Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA - Which Business class lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELBABE
Can you comment on the breakfast selection? I have a 3 hour layover coming up in the A.M. shortly and am *G.
Originally Posted by mh492
If you come in on a LH operated longhaul flight, then you should try the new Welcome Lounge. Pretty good breakfast food. It is outside the terminal, but with 3 hours you have enough time.
You have to arrive in C or F to use the Welcome Lounge (unless you are FTL, SEN or HON). *G arriving in Y cannot use the Welcome Lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:02 am

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
So as a *G flying in Y on US, it is my understanding I have access to the Senator & Business lounges but not the Tower and Welcome. Can anyone confirm?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by gkl

You have to go through passport-control to non-schengen before accessing the lounge. You can use the same way going back into schengen
Is there any problem with that since your destination is not non-Schengen?
Btw - welcome to FT!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
So as a *G flying in Y on US, it is my understanding I have access to the Senator & Business lounges but not the Tower and Welcome. Can anyone confirm?
The Tower Lounge is a Business lounge and *G with a *A BP should have access. No access to the Welcome Lounge, though.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:34 am

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but can someone enlighten me as to this "schengen" and "non-schengen" business?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but can someone enlighten me as to this "schengen" and "non-schengen" business?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Thanks so much. Very interesting.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:54 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by filip
Is there any problem with that since your destination is not non-Schengen?
Btw - welcome to FT!
thanks!
The tower lounge is just about 5 meters behind the passport-control, so I think it would be ok if you tell the officer, that you just want to use the lounge, as long as you have a valid passport, that should not be a problem to leave the Schengen area.

I was just passed through without questions from the german officer, but that usually happens to me with a EU-passport at the EU-border. It´s not the task of the local officer to check if you have valid documents for your destination, it´s just "Ausreise" ("leaving of schengen"). Immigration happens at your final destination, or when going back into Schengen after the lounge visit. Then I was asked where I was going to, but the german officer seemed not to care about my answer (EU-Passport )
Old May 1, 2009, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
any lounges offer comp. internet besides F lounges

i tried searching for the answer i need but its not clear. i know the FCT and first class lounge offers complimentary internet and information somewhere hidden here says there are internet terminals in the business lounges. i wonder what is the practice like nowadays in both the senator lounges as well as the business lounges. specifically, if tehre complimentary wi-fi or sufficient internet computers. is there also any printing facilities?
danka
Old May 1, 2009, 3:50 pm
hch

Originally Posted by trekkie
i tried searching for the answer i need but its not clear. i know the FCT and first class lounge offers complimentary internet and information somewhere hidden here says there are internet terminals in the business lounges. i wonder what is the practice like nowadays in both the senator lounges as well as the business lounges. specifically, if tehre complimentary wi-fi or sufficient internet computers. is there also any printing facilities?
danka
All SEN lounges have free wifi if you're HON or have a F BP

I guess that's not really what you were looking for

Also most SEN lounges have free internet terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.