Wiki Posts
Search

Stupid newbie question which lounges to use at DXB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Stupid newbie question which lounges to use at DXB

Hi everybody,

sorry, I'm new to this whole premium classes and lounge thing (employer has Y policy and only European clients ), so after fifteen years of collecting miles, I finally get to smell the air up front.

While it's probably not a once-in-a-lifetime-experience, I don't think I'll repeat that very often and hence I'd like to maximise the experience.

What lounges can/should I (no status except worthless FB silver ) use on departure, connection and arrival with the following flights:

FRA-ZRH-DXB in LX F - the FCT at FRA and FCL at FCL are obvious, but I didn't find anything about arrivals lounges at DXB.

FRA-DXB-FRA in LH (PrivatAir) C - again, the lounges at FRA and DXB respectively for departure are pretty clear, but what about using any facilities on arrival?

Thanks for your advice.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:26 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Airsicknessbag
Hi everybody,

sorry, I'm new to this whole premium classes and lounge thing (employer has Y policy and only European clients ), so after fifteen years of collecting miles, I finally get to smell the air up front.

While it's probably not a once-in-a-lifetime-experience, I don't think I'll repeat that very often and hence I'd like to maximise the experience.

What lounges can/should I (no status except worthless FB silver ) use on departure, connection and arrival with the following flights:

FRA-ZRH-DXB in LX F - the FCT at FRA and FCL at FCL are obvious, but I didn't find anything about arrivals lounges at DXB.

FRA-DXB-FRA in LH (PrivatAir) C - again, the lounges at FRA and DXB respectively for departure are pretty clear, but what about using any facilities on arrival?

Thanks for your advice.
There is no arrival lounge at DXB. For departure there is a *A lounge at DXB.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by szg
There is no arrival lounge at DXB. For departure there is a *A lounge at DXB.
FYI the *A lounge in DXB is operated by LH. However, it is very poor in everything.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:10 am

Programs: price is a king
Angry

Hey,

Originally Posted by LH/LX
FYI the *A lounge in DXB is operated by LH. However, it is very poor in everything.
They are already poor in letting people know which *A lounge it is. LH website says Senator Lounge DXB

When I arrived with my Senator (flying Emirates to Riyadh) they did claim it's a regular business lounge and I will not be admitted to enter. I did check with LH Senator line (confirmed it should be a Senator one), I did write to the Station Manager an email with a complaint and zero response (6 months now). Few days later I did change my schedule to avoid LH when flying back to Europe. "Nu pogodi"!

To cut long story short - LH's customer orientation and services are poor at DXB in general. I'd suggest booking Emirates in order to enjoy their F (or even Y) - unless you don't have some major miles-related agenda (status retention).

mf

ps. due to company policy I only fly Y, unless I get op-up, which is tough one. When flying I always wear skate-boy clothes - nobody wants to have a immature kid overusing alcohol in F, right?
Old Dec 21, 2008, 7:39 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Alternatively use the Dnata-operated lounge. Seating is lousy but food is quite OK.

No arrival lounges in DXB except for EK F arrivals.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:16 am

The Star Alliance lounge should be avoided at all cost, during the midnight departure wave (OS, TG, LX, UA, LH departing within 3-4 hours) it's completely overcrowded, but 24/7 it's very poor anyway as mentioned. With a Priority Pass you can choose between the Dnata lounge and the Marhaba lounge (to buy you in it should be around 100 dirham). I like the Dnata lounge (gate 108) better, but the Marhaba lounge is directly opposite the Star Alliance lounge (gate 125). There's a new Marhaba lounge in T3 (gate 220) as well.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 5:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jarino
The Star Alliance lounge should be avoided at all cost, during the midnight departure wave (OS, TG, LX, UA, LH departing within 3-4 hours) it's completely overcrowded, but 24/7 it's very poor anyway as mentioned. With a Priority Pass you can choose between the Dnata lounge and the Marhaba lounge (to buy you in it should be around 100 dirham). I like the Dnata lounge (gate 108) better, but the Marhaba lounge is directly opposite the Star Alliance lounge (gate 125).
Thanks for the heads-up. I am flying DXB-FRA in January with the Privatair flight, too, and was wondering about the lounge to use for the intake of my mandatory early morning coffee . I will probably use one of the PP lounges then. Or would the BA lounge be preferable?

By the way, the LH website states the opening times of the SEN lounge as "min. 18.00 - 04.00" - whatever the "min" means. Probably the LH website is not only very slow today but also outdated in general and the lounge is open for the morning depratures, too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.