Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lufthansa Tower Lounge with Panoramic Views Opens in Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
New Lufthansa Tower Lounge with Panoramic Views Opens in Frankfurt

Lufthansa First and Business Class transit passengers as well as customers with Hon Circle, Senator or frequent traveler status will enjoy a unique view at the end of March at Frankfurt Airport. With the opening of the new Tower Lounge in departures area A above gate 65, the customary amenities will be offered to lounge guests in addition to, but also an unusual ambience right beneath the new apron tower, with spacious panoramic windows allowing a spectacular view of the tarmac.

On a floor area of 11,800 square feet, big enough for up to 288 guests, the Tower Lounge is equipped with an array of amenities for guests to enjoy the time at the airport prior to their flight. In a large comfort area, deep leather armchairs invite lounge visitors to sit back and relax while viewing the apron traffic through the huge glass façade. In the bistro area, drinks and a variety of savory snacks are awaiting lounge guests at the buffet: a soup of the day, for example, and a choice of warm or cold sandwiches. Guests who want to get in some work before departure can retreat to one of the individual workstations. Apart from WLAN access throughout the lounge, the workstations are equipped with complimentary Internet PCs, a fax and copy machine, credit card payphones and power points to re-charge mobile devices. Five modern and refreshing showers are also available.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:48 am

its going to replace the C and SEN lounge near gate A51

sounds like a nice addition though! ^

here is a link to the german press release
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
Hoping someone can clarify for me how "transit passengers" is defined for purposes of accessing this lounge...

If I am flying LAX-FRA-MUC and then returning MUC-FRA-LAX (business class both ways), will I be able to access the lounge on the inbound flight, the outbound flight, or both?

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:52 am
hch

Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
Hoping someone can clarify for me how "transit passengers" is defined for purposes of accessing this lounge...

If I am flying LAX-FRA-MUC and then returning MUC-FRA-LAX (business class both ways), will I be able to access the lounge on the inbound flight, the outbound flight, or both?
I can't find the term in "transit passenger" in any lounge access rule. Assuming the new

You're on a LH business class flight so you can access the lounge. For a FRA-LAX leaving from A gates (which is always did when I was on it) you want to use the new Tower lounge. If it leaves from the C gates you want to use the SEN lounge there. For FRA-MUC you could also use it, but it would be much smarter to first clear immigration and use the downstairs SEN lounge two levels below it.

Now if your FRA-LAX is on United you should still be alowed in the lounge if it is a designed *G lounge. While that fact is not mentioned in the press release I would be very surprised if it isn't.

Last edited by hch; Mar 17, 2009 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hch
I can't find the term in "transit passenger" in any lounge access rule.
I don't know where the OP got the text from but the English version of the press release does not mention "transit passengers".

Lufthansa First and Business-Class passengers as well as customers with Hon Circle, Senator or frequent traveller status will enjoy a unique perspective at the end of March at Frankfurt airport: It comes on stream with the opening of the new Tower Lounge in Departures area A above gate 65.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:30 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sentom
its going to replace the C and SEN lounge near gate A51

sounds like a nice addition though! ^

here is a link to the german press release
Last time I paid a visit to the A51 SEN lounge, it was a real dive.

A win for UA travelers as well.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I usually use the SEN lounge near A26... which is pretty dismal (esp. in comparison to the new lounge in JFK or even the SAS lounge in EWR).

Hopefully this will be a big improvement!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by econprof
I usually use the SEN lounge near A26... which is pretty dismal (esp. in comparison to the new lounge in JFK or even the SAS lounge in EWR).

Hopefully this will be a big improvement!
The SEN lounge near A26 is Schengen. I believe the new Tower Lounge above A65 is non-Schengen.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Will WLAN finally be free in this lounge?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Richey66
What are you thinking!

LH is a fool's service carrier!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
..does not mention "transit passengers..
Does that mean it is not a *G lounge then ?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Good one! ^
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
If you have a T-mobile hotspot flatrate YES!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for posting the information. I am looking forward to see what it'll be like.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Isn't the A65 lounge the replacement for the A51 lounge that will be closed during the construction of new A0 gate area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.