Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I would be happy with any FCL if they were to provide some dedicated security points to go airside for F/Hon pax.
Just fly through MUC, they have it all: dedicated security and customs/immigration inside the FCL, available to departing, arriving and connecting pax. @:-)

FRA is just an ugly joke, I already regret buying those First Class tickets a few weeks ago.
Then again, I can and will reroute through ZRH, I'm just waiting for the next LH strike (happening within the next 1-4 weeks with a probability of 99%) to get the change made INVOL, hence for free. LX, here I come.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Just fly through MUC, they have it all: dedicated security and customs/immigration inside the FCL, available to departing, arriving and connecting pax. @:-)

FRA is just an ugly joke, I already regret buying those First Class tickets a few weeks ago.
Then again, I can and will reroute through ZRH, I'm just waiting for the next LH strike (happening within the next 1-4 weeks with a probability of 99%) to get the change made INVOL, hence for free. LX, here I come.
Not too many BKK bound LH flights from MUC unfortunately ...
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: LH, SPG
Last I heard was that Fraport was limiting the number of vehicles on the tarmac, thus LH is not able to provide any real pick up service.
However, as I cannot verfiy this statement, it could well be LH BS just putting the blame on someone else where in fact they simply do not want to provide this service ?
You may be right, but the Fraport excuse sounds very plausible. After all, limo service is not an issue from the airport's point of view if it's provided to VIPs. But shuttling every plain IP (with the V taken out) is not going to be possible.

I would be happy with any FCL if they were to provide some dedicated security points to go airside for F/Hon pax.
Don't count on it. LH are saying they're discontinuing this in the only place that had it, MUC.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:37 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
You don't consider SIN a major airport?
So it's "regional"?
Uh huh.
I'm a bit worried now, did you take your medication?
No, SIN is just the opposite of "regional". It is almost longhaul only. A total different story. You can't compare SIN with FRA, like you can't compare SQ with LH. Total different business.

However, per my knowledge Changi still has just a 3rd of flights and around 50% pax in comparison with FRA. So per number of pax it plays in the MUC leage, per number of flights it is even far below MUC.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
So per number of pax it plays in the MUC leage, per number of flights it is even far below MUC.
And per number of happy pax, they play in the highest league.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martona
Don't count on it. LH are saying they're discontinuing this in the only place that had it, MUC.
Well, not LH is discontinuing this, the EU is, as the EU won't allow arriving pax to enter any airside concourse w/o going through an additional security screening first. And since the FCL is located airside...

As least it will stil be possible to use the FCL as an arrival lounge. But the way to get there will probably be much longer and more inconvenient.

And it's a big plus that we now don't have to go through another screening when flying to the US. The walk from the FCL to the US gates will be much shorter.

Last edited by flysurfer; Jan 17, 2009 at 10:47 am
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:47 am

And per number of happy pax, they play in the highest league.
I don't know Changi, so I don't know about my personal SIN happyness. I would agree for BKK however. I don't know if all F pax got treaten like me. But picking me up from a KLM flight on a different ticket, having my BP handy and driving me over via electro cart to the F lounge last year went very smoothly. Much better, than in ANY European airport.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:49 am

Well, not LH is discontinuing this, the EU is, as the EU won't allow arriving pax to enter any airside concourse w/o going through an additional security screening first. And since the FCL is located airside...
Now we are here. This is the hassle each airport in the EU has to play with.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But picking me up from a KLM flight on a different ticket, having my BP handy and driving me over via electro cart to the F lounge last year went very smoothly. Much better, than in ANY European airport.
Exactly. That's how you treat a premium pax.

In the EU, they just keep coming up with more ridiculous regulations (harassments), forcing pax to walk back and forth through endless mazes (in order to cover a point to point distcance of only a few yards!) and confiscating (stealing) their harmless belongings without reason and sufficient suspicion.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:19 am

In the EU, they just keep coming up with more ridiculous regulations (harassments), forcing pax to walk back and forth through endless mazes (in order to cover a point to point distcance of only a few yards!) and confiscating (stealing) their harmless belongings without reason and sufficient suspicion.
Now we are in 100% agreement. ^
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Unfortunately, LH's approach to F class service is exhausted in meeting the stereotypes people have about First Class and "luxury", and not its essence.

This forum bristles with exemplifications of those stereotypes. Krug and Dom are cool, everything else sucks. Mercedes S and Cayenne are the sh!t, the rest stinks. And then it is (farmed) caviar and nespresso machines (), spas and habanos robustos...

Originally Posted by martona
Hear hear! However, this would have absolutely zero marketing effect for F pax or HON aspirants.

I have some coworkers who are trying to get HON and all I hear from them is the gushing over the limos they see and the lounges they may have visited once or twice. They want access to the "good life". I keep telling them that it wears thin after a while and all that remains is good service and they'll have none of my BS.

What I'm saying is, you, I, and everyone who's had HON status for a while (or flown F enough) may see through the pink fog and go for the things that really matter. The things that really matter, unfortunately, are not shiny enough for marketing purposes. Or they'd be extremely un-PC to advertise. (Become HON and don't stand in line with the hoi polloi, ever!)
This was an excellent post.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now we are here. This is the hassle each airport in the EU has to play with.
Yep. But different airports play it differently.
Unfortunately, FRA (not FCT) is a major loser in this game.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: too many...
[QUOTE=martona;11093182]The things that really matter, unfortunately, are not shiny enough for marketing purposes. Or they'd be extremely un-PC to advertise. (Become HON and don't stand in line with the hoi polloi, ever!)/QUOTE]

If I take this lovely letter of Mr. A correctly it seems that LH undertakes the effort to be PC.

And in its efforts of LH F class services they start to introduce the hit and miss element. More and more often when it comes to the services that are not advertised the miss factor is coming through.

The enhancements advertised simply defy the service concept that LH introduced with HON.

JNBHEL
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:41 pm

I don't know Changi, so I don't know about my personal SIN happyness. I would agree for BKK however. I don't know if all F pax got treaten like me. But picking me up from a KLM flight on a different ticket, having my BP handy and driving me over via electro cart to the F lounge last year went very smoothly. Much better, than in ANY European airport.
The ground experience with TG in BKK is #1 in the world.

As an airport, Changi is simply mind-blowing and consistently wins awards for "best airport in the world."

I transit the airport (T2 & T3) a dozen times a year and am always amazed.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by macabus
I transit the airport (T2 & T3) a dozen times a year and am always amazed.
why?! because of the ultra long walks?! or is it more the dark ambience that gets your attention?! its not a bad airport but its as overrated as SQ in my opinion, especially if you are only transiting. on the other hand i dont think FRA is as bad as many here make it sound...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.