Using SEN eVouchers on other *A carriers

Old May 3, 2009, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hch
Did the itinerary touch the EU? In that case he is intitled to the quite hefty downgrade compensation from the EU passenger rights.
Not enough. If the operating carrier is not an EU carrier, the regulation only applies to flights from an EU airport.
Moreover, even if the itinerary originates in the EU and you are on the outbound, I do not think that the Reg would apply for a leg on a non-EU carrier between 2 non-EU airports. Oh the fun of trying to explain to the Air Pacific check-in agent in Nadi that you demand your EU reg entitlements due to the canx/downgrade of your Nadi-Suva flight...

Last edited by NickB; May 3, 2009 at 5:12 am
Old May 3, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NickB
..Moreover, even if the itinerary originates in the EU and you are on the outbound, I do not think that the Reg would apply for a leg on a non-EU carrier between 2 non-EU airports..
I am sure this is what AI, NZ, and their kin think as well.

A friend of mine was not transported by NZ on an intra-NewZealand flight because the agent was too blond to look up the ticket number - which he provided on a printout. As he bought the whole itin in Europe and originated from there, he demanded IDB compensation for the incident which resulted in him returning one day later.

The airline cited the above restriction but small claims court did not follow - the carrier 'buys' a liability by selling tix in Europe. As NZ did not appeal, it is hard to judge though what the scope of the pax rights is.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 2:51 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by weero
For the non-M&M *A carriers the fares need to be B,Y,D, or C.

Good for Biz->F upgrades. Coach to Biz only makes sense from carriers which have low bucket Bs such as SQ or OZ.
What class does it need to be booked in to use an eVoucher with LH/LX?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.