The (very) unhappy HON thread…

Old Mar 27, 09, 12:04 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
The (very) unhappy HON thread…

A few weeks ago I posted my negative experiences with HON circle. I found that a lot of other HON’s share my frustration with all these enhancements. For me the worst is that I tied myself to LH for two years to make the threshold. Then I get the status and with it letters from LH management telling me that some of the benefits will be revoked within then next few months.

Some posters said I should stop complaining and get on with live… Well I have. At the same time I will keep posting my experiences here, to help people make a proper decision if they really want to move their business to LH in order to make HON just to get them taken away. (An LH seems to continue with this; I just found the thread about the LHR PA…)

I think that sharing info and experiences is what a forum is about. Not just social happiness and we love each other. Or writing what some people would like to hear. But sharing information and helping each other to make the right decisions. LH’s HON Circle Service demands a premium price and delivers a mediocre service. And as long as they continue with this I think people should know.

On several occasions I complained to the LH about:

- no PA’s
- no pick up on short connect
- no FCT access anymore
- no 50% bonus
- deterioration of booking guarantee
- no seat blocking
- no baggage priority
and so on and so on and so on.

I find these deficiencies far form "first class". And I wouldn't complain if it were single occurences. And the cheekiest part of LH’s Marketing is to tell HON’s that this is what they asked for, e.g. in the case of the 50% bonus reduction.

@weero: At least someone who recognised my name. Thank you. Though I thought about changing it to GLORIA HONCIRCULI as in “SIC TRANSIT GLORIA HONCIRCULI”.

My best

Last edited by gloria_mundi; Mar 27, 09 at 4:28 pm
gloria_mundi is offline  
Old Mar 27, 09, 12:40 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CPT
Programs: LH, SA, AA
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by gloria_mundi View Post
@weero: At least someone who recognised my name. Thank you. Though I thought about changing it to GLORIA HONCIRCULUS as in “SIC TRANSIT GLORIA HONCIRCULUS” (is that genitive of circulus?)

My best
Circuli that would be.
capetonian is offline  
Old Mar 27, 09, 4:27 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by capetonian View Post
Circuli that would be.
And you are right. Thanks
gloria_mundi is offline  
Old Mar 27, 09, 5:12 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SZG
Posts: 3,936
Originally Posted by gloria_mundi View Post
- no PA’s
where?

- no pick up on short connect
again, where?! always worked for me in FRA, MUC, VIE and ZRH

- no FCT access anymore
i agree its pretty bad when connecting to a B schengen gate but in all other cases, no problem at all

- no 50% bonus
its been like this quiet a while and if i remember correctly the choice was 750k threshold or exec bonus reduction to 25%

- deterioration of booking guarantee
how so?!

- no seat blocking
thats a myth!

- no baggage priority
works like a charm on many airports around the globe. there is of course some where it doesnt work but thats the same for every *G



in the end, if you want to find something to complain about you always will. i'm certainly not happy with some of the "features" but for me its still the best program out there...
sentom is offline  
Old Mar 31, 09, 1:23 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
where?
CPT, LHR, GVA, LAX, JFK, IAD(AFAIRC)
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
again, where?! always worked for me in FRA, MUC, VIE and ZRH
FRA, FRA, FRA and FRA
Originally Posted by sentom View Post

i agree its pretty bad when connecting to a B schengen gate but in all other cases, no problem at all
Well, as it is one of THE MAIN features of the program...
Originally Posted by sentom View Post

its been like this quiet a while and if i remember correctly the choice was 750k threshold or exec bonus reduction to 25%
When I qualified for the program the threshold was 600k and 50%. So LH effectively took away approx 100k points from me...
Originally Posted by sentom View Post

how so?!
Was: Business and Economy
Is: C/D and Y


Originally Posted by sentom View Post

thats a myth!
On the check in screen you will see a cross next to the seat occupied. This can be overridden by another check-in agent.
In one case LH went a long way to get an occupied seat freed up again because seatblocking hadn't worked.

Originally Posted by sentom View Post


works like a charm on many airports around the globe. there is of course some where it doesnt work but thats the same for every *G
HAM, DUS, FRA, CGN. As this is home base, the rate should be close to 100%, where in fact it is closer to 20%. Not good enogh.

Originally Posted by sentom View Post

in the end, if you want to find something to complain about you always will. i'm certainly not happy with some of the "features" but for me its still the best program out there...
Well, I agree, if some things don't work. If it doesn't, on a regular basis, it is not. With a First Class program, and with this kind of threshold I expect it to work close to 100%, not below 50.
gloria_mundi is offline  
Old Mar 31, 09, 2:22 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SZG
Posts: 3,936
Originally Posted by gloria_mundi View Post
CPT, LHR, GVA, LAX, JFK, IAD(AFAIRC)
JNB, BKK, NRT, KIX, ICN, LAX, EWR, JFK, SFO all worked for me in the past six months

Well, as it is one of THE MAIN features of the program...
as SOG posted in another thread, this seems to be history. i woulnd't call the FCT THE MAIN feature of the program though...

When I qualified for the program the threshold was 600k and 50%. So LH effectively took away approx 100k points from me...
so you would have prefered the 750k option?!

Was: Business and Economy
Is: C/D and Y
so it was business and economy and now it is business and economy!?

