Swiss mileage problem

Old Jan 10, 2009, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Swiss mileage problem

I flew to London City through Zurich. As I learned they have some problems to credit the miles. So I used the online tool to get them credit but it didn´t work. Now it says the following on my account statement:

9/12/2008 LONDON CITY AIRPORT-Zürich
Flug bereits erfasst
Business Class, J
10/12/2008 Zürich-LONDON CITY AIRPORT
Flug bereits erfasst
Business Class, J

Does anybody have the same experience ?
And will something happen automatically now ?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 2:44 am

Programs: LH
By 50% of all bookings with LX/LH experiended the same! Sometimes the missing mileage shows up within 2 weeks, sometimes not. If not, you have to contact SEN hotline. Chances are good that they fix it while online, if not, you have to send at least a copy of BCs and the etix. Sometimes they insist that a copy is not sufficient, they need the original BC. Be sure to have some reciept that you have sent it. From there on it may take another 2 to 4 weeks more. Life is hard sometimes!
Old Jan 10, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
It happened to me and a friend on Swiss Business Upgrades ticket. When claiming on line the missing miles, we got the Flug bereits erfasst mention. We therefore sent our BP to get the miles credited. I got them fairly quickly, while my friend got the flights credited more than 2 months later after e-mailing and calling them several time. I got it also on OS flights, but in this case it was because I claimed the missing miles 4 days after the flights and my claim may have crossed the credit as next day the credit came together with a second entry of the flight with the "Flug bereits erfasst" mention.

Would send my BP asap and if not credited within the next months then call.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 3:01 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Originally Posted by dottore
Sometimes they insist that a copy is not sufficient, they need the original BC.
Just wondering what the definition is of an "original BC". What about online checkin, where I could print out the BC many times, I basically could send them the PDF via email (safes postage and is traced). What about the new mobile BC, where you have the BC bar code thingy on your PDA? Would I need to send in my mobile then? M&M should come up with quick solutions for this since "original BC" in their sense will become less and less (btw. that is what LH wants, less paper).

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by aquaguy
Just wondering what the definition is of an "original BC". What about online checkin, where I could print out the BC many times, I basically could send them the PDF via email (safes postage and is traced).
There is still an orginal boarding pass showing "SEN" or "UA P" or whatever. The idea behind is that the want to make sure that the miles were not credited to another program. In theory, you were reuired to send the originals. In practice, copies (even fax) was always sufficient.

What about the new mobile BC, where you have the BC bar code thingy on your PDA?
Simply print it....

M&M should come up with quick solutions for this since "original BC" in their sense will become less and less (btw. that is what LH wants, less paper).
They did so and 90% of all problems can solved via the website. However, there will be always 10% left....
Old Jan 10, 2009, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Anyone know how to handle a bar code mobile BP sent to your mobile ?
(the ones that come by MMS to your phone like an SMS)

Last edited by Rambuster; Jan 10, 2009 at 5:42 am
Old Jan 10, 2009, 5:38 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
No idea. Send in your blackberry
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:23 am

Hand it in to M&M.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
If you are using a Windows Mobile Device, you can use the My Mobile software for making screenshots.

http://www.mtux.com
Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:03 pm

I have never used the MMS option, but I have been using the e-mail BP: Just print the E-mail.

If your phone allows so, you can also forward the MMS to an e-mail. Otherwise, save the bar code as a picture and then send as an e-mail.

I wonder though whether M&M would at all be able to scan those barcodes in their retrocredit office
Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by D-AIPD
I have never used the MMS option, but I have been using the e-mail BP: Just print the E-mail.

If your phone allows so, you can also forward the MMS to an e-mail. Otherwise, save the bar code as a picture and then send as an e-mail.

I wonder though whether M&M would at all be able to scan those barcodes in their retrocredit office
I am a traditionalist in this respect. I want to have a proper BP in my pocket with a stub to take home.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 5:02 pm

CHANGE

We need change
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by D-AIPD
We need change
Old Jan 17, 2009, 6:04 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) PPC; MDA_Vario_IV/1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by steff
I flew to London City through Zurich. As I learned they have some problems to credit the miles. So I used the online tool to get them credit but it didn´t work. Now it says the following on my account statement:

9/12/2008 LONDON CITY AIRPORT-Zürich
Flug bereits erfasst
Business Class, J
10/12/2008 Zürich-LONDON CITY AIRPORT
Flug bereits erfasst
Business Class, J

Does anybody have the same experience ?
And will something happen automatically now ?
Different experience here: for "horizont" promo reasons I asked at check-in to have my m&m number removed from my flight record. No M&M reference on the bording pass, but anyohw, the flightes were credited to my m&m account automatically (including horizont bonus ;-( ).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.