Wiki Posts
Search

FRA club access advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Question FRA club access advice needed!

I will be traveling to FRA from PHL in the very near future.

I will be booked as business class and have access to some of the available lounges.

Additionally, I will havea 4 hour layover prior to my connection for BUD.

I believe I will be arriving Term 1, gate A56 and departing A19 (not sure but I think so!).

Given that bit of detail, how difficult would it be to go to the new Welcome Lounge and get back in to the airport for the connection some time later?

Would it be better to use one of the business class lounges within the terminal and not have to deal with exiting and returning?

Any help/advice is appreciated and I thank you in advance!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by ddschur
I will be traveling to FRA from PHL in the very near future.

I will be booked as business class and have access to some of the available lounges.

Additionally, I will havea 4 hour layover prior to my connection for BUD.

I believe I will be arriving Term 1, gate A56 and departing A19 (not sure but I think so!).

Given that bit of detail, how difficult would it be to go to the new Welcome Lounge and get back in to the airport for the connection some time later?

Would it be better to use one of the business class lounges within the terminal and not have to deal with exiting and returning?

Any help/advice is appreciated and I thank you in advance!
As your inbound flight is not intercontinental, you will not have access to the Welcome Lounge. That lounge is only for intercontinental passengers (unless you are a HON).
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: LH SEN
Arriving from PHL you would have access to the Welcome Lounge. I do recommend the lounge, it's very nice and usually pretty empty.
If you don't want to leave the security area, you can also use the new tower lounge which has showers, too. Alot more people there tho.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: LH SEN
I made it to the Welcome lounge and back for my onward to MUC with a connection time less than yours. It is definitely worth the trek!

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sagorion
I made it to the Welcome lounge and back for my onward to MUC with a connection time less than yours. It is definitely worth the trek!

Cheers.
Can you/someone give me a better idea on what the "trek" is? based on my arrival and departure info above?

Thank you again!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
I just did a transfer in FRA (PDX-FRA-CDG) and went to the welcome lounge. Traveling in C there was no problem re-entering security to catch my outbound flight. The welcome lounge is very nice, great showers and a good food selection, I think there may have been 4 other people when I was there and the staff was excellent. They even offered to print my boarding pass for my connecting flight, so they know people are using the lounge who have connections, not just terminating flights in FRA.

I jotted down these directions when I was making the trek:

Welcome lounge out door B2 of baggage claim in B Hall, exit customs and turn right and it’s about 10 yards straight ahead. By airport exit door B6.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by ddschur
Can you/someone give me a better idea on what the "trek" is? based on my arrival and departure info above?

Thank you again!
Both gates are about 10 - 12 minutes from the Welcome Lounge.

Both gates are about 1/2 way out the A Terminal - and usually I would suggest - grab a small luaggage cart - and walk - instead of using the belts - you will know when you see them.

Arriving you go through immigration on the top level. Leave and take the long elevator to the arrivals level. Go through the baggage claim area head out through customs - and turn right outside the customs area. The Lounge is in the B Terminal area - a bit hidden behind the escalators going to the departure level - but easy to see if oyu are looking for it. Signage is good.

Back- walk back to A - tke the escalator up to A departure level and fight through security.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by neo16287
As your inbound flight is not intercontinental, you will not have access to the Welcome Lounge. That lounge is only for intercontinental passengers (unless you are a HON).
My apologies, I read your routing backwards! Arriving from PHL, you will have access, and I can personally vouch for its comfort. Sorry, writing a term paper and posting to FT should not be mixed; it scrambles your brains!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Thanx to all...it is much appreciated and I believe, based on the inputs, that a trip to the Welcome Lounge will happen!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.