Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 miles short for award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:38 am
Original Poster

3000 miles short for award ticket

Hello, my girlfriend account is short of 3200 miles. Is there any way how to get some miles in one mont without flying and buying miles from Lufthansa?
I´m thinking about newspaper subscription, but I´m not locate in Germany. So I do´t know if I can order the subscription for my friend in Germany and use my girlfriend account number.
Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Your GF can sign up for a CC. You get a welcome bonus of at least 3k miles with almost every CC promoted by M&M.

Other than this just go to M&M.com and browse the website. There are so many opportunities to earn 3k miles without flying. It would take ages to list all ways to get this 3k miles here.

Take care!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately M/M doesn´t offer CC in Czech Republic. So I thing the subscription would be the best bet. But I´m not sure if I can order it for my friend from germany and use my M/M number.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by tatranka
Unfortunately M/M doesn´t offer CC in Czech Republic. So I thing the subscription would be the best bet. But I´m not sure if I can order it for my friend from germany and use my M/M number.
Just order it under your name and make sure you put your friend's name as c/o and his address. That should do the trick.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
You may consider to purchase miles in this case. Each account is allowed to purchase up to 12 K miles per year in 2K steps. In your case you could buy 4K miles for 115 EUR and currently they offer 20% extra miles (so you would get 4.800 miles).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Thats looks ok. Put my friend´s name as c/o.

http://www.faz.net/s/Rub669F7E487422...mon~Sform.html

6000 miles for 43E is better than buying miles from Lufthansa (4000 miles for 115 EUR)
Old Feb 23, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: Miles and More
If you only need 3200, you may go for cheaper FAZ subscription 3000 miles for 21E (check the first page on promotions thread) and 500 miles for registration on musicload.de
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
You may consider to purchase miles in this case. Each account is allowed to purchase up to 12 K miles per year in 2K steps. In your case you could buy 4K miles for 115 EUR and currently they offer 20% extra miles (so you would get 4.800 miles).
Probably the fastest but also most expensive way to go. Depending on how much time the OP has, going for a medium sized subscription (e.g. FAZ) should be cheaper, but it also takes some time before the miles post (my miles took about 2 weeks after paying the invoice, but keep in mind that receiving the invoice can take a couple of weeks as well).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I just put the address of my country's consulate in Berlin - let those poor diplomats have some free papers

(and register their phone number at the different T-Online/-Mobile/-whatever promotions)
Old Feb 24, 2009, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Can I ask you how long does it take s to get the invoice? Is it possible get it over the e-mail or fax? I don´t have a German address.

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I just put the address of my country's consulate in Berlin - let those poor diplomats have some free papers

(and register their phone number at the different T-Online/-Mobile/-whatever promotions)
Old Feb 24, 2009, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Can I ask you how long does it take s to get the invoice? Is it possible get it over the e-mail or fax? I don´t have a German address.
For papers I used only some free offers that was shown in this thread.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 6:43 am

I ordered FTD a while ago and it took them about 4 weeks to send the invoice, FAZ took about three weeks after the subscription started. Some newspapers (I believe FTD was one of them, but not sure anymore) allowed you to pay with credit card when signing up. So that might be a way to go, just check the web pages.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately there is no promotion for FTD at the moment. Only FAZ. But I´m curious, if they can send me the invoice over the e-mail.

Originally Posted by German-FLyer
I ordered FTD a while ago and it took them about 4 weeks to send the invoice, FAZ took about three weeks after the subscription started. Some newspapers (I believe FTD was one of them, but not sure anymore) allowed you to pay with credit card when signing up. So that might be a way to go, just check the web pages.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie
If you need the miles within one month I would definitively buy the miles from M&M and not go with the FAZ option as it may take weeks to get your miles in your account, potentially diminishing your chances to get an award seat.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 1:52 pm

Unfortunately there is no promotion for FTD at the moment. Only FAZ. But I´m curious, if they can send me the invoice over the e-mail.
Well, write them an email or give them a call. Curious which story you will tell them why they can't send you an invoice but can send you a daily newspaper.

Do you have a SPG account? Maybe your friend has a Payback account (earning points through shopping in Germany) and would be willing to transfer some of his points? Buying the miles from LH will probably remain the fastest and safest option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.