FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH to fit PrivateAir BJs with Y seat section (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/932407-lh-fit-privateair-bjs-y-seat-section.html)

f4free Mar 15, 2009 1:15 pm

LH to fit PrivateAir BJs with Y seat section

From flightglobal.com:

"Lufthansa to fit PrivatAir business jets with economy cabin"

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...h-economy.html

Summary: 2 jets to get 60 y seats, with c down to 32 seats. Eligibly for middle east routes like Bahrain, Dammann.

Obviously a sign that loads in C-class are down considerably.

NA-Flyer Mar 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Quite strange to see LH sending such aircraft to city like Dammam, which has ARAMCO the biggest oil company in the world and most of its executives used to fly only First class and business class.

It is a depressing sign how the world economy is doing badly.

debbieb Mar 15, 2009 2:43 pm

I just got back from a trip to India, flew PrivateAir FRA-PNQ. On our flight to India on 2/27, there were only about 8 people on the plane! Coming back yesterday, it was probably 3/4 full. It was OK, but not near as nice as the 767 business class I flew on United IAD-FRA.

SenAOI Mar 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by debbieb (Post 11417966)
I just got back from a trip to India, flew PrivateAir FRA-PNQ. On our flight to India on 2/27, there were only about 8 people on the plane! Coming back yesterday, it was probably 3/4 full. It was OK, but not near as nice as the 767 business class I flew on United IAD-FRA.

My two cents: once Private Air, but never Private Air again. With or without Y cabin.
Salve Luigi

SFTNYC Mar 16, 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by SenAOI (Post 11418084)
My two cents: once Private Air, but never Private Air again. With or without Y cabin.
Salve Luigi

My one privatair experience was a saturday MUC-BOS on the BBJ2 (737-800). There were 9 of us on the plane. It was very nice in that regard and probably the closest to being on a private jet that I will ever come. The cabin service was similar to LH, very attentive and quick given the low number of passengers. My experience would surely have been very different if the flight were full.

The seats are certainly not as nice as LH C. It is not as adjustable (it has only 2 buttons for up and down. You can stop it between full up and full down, but that's it. The backrest, tilt of the bottom cushion and legrest cannot be controlled individually.)

The separate entertainment unit is annoying. I was able to watch during the meal by placing it on the table of the empty seat next to me, but again if the flight were full this would not have been possible.

The whole experience did have some novelty value, but I think I will stick to regular LH C. The only problem to BOS in the winter is the timing, the flight from FRA leaves at 10:30AM (too early), MUC leaves much later at 3:30PM.

Triple3 Mar 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Salve Luigi

Seconded. Despite having lower quality seats and being slower a lot of Private Air flights have a horrible schedule... thinking of the FRA-DXB one.

Rambuster Mar 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by LH/LX (Post 11417729)
Quite strange to see LH sending such aircraft to city like Dammam, which has ARAMCO the biggest oil company in the world and most of its executives used to fly only First class and business class.

It is a depressing sign how the world economy is doing badly.

You think Saudi Aramco executives are now flying in Y ?
I doubt it ! Vendors visiting them on the other hand: probably !

testero Mar 17, 2009 3:27 am

Salve Luigi

Why? Fastest possible boarding within 10 minutes, very attentive service and an exclusive feeling with having no Y class in that bird (until now).

Considering the noise and the not 100% comfortable seat I would agree if LH puts an Y class on these planes. In that case: Keep out of Private Air.