Which FRA lounge to use on BOS (F) FRA (C) MUC connection?

Old Mar 18, 09, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Which FRA lounge to use on BOS (F) FRA (C) MUC connection?

I tried reading through all the recent FCT and FCL B threads, but which FRA lounge to use on BOS (F) FRA (C) MUC connection?

It seems the 05:25 from BOS recently tends to arrive at the A51-65 gates (3rd floor) and MUC at 09:05 leaves from the 2nd floor A gates.

I am aiming to maximize day room snooze and shower time. I assume the best option is the FCL A lounge. Any feedback or tips would be much appreciated? I am hoping to get a duck too - do they have those in the FCL A. I miss the BOS to MUC direct having F.

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 09, 3:05 pm

Programs: LH (*gold) / EK / Flying Blue / BMI (*silver)
Originally Posted by speedytimmy View Post
I tried reading through all the recent FCT and FCL B threads, but which FRA lounge to use on BOS (F) FRA (C) MUC connection?

It seems the 05:25 from BOS recently tends to arrive at the A51-65 gates (3rd floor) and MUC at 09:05 leaves from the 2nd floor A gates.

I am aiming to maximize day room snooze and shower time. I assume the best option is the FCL A lounge. Any feedback or tips would be much appreciated? I am hoping to get a duck too - do they have those in the FCL A. I miss the BOS to MUC direct having F.

Thanks
Yes, FCL at A (3rd floor, after clearing immigration) should be the best one for you. And yes - they have the little duck too, at least most times.
Old Mar 18, 09, 3:42 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=speedytimmy;11433585]

I assume the best option is the FCL A lounge.
Yup-- that's what your research tends to indicate-- A FCL. As far as transfers in FRA go, this one qualifies as pretty painless. I don't know what time the A FCL opens, however.
Old Mar 18, 09, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

FCL A open from 5:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. According to the LH website, the "The First Class Lounge in gate area A at Terminal 1 is open for you from 5:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m."
Old Mar 18, 09, 9:48 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
BOS-MUC is getting 1st class back soon speedytimmy. March 29 or so if I remember.
Old Mar 18, 09, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

^ to BOS to MUC going back to F. Any tips on getting from A gates on level 3 at FRA to A FCL? LH website really lacks instructions for passengers in transit, especially in premium class cabins.

Does A FCL have security screening and passport control like MUC?
Old Mar 18, 09, 11:24 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
@:-)@:-)@:-)

Does A FCL have security screening and passport control like MUC?
No, FRA FCLs haven't this feature.
Old Mar 19, 09, 12:59 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. According to the LH website, the "The First Class Lounge in gate area A at Terminal 1 is open for you from 5:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m."
Looks like yout can open the lounge that day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: