Search

? - LHR LH lounge options after move to T1

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
? - LHR LH lounge options after move to T1

Hello,

sorry, if this question is already answered in this forum.

What lounge options will LH offer in LHR T1 starting in June?

Only the *A lounge for F-, C-tickets and SENs? Or will there be something for FTLs?
Like today in LHR T2 as there is a LH SEN and a LH Business lounge? Also for LX passengers interessting.

Thank you!

Best regards, taigatrommel
Old May 14, 2009, 1:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
An interesting question which I don't think has been answered.

There are threads in the BD forum about LHR T1 lounges including this one about the new BMI international lounge.

If this lounge is going to have the Business and DC (*G) sections, I suppose the Business section could be designated as a *S lounge. Does anyone have more information?
Old May 14, 2009, 1:48 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If this lounge is going to have the Business and DC (*G) sections, I suppose the Business section could be designated as a *S lounge. Does anyone have more information?
WRONG!

1. XX*S does not allow for access to *A lounges - it needs to be XX*G,
2. Some time ago, LH taken away from BD Silvers access to LH Business Lounges, so I would be very surprised to see BD allowing LH FTL's for access to BD lounges,
3. I might be wrong, but I believe LO allows their FTL's for access to the Star Lounge at T1 (and probable pays extra for this access), so maybe we will all end up at this not-so-big Star Lounge at T1 (that will become an overcrowded zoo called Star PREMIUM lounge).
Old May 14, 2009, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
1. XX*S does not allow for access to *A lounges - it needs to be XX*G,
Well, any *S wont do, but there's a chance FTL (which is still a *S) will do (if only to preserve the current situation).

Originally Posted by TPJ
2. Some time ago, LH taken away from BD Silvers access to LH Business Lounges, so I would be very surprised to see BD allowing LH FTL's for access to BD lounges,
Maybe the new shareholder structure will convince them.

Originally Posted by TPJ
3. I might be wrong, but I believe LO allows their FTL's for access to the Star Lounge at T1 (and probable pays extra for this access), so maybe we will all end up at this not-so-big Star Lounge at T1 (that will become an overcrowded zoo called Star PREMIUM lounge).
It does, at least according to their website. Requires an invitaion form ticketing/checkin.
Old May 14, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
BTW, are the showers in the new *G lounge now operational?
Last time I was there in FEB they were not. Which was a pain because I really needed that shower: ORD-IAD-LHR-LAX with a 5h layover in LHR...
Old May 14, 2009, 5:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
BTW, are the showers in the new *G lounge now operational?
Last time I was there in FEB they were not. Which was a pain because I really needed that shower: ORD-IAD-LHR-LAX with a 5h layover in LHR...
I feel sorry for your fellow passengers.

Best to ask the question in the BD forum - unless someone from that forum is lurking.
Old May 14, 2009, 6:19 am

Am lurking indeed, and the answer is yes. But, I was there 2 weeks ago and they were having water pressure issues, so they had shut them for the day. The attendant told me that it was only a temporary issue, though.
Old May 14, 2009, 9:50 am

We’re moving - Lufthansa will relocate to Terminal 1 in June!

From LH newsletter:
Due to the closing of Terminal 2 later this year, Lufthansa will move all its operations to Heathrow Terminal 1 on 16 June 2009. The recent refurbishment has transformed Terminal 1 into a more open, clean and simplified facility, with a new check-in area, baggage reclaim and arrivals concourse. You will enjoy shorter walking distances from kerbside to check-in and to the improved departure gate area. Our Star Alliance-branded check-in area is light and airy and has 17 check-in desks, 12 check-in machines and six quick bag drops to help speed up the overall check-in process.
No mention of lounges though. The problem has obviously been going on for months. I'll be there for the first time tomorrow (last time I passed through LHR T1 was the day before the lounge opened 10 months ago) but won't be needing a shower. A week later I would like to shower and hope they are operational.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
Originally Posted by ayeleswarapu
Am lurking indeed, and the answer is yes. But, I was there 2 weeks ago and they were having water pressure issues, so they had shut them for the day. The attendant told me that it was only a temporary issue, though.
Welcome to London, where only 70% of all water that went into the system reaches your tap.

I constantly have problems with the water here. Pressure is rather low and N
nowhere near as efficient as in Germany.
Old May 15, 2009, 7:59 am

Greetings from the LHR T1 *A lounge. Connecting from a domestic BD flight I seem to have skipped passport control and security. A nice lady at the reception told me to ignore the departure board as boarding for my NZ flight to LAX is announced far too early. Instead she will come and find me when it's time to go to the gate. Let's see if the system works.

BTW the lounge is pretty crowded but some may be refugees from T2.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 15, 2009 at 8:10 am
Old May 19, 2009, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Swiss have announced that FTL members can use the new bmi international lounge after the move to T1.

http://www.swiss.com/countries/GB/lo...ntry=GB&lang=1
Old May 19, 2009, 7:19 am

When I used to fly between Edinburgh and Frankfurt you could use the bmi lounge as an LH*S only if you were on the LH flight.

If your were going say EDI-LHR-FRA with the first leg on bmi, no access.
Old May 19, 2009, 7:57 am
hch

Pretty sad that SEN/HON are only allowed into the *A Business lounge. They waste money on an utterly useless PA service in LHR but can't even provide an upscale lounge.
Old May 19, 2009, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by hch
Pretty sad that SEN/HON are only allowed into the *A Business lounge. They waste money on an utterly useless PA service in LHR but can't even provide an upscale lounge.
Certainly it's not FCL/FCT standard but I'd say that the Star Alliance lounge is as good as the SEN lounges in FRA.
Old May 19, 2009, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Swiss have announced that FTL members can use the new bmi international lounge after the move to T1.
Interesting that LX will be outside the check-in zone used by LH, OS, LO, etc. and will also move to T1 on 11 June ahead of the other T2 *A carriers.

Originally Posted by allanhuk
Certainly it's not FCL/FCT standard but I'd say that the Star Alliance lounge is as good as the SEN lounges in FRA.
And will be just as crowded as the FRA SEN lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.