In one case LH went a long way to get an occupied seat freed up again because seatblocking hadn't worked.
so you had someone else kicked out of the seat next to you!? nice...

btw, everybody here (except weero ) knows how seatblocking works. i was refering to this thread...

HAM, DUS, FRA, CGN. As this is home base, the rate should be close to 100%, where in fact it is closer to 20%. Not good enogh.
in FRA i personaly never had my lugagge come out first...

then again if one travels enough to get to HON, one should know that this kind of service is mostly hit or miss, with any airline on any airport...
sentom is offline  
Old Mar 31, 09, 4:59 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Eurozone
Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Posts: 2,868
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
so you had someone else kicked out of the seat next to you!? nice...

btw, everybody here (except weero ) knows how seatblocking works. i was refering to this thread...
Hate that eye-rolling icon--so needlessly disrespectful. She didn't have someone else kicked out of a seat; she simply insisted that a known benefit be extended to her. Good for her. It's not her fault that LH personnel are overriding the system and destroying the benefit. Maybe they're learn when enough members insist just as she did.

Anyway, you've made your point; you're happy. Point noted. I say allow her hers, as long as it's factual.

Last edited by Grog; Mar 31, 09 at 5:06 pm
Grog is offline  
Old Mar 31, 09, 5:29 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SZG
Posts: 3,936
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Hate that eye-rolling icon--so needlessly disrespectful.
but insisting on others being reseated isnt disrespectful?!

She didn't have someone else kicked out of a seat;
interesting! so what does the following mean then in your opinion!?

...to get an occupied seat freed up again because seatblocking hadn't worked...
obviously someone had this seat before

she simply insisted that a known benefit be extended to her.
please show us where it says seatblocking is an official SEN/HON perk!?

Anyway, you've made your point; you're happy. Point noted. I say allow her hers, as long as it's factual.
right!
sentom is offline  
Old Apr 1, 09, 1:16 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,916
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
JNB, BKK, NRT, KIX, ICN, LAX, EWR, JFK, SFO all worked for me in the past six months
A bit silly to argue on the basis of anecdotal evidence. It didn't work for Gloria, and that's the only fact of interest to him. Her.

Now MY anecdotal evidence comes from travelling in the slipstream of an HON colleague. I was mortified for him that there as no car to meet us at FRA, and have felt guilty to this day that maybe SEN-contamination spoiled things for him.
IAN-UK is offline  
Old Apr 1, 09, 4:36 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: FRA
Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Posts: 4,213
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Now MY anecdotal evidence comes from travelling in the slipstream of an HON colleague. I was mortified for him that there as no car to meet us at FRA, and have felt guilty to this day that maybe SEN-contamination spoiled things for him.
When I travel with a colleague I make either sure in the morning (upon departure at the FCT for the same day return), or during checkin for example in ZRH, that they please arrange for a second person limo pickup at FRA. Worked 100% so far and they even add the name of my colleague to the drivers list. ^

I must say, after some introduction problems in the beginning the apron limo pickup then worked like a charme, 100% hit for me. ^
SleepOverGreenland is offline  
Old Apr 1, 09, 4:40 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: FRA
Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Posts: 4,213
Originally Posted by gloria_mundi View Post
- no PA’s
As for the last 12 month I went once or more often to LAX, SFO, MIA, MCO, ATL, IAD, NRT, BKK and had a 100% PA success. If I have to share a PA with another HON (like in IAD), that is okay with me. For SFO I usually decline PA service, because it is almost always empty anyway. But the one time immigration was occupied the PA service worked fine as well.
SleepOverGreenland is offline  
Old Apr 1, 09, 11:50 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
please show us where it says seatblocking is an official SEN/HON perk!?
Ask any gate agent. But you are right: it is not a published ("official") one. That doesn't matter, though. I have been on a smaller plane with two seats on each side and I was the only person (and the only HON) for that matter, with someone next to him. I have alse prechecked in on a middle seat.

In those cases I did't feel like the "most values customer"...
HombreDeLasNubes is offline  
Old Apr 1, 09, 12:06 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SZG
Posts: 3,936
Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes View Post
In those cases I did't feel like the "most values customer"...
so if LH sells all the seats and someone sits next to you, you also dont feel like a most valued customer?!

seatblocking is not an official perk, so whats there to complain about!? its nice to have when it works, and for me it does frequently. but if it doesn't, well... get on with life, its not the end of the world.
sentom is offline  
Old Apr 1, 09, 12:09 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
As for the last 12 month I went once or more often to LAX, SFO, MIA, MCO, ATL, IAD, NRT, BKK and had a 100% PA success. If I have to share a PA with another HON (like in IAD), that is okay with me. For SFO I usually decline PA service, because it is almost always empty anyway. But the one time immigration was occupied the PA service worked fine as well.
We seem to participate in different programs. My statistics from the last six months:
LAX: 2 no-shows out of 3
SFO: 2 no-shows out of 2
MIA: 1 no-shows out of 2

Not acceptable...

My guess: you're flying First and take away my PA's... ;-)
gloria_mundi is offline  
Old Apr 1, 09, 12:13 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SZG
Posts: 3,936
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
A bit silly to argue on the basis of anecdotal evidence.
its also silly to pretend nothing out of the HON program ever works while posting simply wrong information at the same time. while i had two incidents in the last 16 months where pickup didnt work (one in VIE and one in FRA) i find it hard to believe that the op never had any PA, any car pick up and the lugagge came out late 8 out of 10 times...
sentom is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: