Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lufthansa Tower Lounge with Panoramic Views Opens in Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Question Senator? Tower? Something else?

I've been reading up on Frankfurt lounges for 20 minutes and am totally confused.

I'm arriving in Frankfurt tomorrow morning from Mumbai on Lufthansa. I have a 3-4 hour layover, then I fly to EWR on CO. I've done the 'take the train into the city' thing before and don't want to bother on this trip.

I'm flying coach but am CO Plat/*G.

Which lounges can I get into, and which one SHOULD I get into? I'd like a shower, a snack, and power/internet access, preferably at a workstation.

Thanks,

Truly
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: UA-2P .94 MM, AF-S, AA Beggars Class .6 , DL .18, LH-Bier, HH-Gold, Hertz 5*
Beep

Its a nice place, but its almost always packed.

Hard to find a seat.

Staff has to boogy to keep it clean

LH folks redirected me there as a *G
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by uaflyer64
Its a nice place, but its almost always packed
Which one?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Truly
I'm arriving in Frankfurt tomorrow morning from Mumbai on Lufthansa. I have a 3-4 hour layover, then I fly to EWR on CO. I've done the 'take the train into the city' thing before and don't want to bother on this trip.

Which lounges can I get into, and which one SHOULD I get into? I'd like a shower, a snack, and power/internet access, preferably at a workstation.
Tomorrow's LH757 is expected to arrive at C15, though the same flight arrived at a B gate and B bus gate on the previous two days. Your flight to EWR is likely to depart from an A gate.

Your lounge options are:
  • SEN lounge in B
  • SEN lounge in A (but this is non-Schengen and you need to go through immigration)
  • Tower Lounge in A (this is a Business lounge but most convenient for your departure gate)
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:56 am

Thanks for the quick response. If you had your choice, which would you go to?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Hard to say. I've never been to any of the lounges in the morning.

Find someone travelling on your flight from BOM in F or C or who has M&M status and ask to be invited into the Welcome Lounge as a guest assuming you don't need a visa to enter Germany.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by uaflyer64
Its a nice place, but its almost always packed.

Hard to find a seat.

Staff has to boogy to keep it clean

LH folks redirected me there as a *G
The fact that it is always packed, makes it not 'a nice place.' Other than the FCLs, LH lounge options at Frankfurt are an embarrassment. I understand that there is construction going on, but this problem has existed since long before the construction. I flew BA last summer, and while I was frustrated with LHR design, the BA lounges are excellent. LH should look to BA as an example in this regard.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:22 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Hard to say. I've never been to any of the lounges in the morning.

Find someone travelling on your flight from BOM in F or C or who has M&M status and ask to be invited into the Welcome Lounge as a guest assuming you don't need a visa to enter Germany.
I agree : Welcome Lounge is much better than overcrowded Tower or Sen Lounges
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: UA-2P .94 MM, AF-S, AA Beggars Class .6 , DL .18, LH-Bier, HH-Gold, Hertz 5*
Which one?
Lufthansa "Tower Lounge" Terminal A; Level 3 (Non Schengen); access at Gate A65

Considering there are eight *G lounges for Lufthansa at FRA
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by You want to go where?
I understand that there is construction going on, but this problem has existed since long before the construction.

The construction work includes the construction of new lounges. I know the new lounges are not coming along quickly enough but at least there have been some improvements.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Loung...on%20t#ancAbT1
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Loung...Busine#ancAbT0

The closure of the RCC and CO joining *A hasn't helped. Just wait until AI joins *A.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Marin 1K
I was there on Saturday morning connecting from TXL to LH454, and it was packed. My most significant comment is that when I decided that it was time to leave to go to my gate, I found a line of 20-30 people waiting to take one of the two small elevators down to the gate level. This of course led to the inevitable people who physically pushed past people in line to jump into the elevator. The lounge itself was nothing flash, sort of a mix of Business and Senator lounges; I would say it's a downgrade from Senator lounges.
I was just there and found it completely packed and this elevator situation was ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The elevators at the Tower Lounge are the real madness !!
Agreed, wholeheartedly!

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I'm quite disappointed in this lounge since essentially it is a step down from a SEN lounge for those who have access. I'm shocked LH would push all their premium US bound pax into one cramped lounge. As for the elevators. In addition to being slow I'm convinced they pump enough heat in there to warm Antarctica not to mention those bright stage lights they have on.
Elevators really, really suck, especially when the lounge is full.

What happens if there's a fire?

I've been reading up on Frankfurt lounges for 20 minutes and am totally confused.

Thanks,

Truly
Tomorrow's LH757 is expected to arrive at C15, though the same flight arrived at a B gate and B bus gate on the previous two days. Your flight to EWR is likely to depart from an A gate.
LH757/23 Jun got tarmac'ed...but brought into a B area, without access to the B lounge for some reason - I gather FRA wants everyone to be screened nowadays, and is separating all pax when they arrive into FRA - or perhaps I took a wrong turn somewhere...

I was anyway trying to go landside.

Our EWR flight (not the CO one) went out of the A gate - 65 to be exact.

Never seen a CO a/c at A, but I never get there early enough for the CO flight departure.

Your lounge options are:
  • SEN lounge in B
  • SEN lounge in A (but this is non-Schengen and you need to go through immigration)
  • Tower Lounge in A (this is a Business lounge but most convenient for your departure gate)
I would go for the B concourse *G/Senator lounge - much better option than A, and also no hassle of clearing immigration - unless you want to go landside.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What happens if there's a fire?
There are stairs for use in emergency.

LH757/23 Jun got tarmac'ed...but brought into a B area, without access to the B lounge for some reason - I gather FRA wants everyone to be screened nowadays, and is separating all pax when they arrive into FRA - or perhaps I took a wrong turn somewhere...
Even if you arrive at a B gate you will have to go through security to enter the B departure area including the B lounges.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:54 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
There are stairs for use in emergency.

Even if you arrive at a B gate you will have to go through security to enter the B departure area including the B lounges.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Now the ridiculous screening at BRU I had to endure earlier is a reality in FRA too, so might as well fly on 9w...
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Now the ridiculous screening at BRU I had to endure earlier is a reality in FRA too, so might as well fly on 9w...
Blame the EU. Unlike UK airports, German airports haven't been built to segregate international arriving pax from departing pax.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:45 am

I ended up going to the Tower lounge.

They asked to see my *G card downstairs. There was a line to show the card. Then there were the ridiculous elevators. I didn't understand what all you FlyerTalkers were complaining about until I actually experienced them. Really, really ridiculous.

The lounge was indeed packed, and there was indeed a wait for the showers (45mn or so) but it was worth it, the showers were really nice. Immaculately cleaned (even dried off!) between uses. Plenty of towels.

Thanks again everyone for all the advice!

Truly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.