Better fly returns!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2009, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Better fly returns!

email received from Lufthansa today:

Do you want...
...a bit of a change from every day life?
...relaxation and perfect service?
...a foretaste of summer, sun, and amazing views?
...to keep your holiday budget reasonable so that you can still afford a souvenir?

In that case, start looking forward to Wednesday, when you - as a reader of the Lufthansa Newsletter - will be brought a little closer to making your dreams reality.

But remember: Our surprise is only valid for 48 hours! So mark the date in your calendar to make sure that you do not miss out.

Any guesses on the first destinations?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 5:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for the heads up. Great news for many FTers who just to book this offers regularly. And probably we'll see a revival of the RTF guessing game
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: LH FTL
I did not get the email. Are you talking about "better fly" or "ready to fly"?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I received the email. It doesn't say either "Better fly" or "Ready to fly" .
The headline reads: "Exclusive advance notice! A surprise will be waiting for you here on Wednesday."
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
Slightly different subject line on mine:

Let yourself be surprised.

And then in the email - Exclusive advance notice! A surprise will be waiting for you here on Wednesday.

So I sit back and wait for Wednesday and hope it's an offer I can take advantage of easily.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by callie-girl
Slightly different subject line on mine:

Let yourself be surprised.
The subject line of mine is:

Let yourself be surprised on Wednesday.

Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Just to be clear: With my post above I was not implying that we'll see any RFT offers in the near of any future. It was all just speculation.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Can't wait to see the lame offers again on Wednesday !
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:22 am

It's Wednesday here but the LH UK homepage is still telling me to "come back on Wednesday for our special 2 day sale with great fares to top holiday destinations..." What time zone do they live in?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:28 am

This is what they have from HEL

48 hours of sensational offers
48 hours of sensational offers around the world. Find your seat on a Lufthansa flight to fantastic destinations throughout the world. Fly high, pay low. Take the chance of your 48-hour opportunity for worldwide top offers and book now. The countdown is on.

Our sensational offers are only bookable from Wednesday 00:00 until Thursday 23:59!

back to Top Offers
1Choose your origin Helsinki2Choose your destination Alexandriafrom399 €*Atlantafrom499 €*Beijingfrom449 €*Bostonfrom449 €*Cairofrom399 €*Calgaryfrom549 €*Chicagofrom499 €*Dallas/Fort Worthfrom499 €*Delhifrom449 €*Detroitfrom499 €*Guangzhoufrom549 €*Hong Kongfrom499 €*Houstonfrom499 €*Johannesburgfrom449 €*Mexico Cityfrom549 €*Mumbai/Bombayfrom449 €*Nanjingfrom449 €*New Yorkfrom449 €*Orlandofrom499 €*Philadelphiafrom449 €*Portlandfrom499 €*Seattlefrom499 €*Seoulfrom549 €*Shanghaifrom499 €*Singaporefrom549 €*Torontofrom549 €*Tunisfrom249 €*

* For round trip, all taxes and fees included.

back to Top Offers
Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:10 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Same offer from CDG. Destinations and prices seem to be identical to those out of HEL, so I won't clog this thread by reposting. The offer also seems to run out of the UK (at similar rates).

Well, nothing too special if you ask me, although there are a couple of good deals. Some others, though, have been there for a while, e.g. CDG-NYC for €379 has been advertised on their website for a while now. JNB, MEX and SIN seem to be the best deals.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
The offer also seems to run out of the UK (at similar rates).
But no north American destinations on offer ex-UK.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But no north American destinations on offer ex-UK.
True, yes. But, as I said below, the North American offers from, e.g., CDG, are nothing to write home about, anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN, PC RA, misc
LTUR

Not RTF, but some interesting L'TUR fares were loaded today. Didn't notice them before.
DUS-ORD for 257 EUR almost seems like an error. Very specific dates only, though.
Or did LTUR forget to calculate YQ?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Those fares are interesting, any idea which class this books in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.