am I complaining about... LH said they have too many HONs, so why would anyone expect immaculat First Class service when they are keen to save money.

I can just warn anyone to go for this service. Come with low expections and be prepared to spend a lot of money for a mediocre service.

Or be desparate to show off.

Jan

Seems to be time for your monthly rant again ?:confused:

FelixB Jun 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes (Post 11956319)

11.242 miles

I have to disappoint you. There are thousands, maybe millions, of M&M members who have got less. There are even many that don't even know they have HON miles.

mh492 Jun 23, 2009 3:05 pm

You guys are taking all the fun out of it. I am actually looking forward to become HON. This is the first year I am close. Only 40k miles are missing. The qualifying flight will be LH492 to Vancouver on 30th of July.

NewbieRunner Jun 23, 2009 6:10 pm

A "mine is smaller/shorter/cheaper than yours" thread :eek::D

TRAVELSIG Jun 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by mh492 (Post 11957123)
You guys are taking all the fun out of it. I am actually looking forward to become HON. This is the first year I am close. Only 40k miles are missing. The qualifying flight will be LH492 to Vancouver on 30th of July.

Congratulations! Have fun with it!

DownUnderFlyer Jun 23, 2009 9:23 pm

What are HON miles? :rolleyes: :D

I am 7 hours from the next HONourable airport anyway.

tcswede Jun 24, 2009 12:22 am

Jan,
why start a new thread everytime rather than just add your frustration to one of the earlier ones that you have started on the same topic. I think most of us regular posters have grasped that you are a tad disappointed by the HON package. That is absolutely fine - but do respect that others might not be inclined to share your opinion.

Cheers

Thomas

mh492 Jun 24, 2009 12:51 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 11958867)

So a quick HON mileage run is not an option for you ;)

Zorro Jun 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 11956351)

and close to 200k HON miles: 5.000 from E-Class flights, 195.000 from A/F/O Class flights.

Poor HONs....

How did you get HON miles for O Class?

Tim2008 Jun 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Buy Business, fly First promo...these tickets were booked in O class with a C/D fare base.

roundtheworld Jun 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Tim2008 (Post 11963089)
Buy Business, fly First promo...these tickets were booked in O class with a C/D fare base.

Is that promo gone ?

I have IAD-FRA-JNB coming up a few times this year.

JNBHEL Jun 24, 2009 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by roundtheworld (Post 11964711)
Is that promo gone ?

What happened to your deal with LH?

Greetings from Brisbane
JNBHEL

IsleSeat Jun 24, 2009 10:55 pm

0 for this year, 309000 for last year.

SleepOverGreenland Jun 25, 2009 1:39 am

Originally Posted by roundtheworld (Post 11964711)
Is that promo gone ?

No, the "Buy C, Fly First" is still there for the rest of the year. But AFAIK only for the TATL. Not sure about your FRA-JNB leg.

mh492 Jun 25, 2009 3:31 am

Originally Posted by IsleSeat (Post 11965680)
0 for this year, 309000 for last year.

You are half there ;)

SleepOverGreenland Jun 25, 2009 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Tim2008 (Post 11963089)

Booked in C fare (not D), C ticket issued and then upgraded for free to O (given availability). BIZ fare status and award miles (200% plus 25% for status) credited.

TRAVELSIG Jun 25, 2009 9:01 am

Remember also you can get hon miles in "O" by buying C and upgrading to F with miles or evouchers...

roundtheworld Jun 25, 2009 10:11 am

Originally Posted by JNBHEL (Post 11965425)
What happened to your deal with LH?

Greetings from Brisbane
JNBHEL

Business trips...not private

roundtheworld Jun 25, 2009 10:14 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 11967319)
Remember also you can get hon miles in "O" by buying C and upgrading to F with miles or evouchers...

since when

weero Jun 25, 2009 11:29 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 11958867)

Same for me ... I never checked if I actually do accrue HONte miles :o.

SleepOverGreenland Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 11967319)

How many HON miles then?

weero Jun 25, 2009 11:38 am

Originally Posted by tcswede (Post 11959515)
Jan,
why start a new thread everytime rather than just add your frustration to one of the earlier ones that you have started on the same topic. I think most of us regular posters have grasped that you are a tad disappointed by the HON package. That is absolutely fine - but do respect that others might not be inclined to share your opinion..

Not me!

I am glad to see that much higher elites than I am are similarly disappointed by the evolution of good ol'LH. Makes a reasonable counterbalance to the overall apologetic and euphoric nature of the forum.

