Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are 49€ singles real?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Are 49€ singles real?

Hello all, maybe this has also been asked before, but search led to no result. LH has since a long time promoted its 99€ returns in Europe. Since a few weeks they have changed it to say its now ''from 49€/single''. So I tried out a few today, starting from DUS-but they all led to flexible and very high fares, more as the cheapest returns. I think that LH adheres to the EU-rules that state ''if you advertise it, it must be available''-even in small numbers, so maybe any one of you has found out the trick or way to get those?
BTW; would the 99€ returns also apply to open jaws (return from same country)?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
On certain city pairs, you can get cheap E class tickets on a one-way basis. One example I know of is STR-LON and LON-STR.

Open jaws are possible with all E fares I have seen.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:01 am

Programs: LH HON
i just booked a o/w NUE-DUS in T for 44 + tax (resulting in 89 euros).

not 49 but still much cheaper than at the times were only full fares were available for oneway-travel.

cheers

ben
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:18 pm

Seems to be real:
HAM-LHR, 24/05/09, 42.41 Euro
Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:46 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Discounted one-way fares were only introduced where competition forced LH to do so. This includes most routes to the UK and some other European main runs.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by thaifly
Hello all, maybe this has also been asked before, but search led to no result. LH has since a long time promoted its 99€ returns in Europe. Since a few weeks they have changed it to say its now ''from 49€/single''. So I tried out a few today, starting from DUS-but they all led to flexible and very high fares, more as the cheapest returns. I think that LH adheres to the EU-rules that state ''if you advertise it, it must be available''-even in small numbers, so maybe any one of you has found out the trick or way to get those?
BTW; would the 99€ returns also apply to open jaws (return from same country)?
Those 49€ fares are real. You just have to search a little on certain routes. Naturally you won't have access to E fares on all days / times / routes. E.g. getting an E class fare on Monday's LH4802 may be considered difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.