Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more FCT access for connecting passengers? [This policy is not in place!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
So true. I was really pissed off a couple times with the FCT, when it was so overcrowded. But I'm probably not one of those most important customers, unlike the once-in-a-lifetime flyers travelling on awards and were in the FCT for hours and hours to maximize their first experience.
Easily overcome if us "award FCT hoggers" were offered decent and timely connections in FRA

Last edited by Yukonprince; Apr 15, 2009 at 3:31 am
Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Easily overcome if us "award FCT hoggers" were offered decent and timely connections in FRA
If you follow the questions about this over time in this board you will find many, who use the words "maximize my F experience" and ask questions like "should I better take a later connection in order to check out the FCT in all details". Easily to understand (hopefully) that for us frequent flyers this paints a virtual picture in mind.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes
Looks like any comment here, might it be negative or not, is awarded with
Maybe there is a reason for this?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HombreDeLasNubes
Looks like any comment here, might it be negative or not, is awarded with
and to be crystal clear, disapproval can only be

Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
If you follow the questions about this over time in this board you will find many, who use the words "maximize my F experience" and ask questions like "should I better take a later connection in order to check out the FCT in all details". Easily to understand (hopefully) that for us frequent flyers this paints a virtual picture in mind.
True, I agree!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 7:10 am

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
If "they" (the award users, longtime-loungers or whoever) fullfill the requirements "they" should be perfectly permitted to use the terminal. No problem. They are paying pax as well. Relax.

Why should we separate "us, the good frequent flyers" and these guys? Just be tolerant. If it gets too crowded you can use other lounges. And you will know where to find them. If the FCT gets constantly too small LH might expand it. They seem to do a lot of lounge investments these days.

On the other hand: Milking everything to the limit is never a good way to enjoy goodies. I just remembered LH's gate buffets back then when serious business guys would literally fill their pockets with free candy bars.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by sentom
actually in her defense, she asked because of possible checked lugagge...
You fell for the oldest trick in the airline business ? The faked interest in customer service!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Longlegs
If it gets too crowded you can use other lounges. And you will know where to find them.
so someone who constantly buys F and/or C fares is supposed to move out of the way so that a F award connection pax can use the FCT?! what have you been smoking!?

If the FCT gets constantly too small LH might expand it. They seem to do a lot of lounge investments these days
they already did! FCL B, remember?!

On the other hand: Milking everything to the limit is never a good way to enjoy goodies.
here is a sensible comment... ^

Originally Posted by weero
You fell for the oldest trick in the airline business ? The faked interest in customer service!
LOL! i knew this was coming!

i hereby invite you to join me on an LH flight of your choice with preflight FCT usage so you can experience what LH is capable of in terms of customer service if your name isnt weero...

i feel very well taken care of in FRA... mostly...
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:01 am

so someone who constantly buys F and/or C fares is supposed to move out of the way so that a F award connection pax can use the FCT?! what have you been smoking!?
You wouldn't need to move out of the way but just share the infrastructure. If they are valid First guests it is "their" FCT too. First service is the same regardless of the booking class behind your ticket, your travel habits and the sponsor of your ticket.

If people -aside from the novelty factor- keep on prefering the FCT over lounges LH should start to think about what people get there that they don't get elsewhere. And that might be the apron car service for example.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:03 am
hch

FYI on my last visits the FCT was pretty empty and the FCL B solidly filled. So maybe thing are balancing out now. Maybe there's actually enough space for both the high spenders and the award users now

And I must admit that at least in the morning I'm just as fine with the Welcome lounge as with any FCL, especially if that means I can avoid re-clearing security.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:20 am

Why should we separate "us, the good frequent flyers" and these guys? Just be tolerant. If it gets too crowded you can use other lounges. And you will know where to find them.
It is nothing about separation and has nothing to do with tolerance. But for let's say at least 60% of the pax connecting in Frankfurt FCL A or FCL B is just as convenient as the FCT. But for those, who really start in Frankfurt the FCT is the only reasonable choice, starting with the valet parking service.

If the FCT gets constantly too small LH might expand it. They seem to do a lot of lounge investments these days.
Yes, they do. FCL B is a good example and they plan a lot of lounge space in the new A0/A-West terminal. But I fail to see, how they could easily expand the FCT. It is a separate building and it was probably difficult enough to get all the authorizations there.

Anyway, the title of this thread has become history anyway. Pax have the choice now and most pax will be intelligent enough to make their best choice between FCLs and FCT.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 9:35 am

I have reduced my lounge visits very much. First point I'm not travelling "that much" in first for the time being but second I even switch airports if the waiting time for the next flight gets too long. Typically at FRA I'll connect on high speed trains to the rhine area now and I can arrive and leave just when I want. There are so many trains to chose from. So right now I'm not taking anybodies most needed FCT space away. Enjoy it guys.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: Mostly Mileage Plus (UGS) + AAdvantage (Gold)
Question

Originally Posted by flying.fokker
Hello,
i can confirm that you can get access to the FCT again when you have a connection flight but it is really not so easy.
We arrived yesterday from HKG in F at C16. It is now really quite a walk from the gate to the FCT Terminal as the transfer service is stopped.
Funny enough we were send from the First CI Staff at Terminal A along the road (pretty dangerous walk) straight to the terminal.

Was your ongoing flight in LH intra-Europe C or LH international F?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by sentom
..LOL! i knew this was coming!
Which raises the question why you then did fall for it !
i hereby invite you to join me on an LH flight of your choice with preflight FCT usage so you can experience what LH is capable of in terms of customer service if your name isnt weero... ..
I do not yet get the subtleties of this plan .. after all, I am weero. This will not provide the spiritual experience to see the word through other eyes .
Old Apr 18, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Dear fellow FTers,

As LH changed their minds and allows connecting passengers to use the FCT again, this thread is of no use anymore and the thread title kind of misleading.

Therefore I'll close this thread now. Please feel free to discuss your issues with the FCT and the FCLs in one of the various threads on this topic.

Have a nice day,

totti
M&M moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.