Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do op-ups happen on LH/LX?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2009, 3:06 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Knut34
In addition I have noticed that on flights out of Germany I get good seats, whereas the non LH check in staff gives me just any seat like non status pax would get.
As a SEN you can have a seat pre-assigned even on a shorthaul European flight in Y. No need to wait until check-in.
Old May 31, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Goldpointsplus Gold Elite
This means I have to call the SEN hotline for this or this work automatically?
Old May 31, 2009, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
You need to call
Old May 31, 2009, 3:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You have to call the SEN hotline to reserve seats for now. I don't think it's possible at present to reserve seats during online booking of shorthaul Y flights.

LHrelate has told us in this thread that it will become possible for status pax to reserve "preferred" seats (i.e. those only available to status pax) during booking process on lh.com and also for "My Bookings" function, but I don't know if this new feature will also cover shorthaul Y seats. Let's hope it will!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: LH KL PC
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
just got an upgrade yesterday on LH to JNB. Managed to score an opup for my friend as well. And this on a 411usd tix ex zrh...
Same for me and my GF, we both got upped on the same flight as you. This on the mucho cheapo U class 500 CHF tix ex GVA. And we're both lowly FTLs.

No such luck on the return flight yesterday night, Y not oversold, there were a couple of free seats in the cabin, so we had to suck it up in the back...
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:38 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by ms1664
Same for me and my GF, we both got upped on the same flight as you. This on the mucho cheapo U class 500 CHF tix ex GVA. And we're both lowly FTLs.

No such luck on the return flight yesterday night, Y not oversold, there were a couple of free seats in the cabin, so we had to suck it up in the back...
So you were on the same flight? You should have reahd the lounge thread...or watched out for my FT luggage tag. We could have met for a quick drink.
Anyways, I didn't get an opup either on my flight back. Y was only half full, but as I've posted in the "SEN benefits on the plane" thread, we enjoyed a wonderful service.

(And I actually met the most beautiful FA I've ever met on a LH flight. She was a student in Berlin and working part time for LH, so approximately the same age as me )
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:43 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
(And I actually met the most beautiful FA I've ever met on a LH flight. She was a student in Berlin and working part time for LH, so approximately the same age as me )
Pictures to post?!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:43 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Pictures to post?!
Don't wanna go off-topic... I'll send you a PM

Actually, I need to tell you the story about that SQ Girl from last summer anyways....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.