LH direct service between MUC and TLV is now loaded

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
LH direct service between MUC and TLV is now loaded

LH 688 MUC-TLV 0945-1420
LH 689 TLV-MUC 1545-1845

LH will use a340-300 for this flight, whice will be oprated 4 daya a week - tuesday, wednesday, thursday and sunday,

first flight - april 26.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:36 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Nice. Is the flight allowed to leave from Terminal 2 or does LH have to use the sake of Terminal 1 F or whatever it was?

Hopefully, they manage to fill up that bird. Neither the current financial crisis nor Israel promise to be that much of a guarantee these days.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:12 am

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Nice. Is the flight allowed to leave from Terminal 2 or does LH have to use the sake of Terminal 1 F or whatever it was?

Hopefully, they manage to fill up that bird. Neither the current financial crisis nor Israel promise to be that much of a guarantee these days.
I made a dummy booking and it shows MUC Terminal 1 - so it´s from the 1F. But on arrival it shows T2.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by gordo6
LH 688 MUC-TLV 0945-1420
LH 689 TLV-MUC 1545-1845

LH will use a340-300 for this flight, whice will be oprated 4 daya a week - tuesday, wednesday, thursday and sunday,

first flight - april 26.
Is this extra capacity really needed currently. This extra service coulso have the canibalisation effect on both the LX ZRH departure and LH FRA departure that leave TLV + - at the same time in the afternoon.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
Is this extra capacity really needed currently. This extra service coulso have the canibalisation effect on both the LX ZRH departure and LH FRA departure that leave TLV + - at the same time in the afternoon.
My guess is that LH had asked for the traffic rights way earlier when times were more promising. Now they got the "ok" and had to go for it to keep it for the longterm when it will definitely make sense. Enough US and European flights in MUC as well, it will just be interesting to see how big the burden is to depart from Terminal 1F.

Last edited by supermasterphil; Feb 18, 2009 at 5:06 am Reason: corrected the Terminal in MUC
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN for Life
Philipp hit it on the head. LH used to have MUC-TLV and dropped it when tourism was down. They have been trying to get it back for some years now. (Last year was very good for tourism.) Now that the expectation is for less passengers they got it and are going for it in the expectation that tourism will recover.

LH is the most popular foreign airline in Israel. Close to 100 HON and thousands of SEN.

Shofar
Old Feb 18, 2009, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
My guess is that LH had asked for the traffic rights way earlier when times were more promising. Now they got the "ok" and had to go for it to keep it for the longterm when it will definitely make sense. Enough US and European flights in MUC as well, it will just be interesting to see how big the burden is to depart from Terminal 1E.
The flight will depart from 1f and not from 1e
Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by gordo6
The flight will depart from 1f and not from 1e
Sorry, that's what I meant.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:07 pm

Nice schedule

It saves the waste of some three hours in the morning for MUC-FRA when heading to TLV.

The A343 equipment will make connections on OS via VIE even more obsolete.

Anyway, the market, while volatile, is there in the long run.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: mam
Great for NA cxn too

Avoiding FRA on overseas connections is good news.
MUC is much more convenient. TLV-FRA is OK if everything is on time but especially hate boarding LH FRA-TLV - it takes forever. Hopefully they'll manage to keep it running through the downturn and maybe add the AM flight too.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by cc07
MUC is much more convenient.
But it will depart from T1f, not T2... it will certainly not be your standard MUC connection.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bob'sYourUncle
But it will depart from T1f, not T2... it will certainly not be your standard MUC connection.
I once deprated from t1f. it was horrible!!!!
I think there will be a need for at leat 2.5 connection hours as only the security in there took 50 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.