Lowest Amount of HON Miles ever

Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Lowest Amount of HON Miles ever

I am proud to report that I probably have accumulated the lowest amout of HON mile so far in 2009 EVER:

11.242 miles

since beginning of this year even though I am flying every week.

Flying in LH Y class shows how low class the service for HONs really is. No personal word, no special treatment. I probably get more recognition flying BA or AF.

And service is just as bad: The red and blu HON tag on the luggage seems to have no effect on when the luggage is coming out at all (at least in Europe and US). Seatblocking is a myth, well that's a well known fact even LH continues to state differently.

The truth behind pickup at the aircraft: well only if there are not to many RDS and no one to be driven to the plane, so if a car happens to be available.

But hey, what am I complaining about... LH said they have too many HONs, so why would anyone expect immaculat First Class service when they are keen to save money.

I can just warn anyone to go for this service. Come with low expections and be prepared to spend a lot of money for a mediocre service.

Or be desparate to show off.

Jan
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I am glad I am SEN based close to a "provincial" airport:

• Seat blocking works smooth as silk
  • 11 A/F is always available for me on the 737
  • SEN lounge is pretty nice
  • I do not need any car to get to A81 or A71
  • I do not expect anything in respect of special service from my E class tickets
  • Whenever I fly F/C I enjoy perfect service.

and close to 200k HON miles: 5.000 from E-Class flights, 195.000 from A/F/O Class flights.

Poor HONs....
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes
I am proud to report that I probably have accumulated the lowest amout of HON mile so far in 2009 EVER:

11.242 miles

since beginning of this year even though I am flying every week.

Flying in LH Y class shows how low class the service for HONs really is. No personal word, no special treatment. I probably get more recognition flying BA or AF.

And service is just as bad: The red and blu HON tag on the luggage seems to have no effect on when the luggage is coming out at all (at least in Europe and US). Seatblocking is a myth, well that's a well known fact even LH continues to state differently.

The truth behind pickup at the aircraft: well only if there are not to many RDS and no one to be driven to the plane, so if a car happens to be available.

But hey, what am I complaining about... LH said they have too many HONs, so why would anyone expect immaculat First Class service when they are keen to save money.

I can just warn anyone to go for this service. Come with low expections and be prepared to spend a lot of money for a mediocre service.

Or be desparate to show off.

Jan
Seems to be time for your monthly rant again ?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes

11.242 miles
I have to disappoint you. There are thousands, maybe millions, of M&M members who have got less. There are even many that don't even know they have HON miles.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: LH HON
You guys are taking all the fun out of it. I am actually looking forward to become HON. This is the first year I am close. Only 40k miles are missing. The qualifying flight will be LH492 to Vancouver on 30th of July.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 6:10 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
A "mine is smaller/shorter/cheaper than yours" thread
Old Jun 23, 2009, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mh492
You guys are taking all the fun out of it. I am actually looking forward to become HON. This is the first year I am close. Only 40k miles are missing. The qualifying flight will be LH492 to Vancouver on 30th of July.
Congratulations! Have fun with it!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:23 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
What are HON miles?

I am 7 hours from the next HONourable airport anyway.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:22 am

Jan,
why start a new thread everytime rather than just add your frustration to one of the earlier ones that you have started on the same topic. I think most of us regular posters have grasped that you are a tad disappointed by the HON package. That is absolutely fine - but do respect that others might not be inclined to share your opinion.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:51 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
What are HON miles?

I am 7 hours from the next HONourable airport anyway.
So a quick HON mileage run is not an option for you
Old Jun 24, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer

and close to 200k HON miles: 5.000 from E-Class flights, 195.000 from A/F/O Class flights.

Poor HONs....
How did you get HON miles for O Class?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:08 pm

Buy Business, fly First promo...these tickets were booked in O class with a C/D fare base.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by Tim2008
Buy Business, fly First promo...these tickets were booked in O class with a C/D fare base.
Is that promo gone ?

I have IAD-FRA-JNB coming up a few times this year.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: too many...
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Is that promo gone ?

I have IAD-FRA-JNB coming up a few times this year.
What happened to your deal with LH?

Greetings from Brisbane
JNBHEL
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
0 for this year, 309000 for last year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.