Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD-WAW-SVO in C on LOT - a mistake?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; CO Plat; Hilton Dimond; Marriott 3/3
Question ORD-WAW-SVO in C on LOT - a mistake?

I hope some of you good folks can easy my worries.

I booked an award ticket to Moscow in February (don't ask why! ) in business ORD-WAW-SVO on LOT and DME-FRA-JFK on LH.

My itenerary isn't limited to what's above, so it seemed like a good deal at the time. (If anyone is interested, my home is LAX, so it's actually LAX-PHL-ORD-WAW-SVO/DME-FRA-JFK/PHL-ILM-CLT-ORD-MCI-PHX-LAX; checked luggage required!)

I've flown LH plenty, but never on LOT. Now, I am thinking this may have been a mistake and I should've looked for an LH flight, or even settled for UA.

Can anyone share experiences on LOT? Or point me in the right direction for a search? (Or should I run and hide now?!)
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
You can find a comparison of LH and LO in this thread. A search will bring up some more threads.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:38 pm

LO in C ain't that bad... not very far from what you can expect from LH.
Here's my relation (sorry, in Polish but a lot of pics)
http://lotnictwo.net.pl/viewtopic.php?t=14481

If you have any questions PM me.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback.

My LO segment is ORD-WAW-SVO, ORD-WAW being an overnight flight. It sounds like I'll be fine if it's a 763 and screwed if it's a 762.

I'll keep everyone posted, including a trip report afterwards.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:00 pm

You'll be fine - LO got rid off 762 in fall 2008, so should be ok.
LO strengths are cabin crews who are really attentive comparing to the ones in UA or even sometimes LH ones. I travelled in LO metal to US four times in 2008 and there was nothing to complain about if you just expect decent service and not any fancy schmancy stuff onboard.

I can see server lotnictwo.net.pl is overloaded (some attack on it?) - try tomorrow, should work
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mike_one2many
Thanks for the feedback.

My LO segment is ORD-WAW-SVO, ORD-WAW being an overnight flight. It sounds like I'll be fine if it's a 763 and screwed if it's a 762.

I'll keep everyone posted, including a trip report afterwards.
I don't believe that LO have any 762s left

http://www.lot.com/Portal/EN/aspx/Content_Fleet.aspx
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I did LO from WAW to JFK last November and it was perfectly OK. The service was good, and the staff tried very hard. Food was pretty OK too. I would say that the staff were more friendly that I recall the LH staff as being.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
I did LO from WAW to JFK last November and it was perfectly OK. The service was good, and the staff tried very hard. Food was pretty OK too. I would say that the staff were more friendly that I recall the LH staff as being.
That's exactly what I thought about LO. The airline itself isn't really bad comparing to what others can offer, but it has terrible marketing dept who can't exploit it...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:38 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
LO C is just fine. I enjoyed it.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Not a mistake

An update - as promised.

I did the ORD-WAW-SVO on LOT and it was as pleasant an experience as could be expected.

I got to ORD about 2.5 hours before the flight, but stood in the check-in line for 20 minutes. Everyone appeared to ignore me and no one cared.

LOT lounge at ORD is dark and dirty, but SWISS is nice (and was very empty).

The aircraft was 767-300, very clean and presentable. On board, Y was *packed* but there were only 6 people in C. I was in 2A, there was no one next to me, nor anywhere else in my row. The color scheme (orange and blue) is cute, and I really liked the microfiber seats.

The food was on-par with LH and others (in both quality, presentation, and selection), but they have a better selection of juice (apple, cranberry, orange, grapefruit, tomotoe, and black currant -- no, that's not one drink, that's the list!).

Everyone is right about the crew. They are excellent. I fell asleep pretty quickly and somone closed my shades and the shades on the other side. That was really nice because I slept for a full 6 hours.

Lounge at WAW is fine. Nothing to write home about.

WAW-SVO was on an E-170, which was brand-new and very smooth.

I'd fly LOT again. Not sure if I'd pay for it though
Old Feb 16, 2009, 1:32 am

I'm glad you enjoyed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.