Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Ticket for relative living in Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Buying Ticket for relative living in Europe?

Hi,

I am visiting my cousin studying in Italy over the Easter weekend. I am looking at the possiblity of purchasing a ticket for my other cousin whom lives in Lithuania to join us in Italy.

Does any one have experiences with one person purchasing a ticket on Lufthansa for another person with travel originating and ending in Europe?

I would pay for it on my credit card, but the ticket / travler would be another person...going from Vilnius(VNO), Lithuania to Turin/Torino(TRN), Italy.

Can anyone share their experiences?

Thanks in advance Angust.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Why should that be a problem? I do this all the time

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; Mar 28, 2009 at 11:48 pm
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN
If you have a M&M account, log in and, as you are purchasing the ticket, there'll the option of buying for yourself or somebody else.
But since your cousin is neither in Germany nor going to Germany, you may just search on Expedia and find a variety of routes and airlines. Lufthansa is hardly the cheapest option anyway.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:38 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by MariaSF
If you have a M&M account, log in and, as you are purchasing the ticket, there'll the option of buying for yourself or somebody else.
But since your cousin is neither in Germany nor going to Germany, you may just search on Expedia and find a variety of routes and airlines. Lufthansa is hardly the cheapest option anyway.
That's true. On the other hand, the OP is likely flying in on a connection by the way of MUC or FRA and for the last leg, they could fly into Italy on the same flight.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Unfortunately last night when I did look on Expedia Kayak and a few other places Lufthansa came up as the cheapest ticket into Turino.

I did look at a second option of trying to fly my cousin into Milan(MXP) and then meet ground transport to Torino. Going this route I was able to find a flight or two on LOT for around $350. Then a bus can run to Torino for about 20 Euros. Not so bad for a last minute trip I believe.

Thanks for your input.

PS, I am not a Miles and more member, but a UA wanta be soon 1K once all the flights and DEQM take place, currently holding a NW gold
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Angust
Unfortunately last night when I did look on Expedia Kayak and a few other places Lufthansa came up as the cheapest ticket into Turino. soon 1K once all the flights and DEQM take place, currently holding a NW gold
try this one: www.fly.de (its in German, but nothing bablefish can't handle)

lets you book tickets from anywhere in the world to anywhere with open jaw if you like and you can book for another person. Done this before, so speaking from experience...
Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:21 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Not an issue at all. I even purchased TG tickets using my friend's credit card despite big warning in red letters on the webpage saying that the one who pays must be one of the travellers. In this case, I just ask a friend of mine to send me a letter saying "I, XXX, hereby confirm that YYY had my permission to use my visa credit card (number) for the ticket (number of the ticket) for the routing A-B-C on this and this day". He then attaches the copy of the front page of his passport and voila - no more questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.