FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Status match (official promotion for Italian residents) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/948684-status-match-official-promotion-italian-residents.html)

Squerez Jun 16, 2009 4:10 am

Hi all, after having completed a round trip with LX I have been matched 4 days later from AZ Freccia Alata (Elite Plus) to LH Senator (A* Gold).
No 2 e-vouchers but only 1 with "nomina Senator" ("Senator nomination").

I just don't know if I will get my plastic card and eventually some baggage tags... Do you know if they will send it?
Anywhow now I have my second card with a A* Gold logo!
With 2 cards from A* and only one from ST I am slightly moving my flights to A*....

long legs Jun 20, 2009 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Squerez (Post 11914940)
I just don't know if I will get my plastic card and eventually some baggage tags... Do you know if they will send it?

Is there any reason why they shouldn't?

TravellinHusker Jun 20, 2009 4:58 am

I received my leather baggage tags, SEN card, and welcome kit on Tuesday in the mail. Pretty fast. Good example of German efficiency.

janne1 Jun 20, 2009 8:58 am

Finnair Plus

Originally Posted by Christobal (Post 11910684)
Do they have this for other countries as well?

http://milesandmore-aktionen.de/status/?cc=FI_EN

Also available in Finland until 31 August 2009.

nomad1974 Jun 23, 2009 3:38 am

I sent in the form 2-3 weeks ago, with a copy of my AFKL Flying Blue Platinum card. Since then, I have taken a return flight (4 segments) with LH. The flights and miles have been correctly credited to my account but my status is still showing as FTL. Any clues? Who do I contact? Or should I still wait a bit?

Squerez Jun 24, 2009 6:24 am

Originally Posted by long legs (Post 11939088)
Is there any reason why they shouldn't?

No, in fact I got my kit last week. Upgrade fully completed!

garethmorgan Jun 24, 2009 11:10 am

I did 2 legs last Tuesday and 2 more on Friday and my status changed today.

Interesting date shown on my status page

My current status: Senator

My status validity expires on: 28/00/2011

It also says "To extend your Senator status, you willl need to earn 97,000 additional status miles in 2009." I'm not sure when that extension would run from.

I also have 1 eVoucher labelled Senator nomination

malinche Jun 24, 2009 11:31 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974 (Post 11953564)
I sent in the form 2-3 weeks ago, with a copy of my AFKL Flying Blue Platinum card. Since then, I have taken a return flight (4 segments) with LH. The flights and miles have been correctly credited to my account but my status is still showing as FTL. Any clues? Who do I contact? Or should I still wait a bit?

are you registered as Italian resident or do you have PAR as residence? In the latter case, this would explain it...

josebabb Jun 27, 2009 1:59 pm

The promotion is also valid in Spain till the 31st of August 2009. I applied with my Flying Blue Platinum card some days ago. I have not received anything yet, but they have already changed my status in www.miles-and-more.com and they have given me 1 eVoucher. I have not made yet the the return flight they say that is necessary for the status match. Anyway I have 4 tickets booked with LH prior to the 31st of August and maybe they have checked that.

Regards,

Joseba

totti Jun 29, 2009 2:06 am

Originally Posted by josebabb (Post 11978651)
The promotion is also valid in Spain till the 31st of August 2009. I applied with my Flying Blue Platinum card some days ago. I have not received anything yet, but they have already changed my status in www.miles-and-more.com and they have given me 1 eVoucher. I have not made yet the the return flight they say that is necessary for the status match. Anyway I have 4 tickets booked with LH prior to the 31st of August and maybe they have checked that.

Regards,

Joseba

Welcome to Flyertalk and the M&M forum Joseba!

flying_student Jul 9, 2009 5:37 am

After you sent in the fax, did you a receive an e-mail/letter with a confirmation for qualifying for the promotion?

What were your experiences?

long legs Jul 9, 2009 8:23 am

I didn't receive any kind of confirmation.

MACH81 Jul 9, 2009 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by long legs (Post 12037989)
I didn't receive any kind of confirmation.

I called the other day and they said that after the 2 segments I'd have to fax in the 2 boarding passes. It seems that other were upgraded directly after the flights posted.

long legs Jul 9, 2009 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by MACH81 (Post 12040998)
I called the other day and they said that after the 2 segments I'd have to fax in the 2 boarding passes. It seems that other were upgraded directly after the flights posted.

After your flights, how long did you wait before you called?

garethmorgan Jul 10, 2009 3:46 am

I had no response to the faxed-in form, my status changed, without any contact from me, 8 days after my 2 legs and the pack arrived in Italy about 2 weeks later.