And I for one find the account of the OP credible and not unnecessarily exaggerated.

sentom Jun 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by weero (Post 11968259)
And I for one find the account of the OP credible and not unnecessarily exaggerated.

while i agree on some of your view, i cant here.

while the HON service is in no way perfect, i experience it on a very regular basis and i know no other HON who is as "unlucky" as the OP.

in my opinion its greatly exaggerated...

kasi Jun 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 11969094)
while i agree on some of your view, i cant here.

while the HON service is in no way perfect, i experience it on a very regular basis and i know no other HON who is as "unlucky" as the OP.

in my opinion its greatly exaggerated...

Well, my personal experience in this year is similar to that of the OP: HON service is great until you are actually on board. No personal greeting in either C or Y (intraeuropean). No assistance in case flight irragularities occur whil on board. No seat blocking. Arbritary rebooking of booked seat without information on international flights (no aircraft changes involved).

TRAVELSIG Jun 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by roundtheworld (Post 11967760)
since when

Since always.

seat 1a Jun 28, 2009 1:34 am

[QUOTE=kasi;11978991]

HON service is great until you are actually on board.
This is true

No personal greeting in either C or Y (intraeuropean).
who cares

No assistance in case flight irragularities occur whil on board.
not my experience

No seat blocking.
not my experience

Arbritary rebooking of booked seat without information on international flights (no aircraft changes involved)
.not my experience

DownUnderFlyer Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 11980428)
who cares

The OP maybe. Seems to be important to some.

Rambuster Jun 29, 2009 2:11 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 11983419)
The OP maybe. Seems to be important to some.

I'd really like to know if there is an standard operating procedure in place to greet HON pax ? Some crews on shorthaul do it, others don't.

TRAVELSIG Jun 29, 2009 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 11984512)
I'd really like to know if there is an standard operating procedure in place to greet HON pax ? Some crews on shorthaul do it, others don't.

I don't think there is- as you have mentioned it really depends on the crew.

SleepOverGreenland Jun 29, 2009 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 11984512)

On LH it always was and still is a hit and miss. On LX it was almost a 100% hit since lately it went to a 100% miss. At least for LX this seems to be more than coincidence...

Then again, who cares.

seat 1a Jun 29, 2009 9:11 am

On LX in F TATL the other week , 2 F pax , the purser came and sat on my ottoman for a few minutes chatting away prior to departure , nice touch , but I can live without it. Also captain came out for a quick handshake .

totti Jun 29, 2009 9:47 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 11985766)
On LX in F TATL the other week , 2 F pax , the purser came and sat on my ottoman for a few minutes chatting away prior to departure , nice touch , but I can live without it. Also captain came out for a quick handshake .

But this happens to non-HONs as well. If you really want to chat with a FA or the Purser/Maitre du Cabine there is almost always an opportunity. As pointed out by SOG I don't find it to be important if the purser just stops by because he/she thinks you are entitled to or he/she is obliged to. I do like to chat with FAs but only if I have the feeling that they are in the mood to do so.

seat 1a Jun 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by totti (Post 11985963)
But this happens to non-HONs as well.

But of course , this can happen to anyone .
Except HON's in Y on European flts according to OP and others.;)

I would prefer not to be chatted to , and would never start a chat. Headphones on .

Rambuster Jun 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by seat 1a (Post 11987914)
But of course , this can happen to anyone .
Except HON's in Y on European flts according to OP and others.;)

I would prefer not to be chatted to , and would never start a chat. Headphones on .

I usually chat to the crew after arrival whilst waiting for the door to be opened. (which at some airport takes ages and makes you think if they were even expecting the plane to make it there ...??)

DownUnderFlyer Jun 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by totti (Post 11985963)
If you really want to chat with a FA or the Purser/Maitre du Cabine there is almost always an opportunity.

But some people want to be given the opportunity.

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 11987944)
I usually chat to the crew after arrival whilst waiting for the door to be opened. (which at some airport takes ages and makes you think if they were even expecting the plane to make it there ...??)

Maybe some airports are genuinely surprised to see a LH plane on time. ;)

SleepOverGreenland Jun 30, 2009 8:39 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 11988175)
But some people want to be given the opportunity.

And some people even need help to get into their underwear... :rolleyes:

mamb0 Jun 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by mh492 (Post 11957123)

Congratulations... As of now, you should have it..

sentom Jun 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 11993913)
Congratulations... As of now, you should have it..

july... not june! ;) :D