Adding FF Number to AI-coded LH Flight?

Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Adding FF Number to AI-coded LH Flight?

Hello, I'm constantly amazed at LH's C fares between FRA and BOM/BLR/MAA. They're consistently $2-$3K higher than BA's ex-LHR. So I was happy last week to find on Orbitz a $3k C return fare FRA-BLR on LH, codeshared with AI. The fare rules suggest that the fare is eligible to earn miles. I'm *A Gold (United 1K), if I want to get UA mileage credit, do I call LH and have them add the number?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
You wont be able to get points for this flight as AI is not a *A member yet...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: LH SEN
I got award miles on an AI flight from FRA to ORD and back. No status miles tho. Air India is listed as partner airline on the miles&more website.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Scoojitsu. Did you credit to M&M or another plan? If M&M is the only option, I would sign up for that program since I'll already pass 100K on MP anyway.

I'm surprised that AI's *A membership makes a difference here. I thought it was all based on who's operating the flight.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I'm only a member of M&M so that's the number I gave them and that's where the miles went.
It looks like this:

07/04/2009 Frankfurt-Chicago +2,166
AI127/AI127
Economy Class, V
08/04/2009 Chicago-Frankfurt +2,166
AI126/AI126
Economy Class, G

No idea why the amount is so low. But since it's award miles only and not status miles I don't care really.
But I have to add, I had to request the miles via the form and sending in the boarding passes. They didn't credit the miles automatically.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by schematic
Thanks Scoojitsu. Did you credit to M&M or another plan? If M&M is the only option, I would sign up for that program since I'll already pass 100K on MP anyway.

I'm surprised that AI's *A membership makes a difference here. I thought it was all based on who's operating the flight.
M&M is your only options as UA does not have any partnership agreement with AI (yet)...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 1:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, SPG PLATINUM, MR GOLD, AX CENTURION, etc.
Question

If I understand it correctly, the OPs flight will be on LH metal, booked under an AI flight no. So if applying the M&M rules, you should even get status miles and the exec. Bonus, if you were FTL, SEN or HON.

But I don't know if they make an execption if you are booked on a non star alliance member airline's flight no.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.